Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mark 23 in Cali

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Jason_R
    Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 379

    Yes, but the $2750 gun has been altered.

    I could just keep it...it's not like the value's going down.

    Comment

    • #17
      luvtolean
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 2063

      Originally posted by Jason_R
      I could just keep it...it's not like the value's going down.
      That'd be my solution.

      BTW, the altering for a Californian is a good thing. It's a hassle they don't have to deal with to shoot it. New barrels are easily had from HK.
      Last edited by luvtolean; 02-15-2007, 10:16 AM.

      Comment

      • #18
        F-2_Challenger
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2005
        • 1102

        Let me understand this. I can buy a mk23 and take out the barrel and throw in some 10 round magazines and have it be legal here. So I can get any out of state gun dealer to sell me one as long as they take out the barrel and magazines.

        Comment

        • #19
          Aluisious
          Banned
          • Nov 2006
          • 1934

          Originally posted by Jason_R
          Well considering this is a brand new pistol, threads not removed (barrel removed from gun), last run Mark 23 I am absolutely firm on $3000. I can get you an extra barrel for you to remove th threads for about $300+ or -.

          They are actually selling for about $2200 outside of Cali, the last ones that made in state are all gone...which is where mine came from.

          I'd have to leave the 12 rounders here...but I would ship them anywhere out of state as long as the buyer didn't have plans to bring them in state.
          You can be firm on whatever price you want, doesn't mean you'll get the $.

          Try, and if it doesn't work, sell for less or keep it.

          Comment

          • #20
            stevie
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 3856

            Originally posted by F-2_Challenger
            Let me understand this. I can buy a mk23 and take out the barrel and throw in some 10 round magazines and have it be legal here. So I can get any out of state gun dealer to sell me one as long as they take out the barrel and magazines.
            Nope, if a Ca. FFL receives a handgun from out of state. It must be on the approved handgun list.

            He plans on moving into state and selling these handguns.

            Comment

            • #21
              F-2_Challenger
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Dec 2005
              • 1102

              So if i find a guy in Ca that is wanting to sell his I can buy it with out the threaded barrel and high cap mags?

              Comment

              • #22
                stevie
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 3856

                I assume so.... No idea if the seller must fill out the "new resident handgun form" first.

                Comment

                • #23
                  bwiese
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 27621

                  Originally posted by F-2_Challenger
                  So if i find a guy in Ca that is wanting to sell his I can buy it with out the threaded barrel and high cap mags?
                  Yup.

                  It also sounds like Jason_R is trying to do this as a business, instead of "just happening to have guns to sell when he moves back to CA", which I'm not sure - even with PPT - has the right legal smell to it.

                  Bill Wiese
                  San Jose, CA

                  CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
                  sigpic
                  No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
                  to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
                  ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
                  employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
                  legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Jason_R
                    Member
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 379

                    Originally posted by bwiese
                    Yup.

                    It also sounds like Jason_R is trying to do this as a business, instead of "just happening to have guns to sell when he moves back to CA", which I'm not sure - even with PPT - has the right legal smell to it.
                    Like I said if this thread should be deleted, I'll delete it.

                    Just seeing if the interest is out there if I decide to sell it once in state. It's an expensive hand gun and I don't plan on shooting it, so I may need to sell it at later date to fund other projects/endeavors/school.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      luvtolean
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 2063

                      Originally posted by F-2_Challenger
                      So if i find a guy in Ca that is wanting to sell his I can buy it with out the threaded barrel and high cap mags?
                      I want to say you can buy it WITH the threaded barrel, as long as the barrel is not assembled in the gun, but I'm not sure how you'd demonstrate safe handling with it unless it came with an altered barrel too.

                      The standard caps you cannot buy.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        bwiese
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 27621

                        Originally posted by luvtolean
                        I want to say you can buy it WITH the threaded barrel, as long as the barrel is not assembled in the gun, but I'm not sure how you'd demonstrate safe handling with it unless it came with an altered barrel too.
                        Hmmm, interesting point.

                        I never thought of the demo requirement before in relation to this.

                        I'm not sure but doesn't the demo requirement only apply to new gun purchases and not PPT transfers?

                        Frames are transferrable via PPT, so those don't get the demo...



                        The standard caps you cannot buy.
                        Correct, if you mean standard caps = hicaps. Unfortunately I do use the banners' terminology because that phraseology is codified into the law ("high capacity ammunition feeding device") and I don't want to see confusion.

                        Bill Wiese
                        San Jose, CA

                        CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
                        sigpic
                        No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
                        to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
                        ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
                        employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
                        legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          luvtolean
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 2063

                          Yeah-standard caps equalling 12 rds.

                          I had to do safe handling for the last pistol I did a PPT with, but I don't know if it was an overly paranoid FFL or not.

                          Good point on the frames. Hell I dunno...I just know our laws suck.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            guimus
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 862

                            as Bill said above, this smells a bit to me (an ardent pro-gun guy) like too much of a CA firearms law workaround straw purchase. Posting a gun (that in its complete state isn't just not approved, but a CA AW) for sale before you move to CA, then bringing it in, reg'ing it, and selling it MAY be perfectly legal, but may also be a good way to get some immediate attention from the DOJ, who have made it explicit to us that they monitor us Gun Nuts on this forum.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              -hanko
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Jul 2002
                              • 14174

                              Originally posted by guimus
                              as Bill said above, this smells a bit to me (an ardent pro-gun guy) like too much of a CA firearms law workaround straw purchase. Posting a gun (that in its complete state isn't just not approved, but a CA AW) for sale before you move to CA, then bringing it in, reg'ing it, and selling it MAY be perfectly legal, but may also be a good way to get some immediate attention from the DOJ, who have made it explicit to us that they monitor us Gun Nuts on this forum.
                              $1699 in desert tan, tan zip case, four 10-rounders...latest CDNN catalog, page 9. You'd need the barrel neutered before the gun came into the state.
                              I do realize you'd need to order through an ffl in CA, as CDNN will not ship semi pistols into the state. I'm thinking for your asking price it may sit for a while , though you might stumble on a mall ninja with more money than sense.

                              Consider the interest that your cc company is accruing (sp?).

                              Good luck

                              -hanko
                              True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                              Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                              Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                              A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Jason_R
                                Member
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 379

                                Originally posted by -hanko
                                $1699 in desert tan, tan zip case, four 10-rounders...latest CDNN catalog, page 9. You'd need the barrel neutered before the gun came into the state.
                                I do realize you'd need to order through an ffl in CA, as CDNN will not ship semi pistols into the state. I'm thinking for your asking price it may sit for a while , though you might stumble on a mall ninja with more money than sense.

                                Consider the interest that your cc company is accruing (sp?).

                                Good luck

                                -hanko
                                But here's the thing. A resident in California CANNOT buy a Mark 23 with or without the threaded barrel. It's not on the list.

                                Tan Mark 23s are retarded and noone wants one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1