Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kahr PM9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    LG1980
    Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 131

    Next, the Colt Mustang! It's not as contemporary looking as the Kahr, but still really sweet. And a very good ccw weapon as well!

    Comment

    • #47
      LG1980
      Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 131

      kahr vs. colt mustang

      Yeah, I just posted a pic of the colt mustang - and the trigger pull is shorter and it's also very concealable. I need a holster for that too.

      I agree about the 9mm vs. .40 btw. For me, the snap and recoil of a .40 is more than I'm comfortable with for a small ccw. On bigger guns, no problem. But I think 9mm makes more sense, and yes, placement is key!

      Originally posted by jmf_tracy
      i have a pm9. i have a love/hate relationship with it. i love that it is small and concealable, but i hate the DAO long *** trigger pull. i got the pocket holster from kahr's website and it fits nicely in my front jeans pocket and prints like a wallet. also to comment on the earlier discussion regarding 9mm vs. .40 S&W - shot placement is more important than which caliber. i like 9mm because it is cheap and plentiful and therefore i can shoot more. not to mention that it recoils less and makes follow up shoots quicker and more accurate, at least for me. YMMV.

      Comment

      • #48
        mike100
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • 2507

        Originally posted by CZlover
        How is the CW9 compared to P9? Has anyone tried this out yet?
        I haven't actually shot the P9/PM9 yet...the smaller ones have a shorter barrel and are just the ultimate for functionally micro handguns. There are a lot of nicer things on the P series the CW series don't get.

        CW doesn't have-
        dovetailed front sight
        polygonal rifling
        the extra machining and contour on the slide
        the laser engraved lettering (they just get a basic stamped model mark)
        plastic only frame
        only come with one mag (this sucks as you will spend $39 to get another).

        My reasoning was that my CW9 works well functionally and needs no mods or new sights or anything. It is small enough for ME to conceal, has the extra round capacity over the ultra compact models and fits my hand a little better with the longer grip. Didn't cost much and I can treat it like the tool that it is, not a $950 safe queen or whatever. For ME, I have a personal agreement to not collect guns, but to rather get ones I can use and to maybe sell one before I buy another. The CW9 made the most sense economically for ME, but otherwise, 90 percent of the time I'd get the top of the line model.

        Comment

        • #49
          U2BassAce
          Senior Member
          • May 2007
          • 1677

          I LOVE my PM9!

          Comment

          • #50
            jmf_tracy
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2007
            • 1242

            the colt mustang is cute, but it is .380 auto which is kinda weak. i stick with 9mm myself. have you considered the XD9 subcompact or CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm subcompact. i have both of these and they are nice guns, but nowhere near as concealable as the PM9, but they shoot alot better/easier. the XD9SC is one of my favorites and i am selling the CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm cause i need the money and have plenty of handguns already, not that it is not a nice handgun.
            https://jeffreyprather.com/
            https://x22report.com
            https://www.outofshadows.org/
            RIP https://robertdavidsteele.com/ RIP

            Comment

            • #51
              k1dude
              I need a LIFE!!
              • May 2009
              • 15937

              Originally posted by LG1980
              Next, the Colt Mustang! It's not as contemporary looking as the Kahr, but still really sweet. And a very good ccw weapon as well!

              If you like the PM9 so much, why don't you consider the Kahr P380 instead of the Mustang?
              "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1