Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How to get marks off?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    sofbak
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 2628

    Gun is totally RUINED! Get your money back! 😒😒
    Tire kickers gonna kick,
    Nose pickers gonna pick
    I and others know the real

    Comment

    • #17
      Wordupmybrotha
      From anotha motha
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2013
      • 6965

      It looks like a milky stain. Don't want to know what caused the stain.
      Just keep shooting and cleaning and maybe it'll go away.

      Comment

      • #18
        Maulerrr
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Oct 2016
        • 2058

        I think you'll have to ship it off to Italy for a warranty claim. Damage looks beyond repair. They'll probably have to destroy the gun and send you a replacement.

        Comment

        • #19
          Mr. Blue
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2019
          • 2522

          Originally posted by SkyHawk
          Yes I see that now, OP was not clear he was using lifted photos in the other thread. I guess now we have to wonder if this is another Armslist pic? If not, sad to see OPs also has the lawyer billboard. If my M9 that is inbound has that I am going to be pissed. That would bug me 1000x more than those two little blems.
          https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

          Comment

          • #20
            foothillman
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2017
            • 1178

            Originally posted by SkyHawk
            Yes I see that now, OP was not clear he was using lifted photos in the other thread. I guess now we have to wonder if this is another Armslist pic? If not, sad to see OPs also has the lawyer billboard. If my M9 that is inbound has that I am going to be pissed. That would bug me 1000x more than those two little blems.

            Last I heard the M9 was a USA product only.

            Thanks to California

            ITrader FeedBack https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...k-100-positive

            Comment

            • #21
              The War Wagon
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Apr 2011
              • 10294

              Originally posted by jessegpresley
              Enroll in a quality 2 day pistol course. Join your local USPSA or IDPA club and shoot matches twice a month. Dry fire holster draws 15 minutes a day.

              Your care about superficial, cosmetic marks on the gun will 100% disappear.



              Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...






              /thread.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                Sure Shot 45
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2009
                • 1218

                So how does it shoot?

                Comment

                • #23
                  Dvrjon
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Nov 2012
                  • 11370

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Mr. Beretta
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 6614

                    OP

                    Did you buy the gun to look at? Or shoot it ?

                    Don't worry about those marks. Worry about getting 9mm ammo.

                    Good Luck!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      JohnnyMtn
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 1476

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        -hanko
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jul 2002
                        • 14174

                        Originally posted by pythonfan
                        My eyes are burning from the obvious blems written up and down that slide. Those would bother me way more.
                        Like words from my mouth. The gun is a 'effin billboard. Ugly.
                        True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                        Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                        Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                        A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          GeeBee49
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 1981

                          I completely agree with what several others have said about the billboard slide. I'll admit that I sometimes get a little too hung up on aesthetics but not this time.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            W.R.Buchanan
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 3394

                            On the blems first try a rag with some water on it, if that doesn't work then some alcohol, Then some Diesel, then some Brake Clean. if none of those work you have to live with them

                            As far as that Prop 65 BS tattooed on the side, take a Sharpie or Magic Marker and cover it. This is the standard way to fix small blemishes on Anodized Parts. Kind of big on that one. And that would have been a deal breaker for me.

                            Never seen that crap on a gun.

                            Don't they have a sticker they can put on that you could just take off after you are fully informed that your gun may have something toxic to someone, some where.

                            Maybe send it back to Beretta for removal?

                            Randy.
                            Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
                            Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
                            Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
                            Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

                            It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
                            www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Lexicon Devil
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 721

                              Originally posted by SkyHawk
                              First off - that is an aluminum frame. Do not use Hoppes or any powder solvent on aluminum. That includes ARs etc. Use CLP only. I know people do it, but don't do it. The military says don't do it.
                              This is the first I've ever heard about not using Hoppes or powder solvent on aluminum frames. Can you point me to the info that will tell me why that is?
                              Originally posted by backup
                              You glitter me, I'm going beat your face in, gay or not.
                              "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." - William S. Burroughs

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                SkyHawk
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 23531

                                Originally posted by Lexicon Devil
                                This is the first I've ever heard about not using Hoppes or powder solvent on aluminum frames. Can you point me to the info that will tell me why that is?
                                The problem is liquid ammonia (ammonium hydroxide). Liquid Ammonia is corrosive to aluminum. Check out the MSDS for Hoppes 9 and then google what aqueous ammonia does to aluminum.

                                Hoppes 9 is probably the safest of all if you don't have CLP, I think there was a guy who tested raw aluminum (not sure which alloy though) for 6 months in Hoppes 9 solution with no ill effect. But others like Shooters Choice or anything with a strong copper remover - look out!

                                Anyhow there are a bunch of threads on gun forums going back to the dawn of the internet, you can find them with Google. As with many things, you will find people who have contrary experience. I guess my point was, if you want to remove blems from aluminum, don't use a chemical that can blem aluminum And unless you want to read MSDS and chemical concentrations for every cleaner you may come across, just as a general rule stick to CLP for aluminum.
                                Last edited by SkyHawk; 10-06-2020, 11:43 AM.
                                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1