Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why Not Get a Sig P220?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    bsg
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2009
    • 25954

    or any of the calibers it has been made in....

    -Brady

    Comment

    • #47
      thawein1856
      Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 160

      So went to the range and you were all right... why not get one. =) loved it. I shot it great at 7 and 10 yards but need more practice at 15 and beyond. Good weight to it. Wish it was a bit heavier but I will be adding one to the safe very soon. Looks like it's about 4-6 weeks for the equinox so now I just have to wait... BOOOOOOO! Thanks everyone for the feedback.
      WEIN

      Comment

      • #48
        tacticalniko
        Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 225

        My first Sig was a 229R .40 cal. And by far my favorite! I was never really into .45 cal as I have small hands. But then... On a whim I rented a 220R just to try it out. OMG! Now I own a 220, 220R and 220 Combat and have no plans on stopping there. I definitely got the SIGNESS!!! I shoot all the 220's better than any of my other guns and haven't had a single malfunction with them. An awesome gun.
        Niko - I'm just a girl that likes guns!

        Comment

        • #49
          Nihonto Chicken
          Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 455

          No Cigar

          After reading so much good press on the 220, I dropped by a local shop to check one out. The DA pull was long and grungy, but no problem, I was willing to ignore that, but was really interested in the SA pull. It was creepier than Nancy Pelosi in fishnets. Sorry, no cigar. All I can say is that it wasn't quite as bad as the SA pull on the CZ 97B I tried, which visibly cammed the hammer back. Sticking with 1911s for now.
          Last edited by Nihonto Chicken; 05-09-2010, 2:58 PM.
          "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~ C. S. Lewis

          Comment

          • #50
            RobG
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2006
            • 4887

            You can't judge the trigger by squeezing a NIB gun. It gets smoother with use or Gray Guns can work wonders.

            Comment

            • #51
              bsg
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 25954

              RobG is correcto mundo....

              -Brady

              Comment

              • #52
                kimo308
                Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 150

                Look for a P220ST all stainless. It's even better than a regular P220. You get the heft plus less recoil.

                Comment

                • #53
                  BHPFan
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 2264

                  Originally posted by kimo308
                  Look for a P220ST all stainless. It's even better than a regular P220. You get the heft plus less recoil.
                  Very true. It is even much tougher and Heavier Duty than the regular P220 plus it is one of the softest shooting .45 ACP pistols.


                  To the OP, the reason why not get a SIG P220: You will get SIG-ITIS (you will want another SIG P220 and/or another SIG), which can be very expensive to treat.
                  Last edited by BHPFan; 05-09-2010, 6:13 AM. Reason: Note to the OP
                  They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  ~ Benjamin Franklin

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    tonelar
                    Dinosaur
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 6081

                    I love my 1911s. I've had some of them for over 25 years.

                    They put lead downrange with old school reliability and accuracy.

                    In the late 80's I bought a W German mfg'd Sig SAUER P 220.

                    It shot so well that if I were 100% logically minded,
                    I'd have sold my 1911s decades ago.
                    Last edited by tonelar; 05-09-2010, 6:57 AM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      bsg
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 25954

                      the SigNess goes on....

                      -Brady

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        ALOC
                        Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 300

                        I see a 220 in my future!

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          themailman
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 2029

                          Anybody wanna trade a black slide for my stainless slide?....

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            bryan28
                            Member
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 114

                            I have a standard P220R and a .22lr top slide made my Sig. It has made my accuracy jump leaps and bounds! Trigger on DA and SA are decent enough for me. Great gun, very reliable and accurate. I only wish the trigger reset was shorter.

                            I am planning on getting Hogue grips because the factory grips aren't that good. Do you guys who have Hogue use the finger-groove grips or the non-grooved? And why? I think i would prefer the grooved grips but i have small-medium hands.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              jumpthestack
                              Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • 360

                              I have a 220 Equinox. I'm happy with it, it runs great now, although I had to send it back to SIG because of extraction issues. One thing I've read a lot of people recommend is to put a few layers of clear nail polish on top of the front TFO sight to keep it in place. This is just about TFO sights in general, they sometimes pop out.

                              The more I think about it, the more I'm not a fan of DA/SA triggers though, just because of the difficulty in mastering both trigger pulls and the transition between them. I've moved on to having a Dan Wesson 1911 as my favorite handgun.

                              If you want something different, check out the HK45, (not on the California roster, but we can dream).
                              ---
                              http://jumpthestack.blogspot.com/

                              List of San Francisco Bay Area shooting classes

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                liketoshoot
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2008
                                • 3810

                                I am a sigaholic, I HAD a P220 SS (older made in Germany) excellent gun, shot good but did not feel as comfortable as my 1911’s.
                                I have nothing bad to say about them, but it just did not fit ME right.
                                Enjoy yours they are nice.
                                sigpic
                                Thieves are the lowest form of life out there, except for liberal politicians, of course, but that's redundant.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1