Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CZ handguns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    omega
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2005
    • 3114

    CZ 97B would be my choice

    CZ 97B Description:


    The CZ 97B is a semi-automatic handgun introduced in 1997 in the .45 ACP caliber. The CZ 97B is essentially the CZ 75B in .45 ACP rather than 9mm, leading many gun enthusiasts to call the 97B the "big brother" to the very popular CZ 75B.



    Last edited by omega; 01-02-2020, 8:25 PM.

    Comment

    • #17
      rainman8819
      Member
      • Jul 2005
      • 306

      Love CZ handguns. I've got three of them and I even have the oddball 40B model. Great guns to have and shoot.

      Comment

      • #18
        Erion929
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 4706

        Originally posted by softscrubb
        For the CZ, are they all the same single action cocked and locked style like the 1911?

        Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

        No....the newer P10 series (P10F, P10C, and P10S....for full, compact, and subcompact) are striker-fired like Glocks, HK VP9, Walther PPQ, S&W M&P, etc.

        General rave reviews for all.

        There’s a long menu list of CZ handguns....you need to set aside a weekend and read....and determine your needs/wants. They’re all different barrel lengths, calibers, triggers, grips, frames, looks.

        YouTube and Google are your friends


        .
        Last edited by Erion929; 01-02-2020, 8:49 PM.
        Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

        https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


        Comment

        • #19
          recpark99
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jul 2012
          • 960

          I've sold dozens and dozens of guns over the years and the only one I truly regret selling is the CZ 97. It will be my next handgun purchase. I preferred it over my 1911's but didn't sell my 1911's due to the fact that they're badass too and were twice the cost.
          I have a cajunized SP-01 and a cajunized PCR, both incredible guns. Good luck!

          Comment

          • #20
            californiagal
            Member
            • Dec 2015
            • 327

            I've heard a lot of good things about the P10C. Are they on roster? I'm thinking not..

            Originally posted by Erion929
            No....the newer P10 series (P10F, P10C, and P10S....for full, compact, and subcompact) are striker-fired like Glocks, HK VP9, Walther PPQ, S&W M&P, etc.

            Comment

            • #21
              accel
              Member
              • Jan 2016
              • 177

              Originally posted by softscrubb

              Are the better than or comparable to say a 1911 or Browning?
              1911 or Browning Hi Power are
              single action only guns.

              CZ has SA/DA models with
              decocker.

              From shooting range side of
              view it does not matter.

              From self defense scenario IMO,
              SA/DA with decocker is preferred
              unless you are willing to practice SAO
              engagement regularly. Once I holstered 1911
              and imagined self defense situation.
              My first draw hypotetically resulted
              in shooting myself in the leg, second
              time I was careful enough not to
              disengage safety too soon, which
              resulted in pointing the gun and pulling
              the trigger on a gun with safety on.
              That was worse than shooting oneself
              in the leg I guess...

              SA/DA with decocker does not require
              such training. When you are at the
              range just make sure to decock
              every time you load a magazine and
              practice first shoot long trigger pool.

              Now, 1911 is a beautiful gun that
              everyone should have. HiPower is
              nice but not as historical for US. CZ
              was developed with HiPower in mind.
              So they are similarly looking with CZ
              being more practical.

              My solution to your question was -
              get 1911 for range/eye toying. Get
              CZ with it being almost HiPower
              clone with modern features.

              Comment

              • #22
                Mr. Patis
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2012
                • 1297

                20191204_224424.jpg
                My favorite striker fired gun is my p10f...very ergonomics
                Better than any of my glocks, ppq or vp9

                Comment

                • #23
                  Mr. Patis
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 1297

                  I can't wait to get a hold of the new Dan Wesson DWx

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    PogoJack
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2014
                    • 2167

                    My EDC is a P-01 with thin grips. I have a slightly modded magazine so it's 16+1 capacity in a reliable, compact and accurate package.

                    I live down the street from CZ Custom so eventually I'll some work done on the sights but bone stock after 1000 rounds down the pipe it's darn perfect for my purposes.

                    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by PogoJack; 01-03-2020, 7:01 AM.
                    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      M.O.G.U.E.R.A.
                      Junior Member
                      • Jan 2019
                      • 68

                      I love my 97B, as well as my SP-01 FDE (I think it has been discontinued?).
                      From top to bottom:
                      CZ-97B (45ACP)
                      CZ-75B (40S&W)
                      SP-01 FDE (9x19)
                      CZ-75B (9x19)
                      CZ-75B CWE (9x19)
                      CZ-75B Kadet II (22LR)





                      My SP-01 is my softest shooting 9mm (used it for my Arizona CCW qualifier), my 75B is my range/hiking/OC gun, and my 97B is my favorite handgun to shoot.

                      For anyone thinking about acquiring a 97B, I will say to go ahead and get it, you will not be disappointed! The gun is larger than a 75B but it is very comfortable to shoot ( I have the non-California model that comes standard with aluminum grips and I HIGHLY recommend them!).

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        cnj
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 1275

                        I've had 4. They are all gone, but for 1. At one time, I had a P-01 and a CZ75BD. Both were excellent shooters, but they went bye-bye only because I had another purchase in mind. No other reason. I then bought a P-10C once I moved out of CA. I also bought a P-07. It was a great opportunity for a comparison between plastic striker and hammer fired pistols from the same excellent manufacturer. For whatever reason, I shot the P-07 ever-so-slightly better than the new P-10C. The P-10 really didn't bring anything to the table over the P-07, so the P-10 also went bye-bye. It too, was a very good pistol. I really don't think one can go wrong with any current CZ pistol.
                        EDIT: Now if CZ would just go ahead and build a 10mm on the CZ-97 frame...…..be still my heart!
                        Last edited by cnj; 01-03-2020, 3:38 AM.
                        "Bye Felicia!" - Said by me, as I looked at Kalfornia in my rearview for the last time, 9/22/17.
                        NRA member
                        My experience is from the '80's and '90's, when mullets ruled the world!
                        If azzholes could fly, this place would be an airport!
                        I support gun control.....if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it!
                        You go ahead and give peace a chance. I'll cover you if it doesn't work out!

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          M.O.G.U.E.R.A.
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2019
                          • 68

                          I have yet to try out the polymer CZs (I get my polymer fix from my four Glocks and my HK, lol).

                          A 10mm CZ in the 97B size would be just dandy!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Horsewright
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2019
                            • 662

                            My CZ Rami D sometimes pulls shop duty:





                            Smooth, great trigger, soft shooting and accurate.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              PogoJack
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2014
                              • 2167

                              I know what you mean! I couldn't wait and got the next best thing, a Tanfoglio!

                              Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                aklon
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 3186

                                I have an SP-01 and a P-01 and they both deliver better accuracy than my Walther P88c.

                                Don't get me wrong: I love that Walther (c'mon, it's a Walther!) but when it comes to the CZ ... oh yes indeed. It feels like I'm cheating on a fifty year old woman with an eighteen year old girl.
                                Freedom is the dream you dream while putting thought in chains.

                                - Giacomo Leopardi

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1