Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New Timney Glock trigger

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr. Blue
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2019
    • 2522

    https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

    Comment

    • MuayThaiJJ
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2020
      • 1333

      Those of you having reset issues, game changer for me was replacing the Timney red return spring with an even stronger torsion spring . The reset is wonderfully positive now, no need to tinker with the connector so often. I had to buy a bunch to offset the shipping, that's the only bad part lol

      My pull was around 2-2.25#, now it's 2.5# which I prefer. Using the Zev Pro connector

      If anyone wants a extra power spring and not pay crazy shipping. PM me, I have a few left.
      YouTube Channel: Nick Shoots Stuff
      Diablo Rod and Gun Club
      03-FFL and COE Holder
      CMAT GMAU

      Comment

      • awiner
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 1193

        Originally posted by MuayThaiJJ
        Those of you having reset issues, game changer for me was replacing the Timney red return spring with an even stronger torsion spring . The reset is wonderfully positive now, no need to tinker with the connector so often. I had to buy a bunch to offset the shipping, that's the only bad part lol

        My pull was around 2-2.25#, now it's 2.5# which I prefer. Using the Zev Pro connector

        If anyone wants a extra power spring and not pay crazy shipping. PM me, I have a few left.

        What spring thickness did you go with ?

        Comment

        • MuayThaiJJ
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2020
          • 1333

          Originally posted by awiner
          What spring thickness did you go with ?
          0.040"
          Last edited by MuayThaiJJ; 02-08-2023, 1:48 PM.
          YouTube Channel: Nick Shoots Stuff
          Diablo Rod and Gun Club
          03-FFL and COE Holder
          CMAT GMAU

          Comment

          • jimmykan
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 3103

            Originally posted by MuayThaiJJ
            0.40"
            Almost half an inch thick wire?

            Comment

            • MuayThaiJJ
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2020
              • 1333

              Originally posted by jimmykan
              Almost half an inch thick wire?
              LOL oops, fixed. That's what I get for replying on my phone
              The red spring was 0.032" for me, so the 0.040" wire really helps
              YouTube Channel: Nick Shoots Stuff
              Diablo Rod and Gun Club
              03-FFL and COE Holder
              CMAT GMAU

              Comment

              • rodralig
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2016
                • 4262

                Originally posted by MuayThaiJJ
                0.040"
                Sending you a PM. Thanks!


                _

                WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

                Comment

                • SkyHawk
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 23531

                  A few months (or six) ago I made some returns springs from .035 and .040 and I am using the .035 for now. I made a post here


                  I do like a stronger return than the red spring from Timney
                  Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                  Comment

                  • sfvshooter
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2016
                    • 1200

                    Originally posted by SkyHawk
                    A few months (or six) ago I made some returns springs from .035 and .040 and I am using the .035 for now. I made a post here


                    I do like a stronger return than the red spring from Timney
                    I have one in a gen3 19 and one in a Glock 45. G45 reset feels crisp, like the Zev trigger in my gen3 34, but the reset in the 19 is a little mushy. Saw the post above and ordered some 0.039" music wire from Amazon. Fingers crossed.
                    Too many rifles, not enough time...

                    Comment

                    • MuayThaiJJ
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2020
                      • 1333

                      Hey guys, I go over how to modify torsion springs to help with reset for Timney Alpha, and I compare it to the new Glock Performance trigger in this video:
                      YouTube Channel: Nick Shoots Stuff
                      Diablo Rod and Gun Club
                      03-FFL and COE Holder
                      CMAT GMAU

                      Comment

                      • rodralig
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Apr 2016
                        • 4262

                        So, thanks to the prodding of friends and regular squadmates, I finally switched to the Timney for competition... Yeah, even I had a Timney for the Gen 5, I still run a stock OEM setup for my match G17 Gen 3 (stock spring weights, OEM RSA, etc.). I love the wall and the positive reset, and yeah, with thousands of presses - it does "smoothen" up that the felt pull weight is much less.

                        Anyways, installed my for Gen 3 Timney to a spare G17 frame. However, in contrast to my Gen 5 setup - the reset with the RED spring is positive! Break is clear/crisp! Wow! I took it to the local SWPL match. Aside from the slight hesitation in the first stage, a classifier, where I went "Oh! This is how this trigger feels..." as well the second stage where I pulled my shot (not yet used to the crisp pull) - it was a "I LIKE THIS!!!"

                        Somewhere along the match I thought that the trigger would fail me that I did bring my primary frame. But no! All reliable throughout the entire match.




                        Loved it so much, that I ordered another Timney for a Gen 3 to serve as a backup/primary.


                        Unfortunately, in spite of the same housing (336), same connector (OEM 4.5 or minus), similar set of springs, etc. I cannot replicate the same feel. In particular the position of the "wall" and "break."

                        In the "good" Timney I have - the wall is just before the trigger goes vertical. And the trigger breaks at vertical. Very clean, very nice. Minimal trigger movement. But for the next Timney (Gen 3) I got, the wall is at vertical, and the break is a bit past that.

                        While I have learned from checking YT (Timney Channel)that I can "clean up" the feel of the reset, etc. by "tuning" the angle of the connector, I still have not found a way to adjust the wall/break.

                        Suggestions/recommendations anyone?

                        Thanks in advanced!!!


                        _

                        WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

                        Comment

                        • static2126
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 5619

                          Timney and the Glock OEM performance trigger both have issues at high round counts. Have had both fail.to reset after 1 to 2k rounds. Had to be cleaned then worked

                          Comment

                          • aar0n_k
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2020
                            • 24

                            Unfortunately the fact is every gun is slightly different. I have dealt with this also but have been able to get the feel of the Timneys in my 17 and 19 nearly identical. Have you tried swapping the exact trigger setup from the first gun to the second to see if it feels the same?

                            You mentioned similar springs. I would suggest the first thing is to put the exact same springs into the second gun. Including every spring in the slide(striker/plunger).

                            With the connector, every degree of angle affects how the Timney feels. Make sure the connector in the new Timney is the same connector and bent to the exact same angle as your original one.


                            Originally posted by rodralig
                            So, thanks to the prodding of friends and regular squadmates, I finally switched to the Timney for competition... Yeah, even I had a Timney for the Gen 5, I still run a stock OEM setup for my match G17 Gen 3 (stock spring weights, OEM RSA, etc.). I love the wall and the positive reset, and yeah, with thousands of presses - it does "smoothen" up that the felt pull weight is much less.

                            Anyways, installed my for Gen 3 Timney to a spare G17 frame. However, in contrast to my Gen 5 setup - the reset with the RED spring is positive! Break is clear/crisp! Wow! I took it to the local SWPL match. Aside from the slight hesitation in the first stage, a classifier, where I went "Oh! This is how this trigger feels..." as well the second stage where I pulled my shot (not yet used to the crisp pull) - it was a "I LIKE THIS!!!"

                            Somewhere along the match I thought that the trigger would fail me that I did bring my primary frame. But no! All reliable throughout the entire match.




                            Loved it so much, that I ordered another Timney for a Gen 3 to serve as a backup/primary.


                            Unfortunately, in spite of the same housing (336), same connector (OEM 4.5 or minus), similar set of springs, etc. I cannot replicate the same feel. In particular the position of the "wall" and "break."

                            In the "good" Timney I have - the wall is just before the trigger goes vertical. And the trigger breaks at vertical. Very clean, very nice. Minimal trigger movement. But for the next Timney (Gen 3) I got, the wall is at vertical, and the break is a bit past that.

                            While I have learned from checking YT (Timney Channel)that I can "clean up" the feel of the reset, etc. by "tuning" the angle of the connector, I still have not found a way to adjust the wall/break.

                            Suggestions/recommendations anyone?

                            Thanks in advanced!!!


                            _

                            Comment

                            • SkyHawk
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 23531

                              Originally posted by rodralig
                              Unfortunately, in spite of the same housing (336), same connector (OEM 4.5 or minus), similar set of springs, etc. I cannot replicate the same feel. In particular the position of the "wall" and "break."

                              In the "good" Timney I have - the wall is just before the trigger goes vertical. And the trigger breaks at vertical. Very clean, very nice. Minimal trigger movement. But for the next Timney (Gen 3) I got, the wall is at vertical, and the break is a bit past that.

                              While I have learned from checking YT (Timney Channel)that I can "clean up" the feel of the reset, etc. by "tuning" the angle of the connector, I still have not found a way to adjust the wall/break.

                              Suggestions/recommendations anyone?

                              Thanks in advanced!!!


                              _


                              The wall & break is going to come down in large part to the interface between the striker toe and the Timney sear. Try swapping strikers between the guns and see if the "good" wall follows the striker.

                              If so then maybe you can polish the striker toe of the not so great striker Otherwise examine the angle of the striker toe and also check the not so great Timney sear to see if it is as shiny and burr free as the good one.

                              If you have a modified striker retainer plate or one of the orange ones, so you can observe the striker/sear when it breaks during dry firing - that might give you some info as well.
                              Last edited by SkyHawk; 05-12-2023, 1:09 AM.
                              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                              Comment

                              • rodralig
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Apr 2016
                                • 4262

                                Originally posted by SkyHawk
                                The wall & break is going to come down in large part to the interface between the striker toe and the Timney sear. Try swapping strikers between the guns and see if the "good" wall follows the striker.

                                If so then maybe you can polish the striker toe of the not so great striker Otherwise examine the angle of the striker toe and also check the not so great Timney sear to see if it is as shiny and burr free as the good one.

                                If you have a modified striker retainer plate or one of the orange ones, so you can observe the striker/sear when it breaks during dry firing - that might give you some info as well.
                                Thank you @SkyHawk.

                                What I did was actually swap slides. The good Timney goes with the frame. So, am thinking it is NOT a striker issue?


                                _

                                WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1