Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I think stupid high prices are pulling back

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tahoeshooter
    Member
    • May 2015
    • 347

    Originally posted by 586L-Frame
    JTROKS,
    If it was in Roseville.
    G17, G19, & Shields where
    ALL priced at $769 plus Dros
    & tax.
    Surprising to me to see LGS doing that. All on-roster. Big C / BP don't. I guess the little guy feels he needs to cash in when he can. Well, whatever the market will bear I suppose but when a LGS doubles the price of primers, powders, or whatever the component is that there's a shortage of, I remember that. They aren't showing any loyalty to their customer base.

    Comment

    • Tahoeshooter
      Member
      • May 2015
      • 347

      Originally posted by The Good Doc


      Simple supply and demand, about 25% of the nations population is forced into a handful of "state approved" manufacturers and models and now that there is a shortage, there are a lot more people all going for the same handful of in stock and available M&P Shields or Springfield XDs.
      Good point!

      Comment

      • JTROKS
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2007
        • 13093

        Originally posted by Tahoeshooter
        Surprising to me to see LGS doing that. All on-roster. Big C / BP don't. I guess the little guy feels he needs to cash in when he can. Well, whatever the market will bear I suppose but when a LGS doubles the price of primers, powders, or whatever the component is that there's a shortage of, I remember that. They aren't showing any loyalty to their customer base.
        People are in a frenzy right now. I’m just so glad I reload, but my components on hand is not at the level where I want them. Having so many friends wanting to try out guns so they’ll have an idea what to buy. They know there’s a chance of the boat sinking, and these are folks who used to be anti-gun. Mostly all of them are voting for Trump! Makes me feel good even if we’re in California. I’m thinking new gun buyers are the ones biting into $1-$2 per round, they face non availability all around so when they see it they let their money talk.
        Last edited by JTROKS; 10-12-2020, 10:29 AM.
        The wise man said just find your place
        In the eye of the storm
        Seek the roses along the way
        Just beware of the thorns...
        K. Meine

        Comment

        • riderr
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2013
          • 6704

          Originally posted by JTROKS
          People are in a frenzy right now. I’m just so glad I reload, but my components on hand is not at the level where I want them. Having so many friends wanting to try out guns so they’ll have an idea what to buy. They know there’s a chance of the boat sinking, and these are folks who used to be anti-gun. Mostly all of them are voting for Trump! Makes me feel good even if we’re in California. I’m thinking new gun buyers are the ones biting into $1-$2 per round, they face non availability all around so when they see it they let their money talk.
          The majority of the old gun owners had some kind of stash or went reloading. The new gun owners have no choice, but to buy at the record high price.

          Comment

          • FNGGlock
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2020
            • 1289

            Originally posted by SkyHawk
            Not in stock, so you can't get it
            These deals are popping up from time to time, just need to stay alert and you can snag some decent ammo at more reasonable prices.

            Point is to keep an eye out and wait for more decent deals vs all the price gauging going on lately, even on the CG marketplace for ammo. I have been able to snag some of these or even 9mm Magtech and other brass for less than 30cpr.

            The prices will drop when people stop buying at crazy prices.

            Comment

            • riderr
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2013
              • 6704

              Originally posted by Tahoeshooter
              Surprising to me to see LGS doing that. All on-roster. Big C / BP don't. I guess the little guy feels he needs to cash in when he can. Well, whatever the market will bear I suppose but when a LGS doubles the price of primers, powders, or whatever the component is that there's a shortage of, I remember that. They aren't showing any loyalty to their customer base.
              They are a business. The primary goal of any business is to make profit. We don't know the invoice price on those guns, so we can't really say what's the margin is. Some larger volume businesses can negotiate a better price, while LGS probably takes what they can.

              Comment

              • König
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2020
                • 20

                On the firearm side, if you've been stockpiling arms in the safe and are now selling while the market is high - more power to you. On the ammo side, I don't think there's anything to be terribly concerned about pricing wise. If you have a massive stockpile that you've only added to when the pricing is low - again, more power to you. I for one will continue to buy the ammo I want when it's available (even if it's at a premium) and will continue to buy that same ammo when the price is low. Same thing I do with stocks (see "averaging down").

                Comment

                • Cowboy T
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 5725

                  New shooters: first, welcome to the sport of marksmanship; and second, learn from this experience and make sure to stock up during times of plenty.

                  Older-hands: you knew to stock up, so if you got caught with your britches down, then unfortunately you're reaping the crops that you didn't sow.

                  I don't have a problem with stores/individuals selling these high-demand products for what the market will bear. Businesses need to stay in business. Welcome to capitalism.
                  "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
                  F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
                  http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
                  http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
                  http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
                  ----------------------------------------------------
                  To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

                  Comment

                  • SirRicky85
                    Member
                    • Sep 2016
                    • 336

                    I wouldn't pay more than 30 to 35 cents for 9mm/.380/7.62x39, 50 cents for .40, and 55 to 60 cents for .45acp. I'm still having a problem finding a constant flow of .223/5.56 for under 60 cents.

                    I scored 400 rds of .45, 200 rds of 9mm, 200 rds of 7.62x39, 200 rds of. 380, and 200 rds of .40 for all under that price listed above today. Woot. I got my go to spot.
                    Browning Buck Mark Practical URX
                    Glock 19 Gen 3, Smith & Wesson 686 Plus
                    Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Target
                    CZ Czechmate
                    Thompson Center T/CR22
                    CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Carbine
                    Colt LE6920CMPS-B, Franklin Armory CA7
                    Arsenal SAM7R-61
                    Masterpiece Arms 308BA
                    Mossberg 500 Tactical

                    Comment

                    • Palmaris
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 6497

                      I back down from original expecting selling price 10% on Shadow 2 bl/bl. Now it is just $3K
                      sd_shooter:
                      CGN couch patriots: "We the people!"

                      In real life: No one

                      Comment

                      • JC2020
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2020
                        • 821

                        I feel like prices on popular off rosters are all coming down. I see P320s of all kinds selling for less, and even big ticket items like the STI/Staccatos aren’t quite as pricey as they were 2 months ago. Just Walthers seems persistently going up in price. Makes me sad; I really like them. I can wait, though. Or rather, I should wait. Ha!

                        Comment

                        • SkyHawk
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 23531

                          Originally posted by Dasouza
                          At the range last weekend and pulled out a box of Blazer Brass out that still had the 8.99 price tag on it. Got me all choked up. Lol
                          Ah yes, those were the days

                          Originally posted by SirRicky85
                          I wouldn't pay more than 30 to 35 cents for 9mm/.380/7.62x39, 50 cents for .40, and 55 to 60 cents for .45acp. I'm still having a problem finding a constant flow of .223/5.56 for under 60 cents.
                          Target Sports USA sold around 300k rounds of M855 (green tip 5.56) today for .70/rd plus tax
                          Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                          Comment

                          • JTROKS
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2007
                            • 13093

                            Originally posted by SkyHawk
                            Ah yes, those were the days



                            Target Sports USA sold around 300k rounds of M855 (green tip 5.56) today for .70/rd plus tax
                            The wise man said just find your place
                            In the eye of the storm
                            Seek the roses along the way
                            Just beware of the thorns...
                            K. Meine

                            Comment

                            • Tahoeshooter
                              Member
                              • May 2015
                              • 347

                              Ammo comes and goes fast. It's out there. But by the looks of how much the minimum bids are on auction sites (which are not really available to us anyway but are a good indicator of market conditions) people must be paying for it at 3x-4x normal pricing. I don't know if this is panic buying or if the buyers just don't live near stores that sell it so they have no real alternative.

                              Comment

                              • Tahoeshooter
                                Member
                                • May 2015
                                • 347

                                Originally posted by riderr
                                They are a business. The primary goal of any business is to make profit. We don't know the invoice price on those guns, so we can't really say what's the margin is. Some larger volume businesses can negotiate a better price, while LGS probably takes what they can.
                                True enough, however they are not paying more for their deliveries now, just charging more. If it is an incremental upcharge, that doesn't bother me, but when they double the prices on standard stuff I remember it and don't go out of my way to buy from them. Actually, I've only paid inflated prices once, and that was back in the primer shortage days during Mr. O's reign.

                                If B/H win, it's going to get worse. Obama was tame compared to Harris. The rest of the country is about to learn what "microstamping" means!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1