Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why no Canik in CA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Nasc50
    Member
    • Sep 2017
    • 112

    Ca life style is overrated. Waiting for wife to retire so I can put my escape plans into action!

    Comment

    • #47
      Dvrjon
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2012
      • 11370

      Thank goodness this necro post got resurrected.

      Comment

      • #48
        newbie1234
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2016
        • 3131

        Originally posted by railroader
        Now that I'm no longer a california resident caniks are available. I'm getting older so I today ordered a canik tpsfx with a vortex venom red dot. This set up should be easier than iron sights. This is what you can buy if you move.

        Comment

        • #49
          AFTII
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2014
          • 1617

          Originally posted by Michael777
          You can still buy off roster guns. You will just pay a premium in the marketplace
          Because elitists want to keep their toys and deny them from the peons.

          Comment

          • #50
            newbie1234
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2016
            • 3131

            I don't means to side line the post, but some posts mention CA beach, screw the CA beach. Live in LA area for more 40 years, went to the beach twice, one time Redondo Beach, one time Huntington Beach, too fricking cold.
            I bought a time share in Hawaii by mistake, but I go there every year for the last 25 years and that is what I call the "beach".

            Comment

            • #51
              Gregchico
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Dec 2006
              • 2377

              As others have said, no loaded chamber indicator or micro stamp. Here is mine. They are fun, very reliable, a little top heavy, but in my opinion not worth the Kali premium. I think they go for $700 in the free states....

              Comment

              • #52
                SkyHawk
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2012
                • 23531

                Originally posted by Dvrjon
                Thank goodness this necro post got resurrected.
                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                Comment

                • #53
                  Quiet
                  retired Goon
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 30242

                  Originally posted by SkyHawk
                  Originally posted by Dvrjon
                  Thank goodness this necro post got resurrected.
                  It happens.

                  One interesting take away from the necroposting...
                  Originally posted by The Shootist
                  Originally posted by Full Clip
                  Yeah, that's reasonable.
                  "Only $2,000 for a lightly used Hudson 9?! Deal!"
                  Actually 3K lol....you gotta pay to play here in California.
                  01-2019 Hudson H9 WTS ads are now in the $1500-1600 price range.
                  sigpic

                  "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    AFTII
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • 1617

                    Originally posted by Quiet
                    It happens.

                    One interesting take away from the necroposting...

                    01-2019 Hudson H9 WTS ads are now in the $1500-1600 price range.
                    And they are still not worth it.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      newbie1234
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 3131

                      Why no Canik in CA ? Roster and FMK.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Litespeeds
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2015
                        • 3260

                        Originally posted by railroader
                        That is true and I do miss the mountains and the beach. I also don't get buried in traffic on a daily basis anymore.
                        Probably not making the same amount of money nor own property that appreciates faster than the stock market.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          -hanko
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jul 2002
                          • 14174

                          Originally posted by Scarecrrow
                          After reading up on it, the legislation behind it seems like a perfect way to slowly choke most non-legacy semi-automatic systems out of the California market. Definitely unfortunate for the responsible sportsmen here like myself.

                          (Ha I also appreciate the attempted request to "limit CA bashing" in the responses -- I always hope for apolitical / objective discussions that aren't sprinkled with 'libtard' and such...but I think we all know that's a hard ask with these odd legislative policies / implementations! )
                          The roster is definitely doing its job. The purchaser's degree of responsibility makes no difference.

                          I grew up on the SF peninsula but got out with the desire for a better place in which to raise a family, not to ignore far better schools...that turned out to be the DFW area. From there, we relocated to the Boise area. I've addressed a senate committee or 2 on the value of constitutional carry, which was passed by the Idaho legislature. I believe I can judge a libtard when I hear one.

                          Take a look at California's recent advisement as to the use of he/she v. they in legislative discussion. Are you telling me that it's not retarded? Res ispa loquitur.


                          Originally posted by rghouse
                          hoping some of you all could shed light on why Canik handguns are banned (aside from ppt of course). I know there is a long list of reasons why a manufacturer might choose to not bother complying with CA laws, so lets limit the CA bashing here. Any specific technical or political reasons anyone aware of? For instance did they not pass drop tests or something?

                          Also, anyone know if there is any effort on Century arms part to turn out CA compliant handguns?
                          Political reasons have been discussed. Microstamping is still a requirement for new stuff.

                          Based on 20+ years of buying, shooting, and collecting guns, I'd suggest maybe a better source than CIA.


                          Originally posted by Dvrjon
                          Well, let's give all the important players their due. A "Republican" governor signed it into law.
                          See next post.


                          Originally posted by Dvrjon
                          A distinction without a difference.
                          No difference whatsoever, and he's still probably trying to relive his 500th acid trip.


                          Originally posted by Nasc50
                          Ca life style is overrated. Waiting for wife to retire so I can put my escape plans into action!
                          The relief you feel in a free state will pleasantly surprise you, believe me.


                          Originally posted by newbie1234
                          I don't means to side line the post, but some posts mention CA beach, screw the CA beach. Live in LA area for more 40 years, went to the beach twice, one time Redondo Beach, one time Huntington Beach, too fricking cold.
                          We lived a 5 minute drive from Mavericks'. I used to run a couple of cattle dogs daily on Surfer's Beach. The cold never bothered us, but weekend traffic and weekend visitors made that a major operation. 5 mph from Princeton Harbor to Half Moon Bay, so around a 40 minute round trip to get to Safeway from home. Schools were also crap and getting crappier.


                          Originally posted by Litespeeds
                          Probably not making the same amount of money nor own property that appreciates faster than the stock market.
                          We've made more money in Texas and Idaho than in the SF bay area, but ymmv in all cases.

                          We definitely benefited by property appreciation on the coast. We sold a house on the coast and were blessed with bunches of Chinese cash and a bidding war.

                          The trick is to sell the house when you have more than enough equity to fund a home (and LAND, btw) in your new location.
                          True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

                          Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

                          Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

                          A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            railroader
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 3115

                            Originally posted by Litespeeds
                            Probably not making the same amount of money nor own property that appreciates faster than the stock market.
                            Actually I'm retired with a good private sector pension, a decent bank account and stocks. This is after I sold my house in California for almost triple what I paid for it. I have a nicer house with 3/4 of an acre. So I'm good.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1