Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Revolver vs Self-loading Pistol

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    DonaldBabbett
    Banned
    • Aug 2014
    • 828

    Originally posted by orangeusa
    I finally read OP. I realized I don't agree with anything posted.

    Dial a wheel to select ammo? SNAKE : Out of ammo. Lol
    Damn, I wish I could find that article to show you.

    I think most here are mere choir boys wishing to sport an Uzi just to look cool.


    I don't think the government should restrict Uzis or revolvers, however.

    The government certainly should not tell you what kind of gun to have or not have.

    I honestly feel you have as much right to own an Uzi as you do a muzzle-loader.

    Anyway, you people choose the guns you like and I'll choose the guns I like.

    That's the beauty of being an American and having rights under the 2nd A.

    We all can agree upon that I hope.

    My OP was to inform those people who are not too knowledgeable about firearms and may consider a handgun for personal security.

    You have the brass-chuckers and the wheel guns.

    The wisdom of the old gun-writers and many old-school policemen was to consider the revolver in that case. Not all gun owners or perspective gun owners are "gun pundits".
    Last edited by DonaldBabbett; 06-10-2017, 10:12 PM.

    Comment

    • #47
      Fishslayer
      In Memoriam
      • Jan 2010
      • 13035

      Only serious Champion Expert Tactical Operators can handle the mighty "410 GA"

      Originally posted by Kwikvette
      If you've got a revolver and visible abs, can you still operate?

      "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


      Originally Posted by JackRydden224
      I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
      Originally posted by redcliff
      A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

      Comment

      • #48
        Lead Waster
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 16650

        Clip vs magazine .... we all know clip means magazine. Seriously who cares. We all know what the person means and it's just slang. I I say "sneaker" you know I mean running shoe or tennis shoe or cross trainer or athletic footwear. Why are gun owners such nazis about clip vs magazine when we all know, without exception wxactly what the person means when they say clip.
        ==================

        sigpic


        Remember to dial 1 before 911.

        Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

        There. Are. Four. Lights!

        Comment

        • #49
          Robert1234
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 3080

          Originally posted by CouchOperator
          M....m....maga....maga-ga-ga-a...z-z....magaz...magaz.... *Deep breath*...magazzzziiiii...magazi...magazine....YES ! MAGAZINE! I DID IT!
          That Sir is hilarious!!

          Comment

          • #50
            kfraiz007
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2017
            • 7

            It's NOT the same thing... and it's NOT okay to use them interchangeably. Unless you WANT to sound foolish.

            They're, there, & their sound the same, but mean different things... I don't use them interchangeably. Do you?

            Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #51
              doggie
              Banned
              • Apr 2017
              • 719

              Maybe he was thinking of those M1 Garand 30-06 pistol conversions that use clips (en-blocs).

              Comment

              • #52
                Killer Bee
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2010
                • 2199

                Originally posted by Lead Waster
                Clip vs magazine .... we all know clip means magazine. Seriously who cares. We all know what the person means and it's just slang. I I say "sneaker" you know I mean running shoe or tennis shoe or cross trainer or athletic footwear. Why are gun owners such nazis about clip vs magazine when we all know, without exception wxactly what the person means when they say clip.
                exactly..

                I'd love for one of these keyboard commandos that learned everything they know about guns on a web forum try to correct some of my 50+ year old shooting buddies that use the term clip..
                I started out with nothing - and I still have most of it

                Comment

                • #53
                  doggie
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2017
                  • 719

                  I propose that we start using a new term..."bullet dispenser", or, "dispenser".

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Che762x39
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 4538

                    Originally posted by kfraiz007
                    It's NOT the same thing...
                    Thanks for sharing.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Masterdebater
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 1095

                      Wonder what the next episode of calguns will have? Maybe polymer vs steel, striker vs hammer, ak vs ar15??? The suspense is killing me... you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be wearing my calguns bib, shirt, hat, underoos eating gunpowder and fruity pebbles watching it!

                      (If this is a competition for who can say the most random thing they can come up with.)

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        MrOrange
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 2262

                        Originally posted by Killer Bee
                        exactly..

                        I'd love for one of these keyboard commandos that learned everything they know about guns on a web forum try to correct some of my 50+ year old shooting buddies that use the term clip..
                        Then again, some of us old guys are jaded enough that we don't mind pulling jokes on people while bullets are flying. When they and one of your fearsome uncorrectable shooting buddies are behind some cover while the latest religion-of-peace ambassadors are shooting up a shopping mall, and your 1911-packing buddy yells something like "I need a .45 clip!" We'd be happy to toss him one of these



                        just to see the look on his face.
                        I meant, it is my opinion that...






                        I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
                        I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
                        You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          JTROKS
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 13093

                          Originally posted by Masterdebater
                          Wonder what the next episode of calguns will have? Maybe polymer vs steel, striker vs hammer, ak vs ar15??? The suspense is killing me... you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be wearing my calguns bib, shirt, hat, underoos eating gunpowder and fruity pebbles watching it!

                          (If this is a competition for who can say the most random thing they can come up with.)
                          9mm vs 45 ACP!
                          The wise man said just find your place
                          In the eye of the storm
                          Seek the roses along the way
                          Just beware of the thorns...
                          K. Meine

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            BigBamBoo
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 5215

                            Originally posted by ACfixer
                            I haven't met too many people in the real world realm that most of us live in that can shoot a double action revolver very well. That includes myself and I'll bet it includes you.

                            Huh....here is a video of my FIRST TIME SHOOTING a double actin only revolver...and reloading with moon clips. And I am by no means a great shooter by any means.

                            I think most people in this day and age just do not even try and/or have no interest in revolvers.

                            Bring hay for my horse....wine for my men....and mud for my turtle!

                            What do you hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

                            "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
                            - Sigmund Freud

                            Originally posted by ar15barrels
                            It makes it bigger and longer.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              meno377
                              ?????
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jul 2013
                              • 4911

                              Originally posted by kfraiz007
                              It's NOT the same thing...

                              Originally posted by Fjold
                              I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street.
                              Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.
                              -Milton Friedman


                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                CouchOperator
                                Veteran Member
                                • May 2016
                                • 4353

                                Originally posted by Killer Bee
                                exactly..

                                I'd love for one of these keyboard commandos that learned everything they know about guns on a web forum try to correct some of my 50+ year old shooting buddies that use the term clip..
                                5 Dogs sound good? Not saying i learned everything on the net, but i see what you are implying.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1