Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kahr PM9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    2new
    Banned
    • Dec 2008
    • 431

    Good job having the awareness to figure out what you were doing wrong. The PM9 was the first gun I shot. Now if I could find a PM45 life would be good!

    Comment

    • #17
      LG1980
      Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 131

      I've never heard of a pm45 - have a photo?


      Originally posted by 2new
      Good job having the awareness to figure out what you were doing wrong. The PM9 was the first gun I shot. Now if I could find a PM45 life would be good!

      Comment

      • #18
        quickcf
        Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 265

        PM9 and get on with your life.

        Comment

        • #19
          okimreloaded
          Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 310

          There isn't a pm45 - but thats' what the poster was saying. he wants them to make one.

          Comment

          • #20
            okimreloaded
            Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 310

            I stand corrected - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LFpNLwNcK4

            Comment

            • #21
              jyo
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2008
              • 5320

              Just so you know, Kahr has had a problem with the magazine release on their "full size" pistols---I know because we (myself, my wife and brother) purchased 3 Kahr CW-9 9mm pistols brand new and all 3 had problems with the magazine dropping out (1/2" or more) while firing and thus not feeding the next round into the chamber. This was solved by calling Kahr and them sending 3 new mag releases and springs which were installed by my gunsmith. You shouldn't have to hold a gun a "certain way" to get it to operate because in times of great stress (like someone trying to rob or kill you) you don't want the mag to drop out. I would make a call to Kahr---once this issue was solved, all 3 guns run just fine and I feel I can depend on them. Good luck!

              Comment

              • #22
                TacFan
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 3021

                i have a PM9. I love it. SHot 100 rounds through it to break it in. Not a single malfunction. I'm a happy camper
                For Sale
                🔫 Pistols

                ☠ Rifles

                Comment

                • #23
                  LG1980
                  Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 131

                  Hmmmm I never thought about that. So what you're saying is, maybe it's not my fault. I will contact them and find out. Maybe the mag release button is "loose" or whatever. And they can fix it. For a price, I'm sure.


                  Originally posted by jyo
                  Just so you know, Kahr has had a problem with the magazine release on their "full size" pistols---I know because we (myself, my wife and brother) purchased 3 Kahr CW-9 9mm pistols brand new and all 3 had problems with the magazine dropping out (1/2" or more) while firing and thus not feeding the next round into the chamber. This was solved by calling Kahr and them sending 3 new mag releases and springs which were installed by my gunsmith. You shouldn't have to hold a gun a "certain way" to get it to operate because in times of great stress (like someone trying to rob or kill you) you don't want the mag to drop out. I would make a call to Kahr---once this issue was solved, all 3 guns run just fine and I feel I can depend on them. Good luck!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Spyder
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 17280

                    See if you can video yourself shooting, slow it way down and watch. That may help show whether its you or not?

                    ...I tend to think that it is just a grip related problem. I've had that issue with a Sig P220 back when I first started shooting. I hated the gun, found out it was me, fixed my problem and loved it. Never had the problem since.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      LG1980
                      Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 131

                      You've seen how small those lanes are at the range! Where is there room to stick a video camera? Might have to do this at an outdoor range.

                      Originally posted by Spyder
                      See if you can video yourself shooting, slow it way down and watch. That may help show whether its you or not?

                      ...I tend to think that it is just a grip related problem. I've had that issue with a Sig P220 back when I first started shooting. I hated the gun, found out it was me, fixed my problem and loved it. Never had the problem since.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        redcliff
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 5676

                        Originally posted by LG1980
                        nice - may I ask what kind of holster it is? The brand that is? Have you practiced drawing it, and is the motion smooth?
                        I purchased the holster off Kahr's e-store, but they no longer list my model of holster. Mines works very well, keeps the pistol oriented properly and is easy to draw, but I usually wear cargo shorts/pants when ccw'ing using pocket carry...ymmv.

                        A buddy got a Desantis SuperFly for his, but I havent had a chance to evaluate it myself yet.
                        "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                        "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
                        "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

                        "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
                        although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          jyo
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 5320

                          More on magazine release problem---the guy I talked to at Kahr admitted that they had mag release problems with quite a few pistols (how they could test fire them and then ship them, I don't understand)---the new springs feel noticeably stiffer and this cured the problem.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Spyder
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 17280

                            Ask someone in a lane to your left to video you for a minute. Tell them you're having a grip issue and want to be able to study what you're doing. Most should be willing to do it. Or just go shooting with someone you know!
                            Hell, if you were a little closer I'd do it for ya!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              mike100
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 2507

                              I really like the CW9 I found for $400 and was going to get the smaller nicer kahr in 9mm, but then I sat back and thought about it...the CW9 is just fine, is small enough to conceal well and the pinky extension isn't needed since the grip is already a bit longer on the second from the smallest models.

                              I'm batting 100 on factory jacketed ammo, but beware of non-jacketed reloads..they don't much like those. Actually, I've found it to run on any jacket bullets (even my reloads- just not lead projectiles).

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Spyder
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 17280

                                yea, I thought about getting the mk40 instead of the K40 but I didn't like the super tiny one. Big hands, and I've got a tall body to hide it on. I do think the stainless frame is a bit heavy for daily carry, but it's not so much that I leave it at home often. Plus, I found an Elite '03 with all the fancy factory smoothed and bevelled edges for a really good price, so I jumped on it.

                                Never had any sort of failure with it yet but I've only fired about a thousand rounds through it. I carry hydrashocks and Golden Sabers, but have never fired non-jacketed rounds out of it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1