Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Name the Absolute Best Auto-Reloader Available

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jessdigs
    Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 472

    Dillon 1050 with case feeder, Mr bullet feeder, and Mark 7 auto drive will do what you are asking, relatively safely, but not absolutely.
    It has a low primer alarm, low powder alarm, and a powder check die system.

    But turning it on and leaving the room is a bad idea.

    Even with a manually operated 550 I still check powder drops every 15 cases or so, check sizing with a case guage, check OAL, etc.

    Even with my experience in reloading, I would never walk away and expect everything to be perfect and safe. Chances are with the 1050 and it's failsafe systems and powder check it will be, but would you bet your life on it?
    Last edited by jessdigs; 03-22-2018, 9:37 PM.

    Comment

    • superdave50
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2017
      • 813

      you're a little late to this game

      Comment

      • jessdigs
        Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 472

        Originally posted by superdave50
        you're a little late to this game
        Yeah, I started to read it and got bored and posted. I went back and read a bunch now. It looks like you are right. Way way late.

        Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • sammy
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 3847

          I've been loading and shooting 400-plus rounds a week for at least the last 15 years. The only thing I've used is a Dillon 650. You can easily load 1000 rounds in 2 hours if all of your cases are cleaned and sorted. I don't look at reloading as a task which might be the difference between you and me. That said the 650 was the Press I learned to reload on but you need to be honest with yourself. Are you mechanically inclined? Do you change your own oil? If not this is probably not for you. Bite the bullet so to speak and pay somebody else to do it right.

          Comment

          • W.R.Buchanan
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 3401

            Too many great answers here. Lots missed the point. he knows nothing about reloading ammunition.

            He needs to start loading with a Lee Classic Loader and actually learn what he needs to do, before spending money on a more complicated machine that he won't understand. This is about the most basic tool out there and is the best way for someone who knows nothing about the subject to get started. If he is not patient enough to learn on a Lee Loader then he needs to go to Las Vegas and buy his bulk ammo and smuggle it back in the state, as he will never be safe to run a machine..

            AS far as a fully automatic machine is concerned I don't think he really knows what that is. Many have commented about various automated reloaders, but I think he was really talking about something more like Dillon 550/650.

            Randy
            Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
            Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
            Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
            Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

            It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
            www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

            Comment

            • tanks
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2014
              • 4038

              Speaking of automated reloaders, there is a new guy in town (in a manner of speaking).



              Details here.
              "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
              "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1