Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CCW pistol

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Calif Hunter
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • 3323

    I carry none of the ones listed in your poll. I use a Ruger LCP, a Springfield XD9 Subcompact and a CZ-75 for a full size option.

    Comment

    • #47
      tomrkba
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2016
      • 1513

      Get a Glock 26. All your G19 gear works for it. Use it while you wait on your order for a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5 holster (hint: full sweat shield, small wedge, wing, pull the dot loops close together) and an AIWB mag holder.
      Biden's
      Laptop
      Matters

      Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p

      Comment

      • #48
        tomrkba
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2016
        • 1513

        “Carrying is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable”

        “BS, etc”

        The actual answer is to test a bunch of guns, holsters and mag holders until you find the right combination that permits you to fight while maintaining a decent degree of comfort. The gun is almost incidental; some small guns irritate me. I love my M&P M2.0 guns so long as I keep a tshirt between me and the grip. My 1911 Government carries well with the right pants. It is too long and the muzzle will print through the back pocket and apply pressure to the holster. This causes back pain at the end of the day. I had to switch to a Commander. for my GP100, but something is different about the Versa Max 2 for S&W N Frames that it works for me.

        The good news is that the Glock 19 is a rare mix of dimensions that is perfect for many people. You get a comfy fighting gun.

        Carrying spare ammo shouldn’t be annoying. Try carrying three speed loaders and a speed strip for a 629 sometime. It prints, binds weirdly under the shirt, snaps pop and loaders go flying, etc.

        A 1911 with standard wood grips is as thick as a G19 grip. This is what you have to hide if you carry IWB. Glock 17/19/26 and 1911 slide widths do not matter. Get a tiny gun if you want, but remember the gun’s purpose is fighting, not convenience. You will fight better with the G19.

        The Glock 30 is G19 sized, plus a little bit.
        Last edited by tomrkba; 08-19-2018, 1:42 PM.
        Biden's
        Laptop
        Matters

        Read the Kelly Turnbull novels to see where California is and will go: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=kelly+tur..._2_15_ts-doa-p

        Comment

        • #49
          CSACANNONEER
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2006
          • 44094

          My EDC is a 9mm Shield. My Sunday go to meeting gun is a 238 and, I keep a 9mm Sigma (basically a G19) on my permit in case I feel the need to carry 17+1. All three are good choices depending on your personal needs and lifestyle.
          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
          Utah CCW Instructor


          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

          sigpic
          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

          KM6WLV

          Comment

          • #50
            madmike88
            Member
            • May 2018
            • 351

            I AIWB or IWB 5 o'clock with single single stack compact 1911s and two 8 rnd magazines.

            Tear1concealed axis slim for AIWB and Stealthgear IWB ventcore for 5 o'clock.

            BTW: I can't say enough good things about the Tier1Concealed AXIS holster. It has a split in the middle so the holster and mag holder can flex around the midsection. Check them out!

            I can wear just a t-shirt without printing. Took me a bit too find the right holsters but once you do you should be good.

            Bending at the waist when carrying AIWB especially to pick something up can be uncomfortable but it's not a position that you stay in for a long time.

            Good luck. I'd love to have either a P938 or a Kimber Micro 9 for pocket carry... But the P238 will have to do for now.

            Comment

            • #51
              blasterp7
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 544

              Originally posted by Jason25
              Sounds like you have come to realize that the largest you can conceal better suits your needs, as have I. Pocket/mouse guns are out, been down that road just not for me.

              I AIWB with midsized doublestacks, they're a breeze to conceal with the right holster setup. Just my preference, to each their own.

              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
              HMMMMMMMMMMM! Well you are exactly right, in one statement - "to each their own"

              I have been a LE officer since 1974 to 2011 - your statement:

              "I AIWB with midsized doublestacks, they're a breeze to conceal with the right holster setup".

              Is - I believe - somewhat misleading. When I started in 1974 I was issued a double stack Smith model 59. It was a nice compact doublestack - It was not a breeze to conceal!

              Now I have tried Milt Sparks, Don Hume, Alessi, Ted Blocker, Kramer, Roy Baker, and the god of all holster makers Matt Delfatti. With those the double stack is easy to conceal if you wear a BIG jacket all of the time or a Hawaiian shirt that is 3 times too big for you!!!!

              I start to sweat at 75 degrees. No jackets for me even at 45 degrees - just my make up. Hawaiian MUMUs draw a lot of attention. Fanny packs - even more attention

              What I have carried EVERY SINGLE DAY for the last 10 years is a Sig 238 in my right front pocket with a PCS Blackbird. Two extra mags in a Delfattti 380 double mag pouch in my left lower pocket. I wear tactical shorts when I am not working and tactical pants when I am working (as the Range master armorer for my previous employer since 2011 to present)

              I am talking 365/24/7. Well, that is somewhat of a lie, as I do not wear it to bed....I do wear it Christmas, New years, Thanksgiving, etc.etc. Among family or foe - it is always there. And nobody has ever noticed.

              So I have delineated what I have tried and what I use - Now its your turn. What magic system do you use that allows you to breezily carry a double stack, full size handgun 365/24/7?
              Last edited by blasterp7; 08-19-2018, 5:44 PM.

              Comment

              • #52
                Jason25
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Jan 2013
                • 999

                That's easy Tier 1 concealed! I've been through many holsters also...Milt Sparks, ETA, Stealth Gear, Bravo Concealment...etc.

                It wasnt until I gave T1C a go, bingo! But, I also carry AIWB. I've went 1-5 o'clock over the years before landing and being completely comfortable with the 12-1 position.

                For reference I carry a P-01 and a G19. Really debating a G17 with the same holster (T1C Axis).

                Very slim and hugs the body perfectly, well my body atleast...and no oversized Hawaiian shirts for me, lol. But like I said, I found "my" go to! These pics are pulled from my thread in the CCW forum.
                Originally posted by blasterp7
                HMMMMMMMMMMM! Well you are exactly right, in one statement - "to each their own"

                I have been a LE officer since 1974 to 2011 - your statement:

                "I AIWB with midsized doublestacks, they're a breeze to conceal with the right holster setup".

                Is - I believe - somewhat misleading. When I started in 1974 I was issued a double stack Smith model 59. It was a nice compact doublestack - It was not a breeze to conceal!

                Now I have tried Milt Sparks, Don Hume, Alessi, Ted Blocker, Kramer, Roy Baker, and the god of all holster makers Matt Delfatti. With those the double stack is easy to conceal if you wear a BIG jacket all of the time or a Hawaiian shirt that is 3 times too big for you!!!!

                I start to sweat at 75 degrees. No jackets for me even at 45 degrees - just my make up. Hawaiian MUMUs draw a lot of attention. Fanny packs - even more attention

                What I have carried EVERY SINGLE DAY for the last 10 years is a Sig 238 in my right front pocket with a PCS Blackbird. Two extra mags in a Delfattti 380 double mag pouch in my left lower pocket. I wear tactical shorts when I am not working and tactical pants when I am working (as the Range master armorer for my previous employer since 2011 to present)

                I am talking 365/24/7. Well, that is somewhat of a lie, as I do not wear it to bed....I do wear it Christmas, New years, Thanksgiving, etc.etc. Among family or foe - it is always there.

                So I have delineated what I have tried and what I use - Now its your turn. What magic system do you use that allows you to breezily carry a double stack, full size handgun 365/24/7?


                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Jason25; 08-19-2018, 5:51 PM.

                Comment

                • #53
                  SquidBilly
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • 594

                  My go to is a S&W 442 in a pocket. Wonderful carry. I haven't found a better pistol for simple pocket carry than a Shield 9.

                  5 shots of good +P 38 and a weapon I can't feel in pocket most times is a great plus.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    cowboy777
                    Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 430

                    Glock 19 and Shield 9mm are my primary carry. Prefer the the G19 but carry the shield when I need it to be more compact.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.5arrowstactical.com/
                    NRA Training Counselor
                    Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PPIH, PPOH
                    Chief Range Safety Officer

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Rorge Retson
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 2712

                      CZ 2075 RAMI.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        blasterp7
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 544

                        Originally posted by Jason25
                        That's easy Tier 1 concealed! I've been through many holsters also...Milt Sparks, ETA, Stealth Gear, Bravo Concealment...etc.

                        It wasnt until I gave T1C a go, bingo! But, I also carry AIWB. I've went 1-5 o'clock over the years before landing and being completely comfortable with the 12-1 position.

                        For reference I carry a P-01 and a G19. Really debating a G17 with the same holster (T1C Axis).

                        Very slim and hugs the body perfectly, well my body atleast...and no oversized Hawaiian shirts for me, lol. But like I said, I found "my" go to! These pics are pulled from my thread in the CCW forum.

                        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                        Hey if it works for you- Great. It is hard for me to believe that you carry that rig 24/7/365. Because I can't see you sitting down, driving a car or anything else other than posing for a picture standing..... and oh by the way for any cop remotely paying attention you "print" in all of your "concealed" pictures. The good news is that 99.5% of the general public would never know you are carrying. 100% of the people that I have encountered over the last 10 years never know that I am carrying - Including those that know I am Carrying!

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Mayor McRifle
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2013
                          • 7771

                          Originally posted by blasterp7
                          ..... and oh by the way for any cop remotely paying attention you "print" in all of your "concealed" pictures. The good news is that 99.5% of the general public would never know you are carrying.
                          Anchors Aweigh

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            BLK
                            Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 361

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              smittty
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 6265

                              Originally posted by lightcav
                              Kahr CW9?
                              ^^^this

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                mansysinatra
                                Member
                                • Nov 2014
                                • 388

                                Originally posted by BLK
                                Let’s say I do keep my Glock for CCW, what is the best iwb or owb holster and most comfortable to wear?
                                that can literally only be determined by you.

                                I'd make sure the mag release and trigger guard are completely covered, and has adjustable retention.

                                Hell, you might even prefer a kydex trigger guard holster and Clipdraw.
                                Last edited by mansysinatra; 08-19-2018, 9:19 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1