Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

A Glock story

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    sd1023x
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 1016



    Keep digging OP....
    Originally posted by Shotgun Man
    Sorry, but I can't help but get a homo-erotic vibe from this thread.

    Comment

    • #47
      Jerry X
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 702

      Originally posted by tempdrummer
      LOL.

      Comment

      • #48
        Sajedene
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 1889

        I can take my glock apart really easy - and I have manicured nails

        Then again, I know how to signal left in my car too
        Last edited by Sajedene; 10-04-2010, 11:32 PM.

        Random Thoughts of a Cereal Kind.

        Comment

        • #49
          rudeboy3
          Member
          • May 2010
          • 364

          Uhh what department wont allow you to have a cell phone? Dont most require you have a phone?

          Comment

          • #50
            bigsexyken
            Junior Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 18

            a glock 17 comes with how many rounds? And it is full size perhaps? If you are going to condescend, don't do it with poor context. I was differentiating between the sizes of pistols and caliber to deduce the model.

            She's cal fire btw

            Comment

            • #51
              Beetle Bailey
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2004
              • 2620

              Originally posted by bigsexyken
              a glock 17 comes with how many rounds? And it is full size perhaps? If you are going to condescend, don't do it with poor context. I was differentiating between the sizes of pistols and caliber to deduce the model.

              She's cal fire btw
              If this is directed at me, I am sorry. I was not trying to be condescending (actually one of the few in this thread who isn't being condescending to you). I was merely trying to give you the info to figure out on your own which model she had. If her magazine held 15 rounds of 9x19mm and no more, then you are correct: it is a Glock 19.

              I was trying to provide the information for you so you wouldn't have to look it up. And yes, the Glock 17 magazine holds 17 rounds of 9x19mm. You posted that you thought it might be 19 rounds so I thought there might be some confusion. No insult intended.
              "All bad precedents began as justifiable measures." Julius Caesar

              Comment

              • #52
                Average Joe American
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 582

                Originally posted by chesterthehero
                "backstrap"... not grip...
                since when is dry firing a glock an issue?
                m&p mags are $40 apiece..
                dont forget (per s&w) to use the built in "take down tool" for the m&p

                one handed take down on a glock takes about 5 seconds


                im no glock humper.. but srsly.. you cant beat a glock..
                Why would I ever need or want to do a one handed field strip? How is that a serious advantage? And for the record you can field strip M&P's one handed and without the tool. I field strip mine tooless all the time. Btw that guy Tex needs to work on his health survival more so than his SHTF, EOTWAWKI and shooting survival skills.
                Last edited by Average Joe American; 10-05-2010, 3:48 PM.

                Comment

                • #53
                  hefedehefe
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 2141

                  Originally posted by ArmednReady
                  So any1 on here who as ever seen my responses to glocks know that I am surely not a glock fan...they are ugly as hell and dont fit very comfortably in my hand. But with that being said having an extracter break in 4 rounds means 1 of 2 things eithe that was a lemon from the factory. or the OP made it up. Ive never heard of any gun let alone a glock break with only 4 rounds through it even a Hi-point has passed the strenious test of 4 rounds lol. Like I said before Im not a glock fan although I do want to buy a glock 21 just to say I own it lol plus I want a .45, but this whole story seems a little unbelievable.
                  I'm not a fan either, but if I was to buy one, it would be a 20 or 29 10mm. And thats because there is not an XD10 yet
                  War does not determine who is right - only who is left!!
                  I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep your "change"
                  "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy" - Frank Sinatra
                  "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
                  "When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." - Neil Patrick Harrissigpic

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    rromeo
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 6981

                    Originally posted by RollingCode3
                    Just curious... What is the name of this department? Glock 19 Gen 4 as a duty weapon? I haven't heard that one yet.
                    NYPD for one. Well, the 19 for sure, Gen 4 maybe for the FNGs.
                    Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

                    - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
                    (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      RollingCode3
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3221

                      Originally posted by rromeo
                      NYPD for one. Well, the 19 for sure, Gen 4 maybe for the FNGs.
                      Of course I know there are many different agencies issued Glock 19 to their officers (even the FBI too). I am talking about Glock Gen 4 NOT Glock Gen 3. Even the LAPD wouldn't touch the Gen 4 version with a ten-foot pole.
                      Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        onequickshift
                        Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 466

                        Originally posted by bigsexyken
                        So to be fair I am not much of a Glock fan, not a hater, but I feel that they really have failed to stay current, and have been eclipsed by the XD... ease of take down, ergonomics, and additional safeties coupled with reliability, Glock needs to improve their product. <-- My personal thoughts.

                        What I observed at the range:
                        One of my fellow recruits, who is LE already has the new Gen 4 glock sub compact in 9mm... I watched the extractor break and fall out after 4 rounds.
                        I laughed.
                        But then my S&W 4506 ejector broke after shooting + p ammo
                        I didnt know there was a SC Glock gen4.... hmmm go figure...

                        First off let me start by I just bought a SA XD45 about an hour ago, waiting 10 days for it. Right before that I shot a a Glock21, 23, 19. I own a Glock 26. I also shot a KAHR 9 and 45. Shot a SA XD 9 40 and 45, in sc and compact and one in full size. For each caliber. For each model. Owner only charged me $100 bucks as well a SA 1911 in 45acp. As well a few sigs.

                        Let me start off by saying if you think a XD is super easy to strip down compared to a glock in regards to taking the slide off, you must be inept, cause each of the glocks I took their slides off to see their insides. Ergonomically? Glocks are blocker, and great for big hands, a little harder for those with small hands, I am a small framed light weight I am also naturally weaker than most of you guys cause I am a girl. The Kahr's like springfields 1911's holds nicely in ones hands. Its skinny and nice. The SA pistols feel good like sigs. The web of my hands fit nicely and my fingers guide and fold around the handle perfectly. This is what led me to my purchase.

                        Again I AM A SMALL WOMAN, S M A L L. And its hard for me to handle some stuff, the 1911 was heavy for me. But I still liked it, weight helped balance coil. The larger xd45 in 4 inch and full handled compared to the subcompacts, is that its more grip, either ones I liked SA's offerings, ALOT! The 40 cal versions is what I did N O T like , my wrist still hurt and I had to ride my GSXR home in the rain soaked freeway, but at least it was sunny! Hahahaha.

                        The glocks I used like the 21 and 23 were HUGE for me, two range guys and the guy letting me shoot his guns (bf's friend) laughed, they were a little concerned for my ability to hold on.

                        I wish I had a camera, I would've done a review and write up.

                        I've shot hundreds of rounds through my g26, nothings happened so far. just normal upkeep and cleaning is all I do. No offense, but you sound FOS. Cause I don't consider myself a gun person, but I know quality when I see it. I have alot of over kill over built cars, bikes, and trucks. I don't like buying unproven and crappy sh*t. pardon my french. But, its like comparing a cobra mustang to an ss camaro of older yor, similar layouts v8 rwd, blah blah blah. Both will have dedicated owner camps and fanboys. But at the end of the day, each has faults and pros. Take a 01 ss camaro, or a 01 cobra, I hate clutch feel on a cobra, I am not tall lol. Camaro before discontinued? I hated how ugly its body looked, and how the motor sat under glass line. However for a larger caliber SA won out over Glock. But its the same thing. Different animals, similarities. When it comes to built cars, its same for me. The way my new '10 camaro is set up I can drift it around corners and such I can do that with my '10 mustang GT I just got this morning. But its the principal, you are perpetually saying you aren't biased yet you are. I am saying I AM NOT biased, but anyone can say other wise if they want. But I like both kinds of cars, I like both gun manufacturers. Even if the XD is made in croatia or where ever. Its still high quality.

                        I put boat loads of ammo through all the guns. Nothing broke on the XDs nothing broke on the glocks. The only bad thing that happened was a glock magazine fell off counter top and plate came off, few seconds later, it was put back on, no big deal.

                        On a side note, I wont say where I bought my XD45, but I got it for $558.98 out the door with dros and tax included, I got a box of 45acp in 250 round count for $80 forgot the brand but it was heavy in my backpack, shop owner said a guy last year bought an XD45 never picked up two spare mags he bought, so he gave them to me. I bought a third one, so now theres two that come with the pistol, I got 2 more free, and I bought 1 more. He gave me a second holster/mag pouch for the magazines I bought. He threw in some remoil and stuff. Free. Shop owner said he gets so many commandos geeking out its nice to have a girl come in, I gave him a look, and I said I am not a kid even though Im little and laughed, typical asian school girl squinty eye with biting tongue moment.

                        I am impressed with the XD's special features. Its attention to comfort/hand ergo. It seems that all their XD's were aimed at people who have big or small hands. I tried on the holsters and put my fire arm in to test draws and such, and I LOVE the XD. I don't hate either brand, I don't prefer either brand, they are good. I am still ganna get a Glock 23 next month, than after that a Sig 220. Than a mossberg auto loader sg, and same month a AR pistol. Than a SW .357 revolver. And so on.

                        If what you say really happened, ouch, luck of the draw I guess, other wise, sounds like BS. Sorry. You can explode and flame me if you want (as if I give a crap) But I just don't see, or hear failures from glocks of glocks like youre talking about. And some of the people I talk too, use them for more than rec use. And their guns get punished to hell.

                        So I find it hard to believe or likely that such an occurrence could happen. A gen4 subcom glock? really? Hmmm... how strange.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          RollingCode3
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3221

                          Originally posted by onequickshift
                          I didnt know there was a SC Glock gen4.... hmmm go figure...

                          First off let me start by I just bought a SA XD45 about an hour ago, waiting 10 days for it. Right before that I shot a a Glock21, 23, 19. I own a Glock 26. I also shot a KAHR 9 and 45. Shot a SA XD 9 40 and 45, in sc and compact and one in full size. For each caliber. For each model. Owner only charged me $100 bucks as well a SA 1911 in 45acp. As well a few sigs.

                          Let me start off by saying if you think a XD is super easy to strip down compared to a glock in regards to taking the slide off, you must be inept, cause each of the glocks I took their slides off to see their insides. Ergonomically? Glocks are blocker, and great for big hands, a little harder for those with small hands, I am a small framed light weight I am also naturally weaker than most of you guys cause I am a girl. The Kahr's like springfields 1911's holds nicely in ones hands. Its skinny and nice. The SA pistols feel good like sigs. The web of my hands fit nicely and my fingers guide and fold around the handle perfectly. This is what led me to my purchase.

                          Again I AM A SMALL WOMAN, S M A L L. And its hard for me to handle some stuff, the 1911 was heavy for me. But I still liked it, weight helped balance coil. The larger xd45 in 4 inch and full handled compared to the subcompacts, is that its more grip, either ones I liked SA's offerings, ALOT! The 40 cal versions is what I did N O T like , my wrist still hurt and I had to ride my GSXR home in the rain soaked freeway, but at least it was sunny! Hahahaha.

                          The glocks I used like the 21 and 23 were HUGE for me, two range guys and the guy letting me shoot his guns (bf's friend) laughed, they were a little concerned for my ability to hold on.

                          I wish I had a camera, I would've done a review and write up.

                          I've shot hundreds of rounds through my g26, nothings happened so far. just normal upkeep and cleaning is all I do. No offense, but you sound FOS. Cause I don't consider myself a gun person, but I know quality when I see it. I have alot of over kill over built cars, bikes, and trucks. I don't like buying unproven and crappy sh*t. pardon my french. But, its like comparing a cobra mustang to an ss camaro of older yor, similar layouts v8 rwd, blah blah blah. Both will have dedicated owner camps and fanboys. But at the end of the day, each has faults and pros. Take a 01 ss camaro, or a 01 cobra, I hate clutch feel on a cobra, I am not tall lol. Camaro before discontinued? I hated how ugly its body looked, and how the motor sat under glass line. However for a larger caliber SA won out over Glock. But its the same thing. Different animals, similarities. When it comes to built cars, its same for me. The way my new '10 camaro is set up I can drift it around corners and such I can do that with my '10 mustang GT I just got this morning. But its the principal, you are perpetually saying you aren't biased yet you are. I am saying I AM NOT biased, but anyone can say other wise if they want. But I like both kinds of cars, I like both gun manufacturers. Even if the XD is made in croatia or where ever. Its still high quality.

                          I put boat loads of ammo through all the guns. Nothing broke on the XDs nothing broke on the glocks. The only bad thing that happened was a glock magazine fell off counter top and plate came off, few seconds later, it was put back on, no big deal.

                          On a side note, I wont say where I bought my XD45, but I got it for $558.98 out the door with dros and tax included, I got a box of 45acp in 250 round count for $80 forgot the brand but it was heavy in my backpack, shop owner said a guy last year bought an XD45 never picked up two spare mags he bought, so he gave them to me. I bought a third one, so now theres two that come with the pistol, I got 2 more free, and I bought 1 more. He gave me a second holster/mag pouch for the magazines I bought. He threw in some remoil and stuff. Free. Shop owner said he gets so many commandos geeking out its nice to have a girl come in, I gave him a look, and I said I am not a kid even though Im little and laughed, typical asian school girl squinty eye with biting tongue moment.

                          I am impressed with the XD's special features. Its attention to comfort/hand ergo. It seems that all their XD's were aimed at people who have big or small hands. I tried on the holsters and put my fire arm in to test draws and such, and I LOVE the XD. I don't hate either brand, I don't prefer either brand, they are good. I am still ganna get a Glock 23 next month, than after that a Sig 220. Than a mossberg auto loader sg, and same month a AR pistol. Than a SW .357 revolver. And so on.

                          If what you say really happened, ouch, luck of the draw I guess, other wise, sounds like BS. Sorry. You can explode and flame me if you want (as if I give a crap) But I just don't see, or hear failures from glocks of glocks like youre talking about. And some of the people I talk too, use them for more than rec use. And their guns get punished to hell.

                          So I find it hard to believe or likely that such an occurrence could happen. A gen4 subcom glock? really? Hmmm... how strange.
                          +1.... great post. I own both but I like the Glock more than the XD

                          Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Steve G
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 1931

                            Glock>XD anyday. No contest

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              ianS
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 1108

                              Originally posted by bigsexyken
                              So to be fair I am not much of a Glock fan, not a hater, but I feel that they really have failed to stay current, and have been eclipsed by the XD... ease of take down, ergonomics, and additional safeties coupled with reliability, Glock needs to improve their product. <-- My personal thoughts.

                              What I observed at the range:
                              One of my fellow recruits, who is LE already has the new Gen 4 glock sub compact in 9mm... I watched the extractor break and fall out after 4 rounds.
                              I laughed.
                              But then my S&W 4506 ejector broke after shooting + p ammo
                              In order to be truly "fair" one should try to temper our opinions with the experiences of others. Every handgun can and do break or fail. Some more than others. But if we were to pass judgment on a line of handguns based on a sample of one or a few and discount the experience of millions of others (I'm talking about the legion of Glock shooters out there) you'll forever come off as biased. Whether you actually like Glocks or not I couldn't care less. Everyone's got their reasons for liking or hating something whether based on some objective standard or just feelings.

                              As far as "features" we can quibble all day about "features" that gun companies seem to come out with every other week and make people feel like they gotta have or they'll somehow fail. What may be extremely important to one person is unnecessary or an unwelcome change to another. Every time gun companies "update" their design you have just as many people complaining as there are who are glad they got the newest and shiniest. Bottome line the person who's shooting a Gen4 G17 doesn't have an "edge" over a person shooting a Gen1 Glock 17. The one with the edge will be the one with better trigger control. But we'll forever defend our choices to the death....until we decide to sell it and get something else that gets our attention. We gunowners are a fickle bunch.
                              Last edited by ianS; 10-06-2010, 5:22 PM.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                rromeo
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 6981

                                Originally posted by RollingCode3
                                Of course I know there are many different agencies issued Glock 19 to their officers (even the FBI too). I am talking about Glock Gen 4 NOT Glock Gen 3. Even the LAPD wouldn't touch the Gen 4 version with a ten-foot pole.
                                Emily Latella voice "never mind."
                                Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

                                - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
                                (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1