Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kahr PM9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    coq
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 736

    The PM9 is great. Performance and size if this handgun is tough to beat. I've gone 90% pocket carry since getting mine in April. Not one failure after about 500 rounds. Oh, and for the grip/mag extension, smaller grips conceal WAY better, especially in pocket, so forget the pinky...what a stupid finger anyway. Just curl it up under the magazine and you'll be used to the position in 10 minutes.

    Comment

    • #32
      JBird33
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 559

      Love my PM9. Carry it daily in either the Desantis pocket holster or a Minotaur IWB holster. Mine had 1 FTF in the 200 round break-in period, but has been flawless ever since.

      Comment

      • #33
        LG1980
        Member
        • Sep 2008
        • 131

        Nice, thanks for the suggestions. Now I'll need to check out all the holsters that have been suggested here.
        Originally posted by JBird33
        Love my PM9. Carry it daily in either the Desantis pocket holster or a Minotaur IWB holster. Mine had 1 FTF in the 200 round break-in period, but has been flawless ever since.

        Comment

        • #34
          LG1980
          Member
          • Sep 2008
          • 131

          You must not be Italian then. If you were, you wouldn't say that about te precious pinky. They need it for all those cool gold rings!

          Originally posted by coq
          The PM9 is great. Performance and size if this handgun is tough to beat. I've gone 90% pocket carry since getting mine in April. Not one failure after about 500 rounds. Oh, and for the grip/mag extension, smaller grips conceal WAY better, especially in pocket, so forget the pinky...what a stupid finger anyway. Just curl it up under the magazine and you'll be used to the position in 10 minutes.

          Comment

          • #35
            Trapper John
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Jul 2008
            • 94

            Holsters for Kahr CW9

            Hi,

            I've been carrying a CW9 for a few years now. For pocket carry I use an Uncle Mikes Sidekick (size 4 I think). A Kramer IWB is good but I've recently switched to a Crossbreed Supertuck. I really like the Crossbreed and prefer the Supertuck to the Quickclip even for the small Kahr. I have a Quickclip for my J-frame and it tends to twist a little bit. This is most likely a belt issue but with the same belt the Supertuck is best.

            Hope this helps.

            John

            Comment

            • #36
              coq
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 736

              Originally posted by LG1980
              You must not be Italian then. If you were, you wouldn't say that about te precious pinky. They need it for all those cool gold rings!
              Or french, either, since it always has to stick out when drinking espresso from those toy cups. Nope...I'm American, dammit. The only finger I really need is the middle one.

              Comment

              • #37
                2new
                Banned
                • Dec 2008
                • 431

                Here are a few photos of a PM45 from a calgunner.

                Beautiful!

                Comment

                • #38
                  LG1980
                  Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 131

                  Yea, it really is. 20 oz .45 - that's pretty sweet.
                  Would be hard pressed to find one here though.



                  Originally posted by 2new

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    LG1980
                    Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 131

                    Thank you for the suggestion! DO you think these all need to be ordered online? I wonder where I might be able to try them out before buying.
                    What about when one doesn't wear too many belts?


                    Originally posted by Trapper John
                    Hi,

                    I've been carrying a CW9 for a few years now. For pocket carry I use an Uncle Mikes Sidekick (size 4 I think). A Kramer IWB is good but I've recently switched to a Crossbreed Supertuck. I really like the Crossbreed and prefer the Supertuck to the Quickclip even for the small Kahr. I have a Quickclip for my J-frame and it tends to twist a little bit. This is most likely a belt issue but with the same belt the Supertuck is best.

                    Hope this helps.

                    John

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      LG1980
                      Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 131

                      With my PM9 - and on purpose too!

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Trapper John
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 94

                        Hi,

                        I'm sure you can find the Uncle Mikes pocket holster in local stores. DeSantis also makes a good pocket holster. Make sure it fits correctly and covers the trigger. The Kramer and Crossbreed I bought online.

                        Good point about how often one wears a belt. After dinner I'll check my back issues of Concealed Carry magazine, not too long ago they had a article for ladies apparal without belts and recommended holsters for that situation.

                        Be back later with the info.

                        John

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Trapper John
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 94

                          Hi again,

                          Well after being delayed watching "Paul Blart, Mall Cop" I went through my magazines and didn't find the issue I thought I had. But I do have the July issue with a big article called "Women's Study Group Holster Review". If you would like it just send me an IM with an address and I'll get it to you.

                          Another excellent source is Cornered Cat, http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx

                          I hope all this helps but to be sure you will have several holsters before you're through picking and choosing.

                          John

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            CZlover
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 783

                            Kahr P9

                            Originally posted by mike100
                            I really like the CW9 I found for $400 and was going to get the smaller nicer kahr in 9mm, but then I sat back and thought about it...the CW9 is just fine, is small enough to conceal well and the pinky extension isn't needed since the grip is already a bit longer on the second from the smallest models.

                            I'm batting 100 on factory jacketed ammo, but beware of non-jacketed reloads..they don't much like those. Actually, I've found it to run on any jacket bullets (even my reloads- just not lead projectiles).
                            How is the CW9 compared to P9? Has anyone tried this out yet?

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              jmf_tracy
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 1242

                              i have a pm9. i have a love/hate relationship with it. i love that it is small and concealable, but i hate the DAO long *** trigger pull. i got the pocket holster from kahr's website and it fits nicely in my front jeans pocket and prints like a wallet. also to comment on the earlier discussion regarding 9mm vs. .40 S&W - shot placement is more important than which caliber. i like 9mm because it is cheap and plentiful and therefore i can shoot more. not to mention that it recoils less and makes follow up shoots quicker and more accurate, at least for me. YMMV.
                              https://jeffreyprather.com/
                              https://x22report.com
                              https://www.outofshadows.org/
                              RIP https://robertdavidsteele.com/ RIP

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                bigbob76
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 3954

                                After following this thread I had to get my PM9 out and take it to the range today. I like it so much I don't know why I keep it put away. After shooting it today I'm trying to think up a reason to buy another PM9. I definitely want a P380 as soon as possible.
                                If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1