Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ handguns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    axel4488
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 1586

    Originally posted by dave85620
    axel, this happened to me when I bought a new 75b back in 2010. I was getting constant fte and the gun wouldn't even load snap caps properly. I sent it in to cz-usa and they said the gun had a bad extractor. After this it ran fine but then jammed once again so I sold it. This put me off on the brand a bit as this was my first cz. The pcr I owned after was much better reliability wise but had a really tight magwell.
    I took my CZ to a local gunsmith who knows CZ pretty well. Everything checked out and he recommended doing a break in procedure. AKA shooting the ever living crap out of it. So far so good, less FTE and the gun is cycling smoother.
    Originally posted by ibanezfoo
    Fallout isn't just a game, its for training.

    Get your power armor as fast as possible.
    Originally posted by cabinetguy
    im hoping for a milsurp shoulder thingy that goes up

    Comment

    • #62
      accel
      Member
      • Jan 2016
      • 177

      Originally posted by axel4488
      I took my CZ to a local gunsmith who knows CZ pretty well. Everything checked out and he recommended doing a break in procedure. AKA shooting the ever living crap out of it. So far so good, less FTE and the gun is cycling smoother.
      By the time I filled warranty claim with my cz75 sa it had almost 2k rounds through it with no change to how it worked. No improvement. I'd say send it to CZ and let them look at it.

      Comment

      • #63
        Verdha603
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2019
        • 882

        In general most people would consider the CZ 75 (and its derivatives and various knock-off's like Tangfolio, EAA, and Jericho) to be an improved Browning Hi-Power design, with the largest improvement being the design change of having the slide ride inside the frame instead of on the outside like most other designs. Combined with a short slide height and the removal of the BHP's magazine disconnect, and you have a flat shooting, accurate, and ergonomic handgun.

        I can't say I've shot the higher end CZ's (like the Shadow 2 that's apparently the bee's knee's) but I've shot a variety of their more basic models; the 75B, 75BD, 75SA, 75 Compact, 85B, P-01, SP-01, 97B, and the 82 (yes, a departure from the 75 series, but still), and frankly they're all well made guns that work reliably, shoot accurately, and tend to have a moderate but loyal following, including myself, since in terms of modern handguns my tastes revolve around a combination of Sig Sauer's, CZ's, and 1911's for preferred handguns to shoot.

        Personally my only gripe is the short slide, since I'm used to releasing the slide by slingshotting it over the top instead of using the slide stop/slide release, and the small amount of real estate to grab makes it kind of difficult to do that, especially if I'm trying to do so under a timer.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1