Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    drunktank
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2008
    • 5461

    Why not just carry the Pro?

    WTB used AK MFER.

    Comment

    • #32
      Big Gorilla
      Member
      • Mar 2017
      • 209

      Originally posted by 44fred
      Wait....
      Springfield made a EMP in 45acp?
      No was the micro. Getting old and forgetting all these little names.

      Comment

      • #33
        Big Gorilla
        Member
        • Mar 2017
        • 209

        Originally posted by drunktank
        Why not just carry the Pro?
        It was just ordered. So it's going to be a while before I have it. I need something now.

        Comment

        • #34
          tsnoforn
          Member
          • Jan 2017
          • 216

          Originally posted by Big Gorilla
          Ok so my very first 1911 was a half rail trp. Absolutely loved the gun. Some things came up a few years ago and I had to sell it. I was looking to replace it and ended up ordering a pro.



          Here's where I need some advice. I'm looking for a 1911 for everyday carry. For around $1500. I would want a half rail or no rail. I'm only famaliar with the trp. Are there other ones for around that price I should look at?


          I am a 1911 traditionalist and only own 1911 1911's. BUT... sometimes I tinker with the idea of A 1911 carry piece. My barrier to entry is same as yours, the ones I've seen are too fancy and expensive. But I have done some homework:

          I love Sig 1911. Probably, if I were going to carry a 1911, it would be a blacked out Sig 1911, maybe with some rosewood grips... in other words, my P238, only huge :-)
          probably my favorite that I would be willing to pay for, all less than a grand for a compact.

          i also love Les Baer and, believe it or not, they make an almost affordable carry gun (about 1850). Les Baer doesn't have to make excuses or compromises; their pistols are magnificent professional's tools with nice bluing and artisan build quality.

          Once you spend a bit of money, Springfield and Colt make nice compacts, too and both fit your budget.

          i would probably spend the extra 300 (and you would have to shop for that) and find a Les Baer. If not, I would get the Sig. If not that, the Springfield. I like Colt but they offer the least features for the dollar.


          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #35
            drunktank
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2008
            • 5461

            Originally posted by Big Gorilla
            It was just ordered. So it's going to be a while before I have it. I need something now.
            Oh, oops I misread your original post!

            As someone else stated above, I'd get a Sig 1911. I wasn't happy with the other models under $1,000 due to features (or lack of) and reliability. Went with a Sig Scorpion, which is off roster, and am extremely glad I went that route. The on roster ones are basically the same, minus the color and grip/magwell. It's been %100 reliable regardless of mags and ammo used for the past 2 years. Good luck with your choice!

            WTB used AK MFER.

            Comment

            • #36
              Soginator
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2013
              • 1696

              Whoever was in charge of putting front cocking serrations on all these high end 1911's really needs to be slapped.
              WTS HK USP45c http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1304283

              Comment

              • #37
                rock3ralex
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 1298

                I can't seem to fathom why you would want to carry such a heavy gun for EDC. Snag a shield and fix the trigger, put the money elsewhere

                Comment

                • #38
                  Tere_Hanges
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 6270

                  Whats wrong with a compact Armscor/RIA? I've seen them for around $550-$600. Not a fancy brand name? Everyone I've met that had one said they worked fine.

                  $1500+ seems like a lot of money to stick with the 1911 design.
                  Last edited by Tere_Hanges; 05-15-2017, 3:12 PM.
                  CRPA and NRA member.

                  Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Big Gorilla
                    Member
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 209

                    Originally posted by rock3ralex
                    I can't seem to fathom why you would want to carry such a heavy gun for EDC. Snag a shield and fix the trigger, put the money elsewhere
                    I really don't understand these type of comments. I'm not in the field where every ounce counts. I'm wanting a 1911 as I shot them way better then polymer guns and they fit the best in my hand.

                    Owning glocks, hk's, sigs, xd's, I could never shoot them anywhere as good as my 1911. Especially one handed with a quick draw. In a life or death situation god forbid it should happen, I'd rather have a gun I can pull out quickly with one hand and defend myself or family if needed.


                    Was asking for advice on 1911's not whether I should get one. Thanks though

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      blaser
                      Member
                      • Aug 2015
                      • 222

                      Originally posted by Big Gorilla
                      Well so much for a $1500 budget. I'm now buying a nighthawk grp recon. Guy also had a no rail trp he sold today for a really good price. Didn't even see his ad until now posting the trp was sold. Damn my wife is gonna kill me
                      Well done sir. You will love it, She Who Must Be Obeyed will get over it.
                      "The Wizard will fix everything" ~ Dorothy

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Big Gorilla
                        Member
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 209

                        Originally posted by blaser
                        Well done sir. You will love it, She Who Must Be Obeyed will get over it.
                        lol thanks buddy. Honestly she wasn't even mad. All she said was "you and your guns". She has a few expensive ones of her own. Definitely excited to get my hands on it though.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1