Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    trigger945
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2012
    • 5795

    For everyday carry
    1911
    $1,500 budget
    No rail or half-rail

    CBOB, MC Operator, Loaded
    One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

    AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

    Comment

    • #17
      scotty99
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 1184

      I have a Dan Wesson PM9 and it is a beautiful gun and a straight shooter, but not 100% reliable. If I was going to carry a 1911, it would be my Sig C3. Also great looking, terrific size, lighter weight, and dead reliable. Sig makes a great line of 1911s that are worth a look.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

      Comment

      • #18
        heidad01
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 4902

        Cbob.is the best carry among the options in Calif. There is not much of a difference between a commander and a full size. So little it is hard to feel any difference shooting them. And, hard to match in what you get for your $1400 or so.

        Comment

        • #19
          sarbiker
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2014
          • 750

          I like my 4" Kimber CDP II. Light and accurate.
          sigpic
          NRA Benefactor Member
          CRPA Life Member
          2AF Defender
          USPSA Life Member
          GOC Member
          NASAR Member

          Comment

          • #20
            timbo399
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 1765

            I'd recommend to get another 1911 work horse similar to the awesome TRP you had. I have a half rail TRP and love it, but I do feel the MC Operator is great bang for your buck, and just like the TRP, you can abuse it at the range and will keep on ticking.

            My bedside gun is TRP w Surefire light attached but would not hesitate to use SA MC Operator. Use rest of money for ammo. Gosh I love that word, Ammo, can never have enough of it.

            Comment

            • #21
              Big Gorilla
              Member
              • Mar 2017
              • 209

              I like the cbob but I'm not a fan of stainless. And this dang roster list is pissin me off. Wondering if I should just pick us a used trp. Mc operator looks nice also.
              Descions descions

              Comment

              • #22
                SurferSeth
                Member
                • Sep 2014
                • 173

                How about a no rail TRP?
                Thanks, and as we say in Spanish,
                "Chinga tu pinche puta Madre, Pendejo!", which means "Hope you have a great day and it's a pleasure doing business with you". - Dr. von Weigert

                Comment

                • #23
                  Big Gorilla
                  Member
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 209

                  Originally posted by SurferSeth
                  How about a no rail TRP?
                  Yeah I'm actually looking for a no rail after someone mentioned it. Really don't need a rail for a edc.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Big Gorilla
                    Member
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 209

                    Well so much for a $1500 budget. I'm now buying a nighthawk grp recon. Guy also had a no rail trp he sold today for a really good price. Didn't even see his ad until now posting the trp was sold. Damn my wife is gonna kill me

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Dellinger
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 745

                      The mighty Springfield EMP-9 is in your price range and concealable more than most 1911 pistols. I've comfortably carried one for a while​. Accuracy, 9+1 capacity and concealability.
                      " A Free People Ought Not Only Be Armed And Disciplined But Should Have Sufficient Arms And Ammunition To Maintain A Status Of Independence From Any Who Might Attempt To Abuse Them, Which Also Includes Their Own Government."
                      ~George Washington~

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Big Gorilla
                        Member
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 209

                        Originally posted by Dellinger
                        The mighty Springfield EMP-9 is in your price range and concealable more than most 1911 pistols. I've comfortably carried one for a while​. Accuracy, 9+1 capacity and concealability.
                        I had the .45 before. Kept having issues and Springfield ended up taking it back and letting me pick something else for the money. I have big hands and it wasn't really comfortable for me.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Big Gorilla
                          Member
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 209

                          Oh wow looking in their website they don't even offer the .45 anymore. Guess I wasn't the only one with problems ?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            xfile
                            Member
                            • Jan 2015
                            • 272

                            Wessom, any Springfield operator, and Les baer. Those are my midgrade 1911"s that work everytime, and are reasonably available here in ca

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              splithoof
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2015
                              • 6044

                              Originally posted by Big Gorilla
                              Well so much for a $1500 budget. I'm now buying a nighthawk grp recon. Guy also had a no rail trp he sold today for a really good price. Didn't even see his ad until now posting the trp was sold. Damn my wife is gonna kill me
                              You will like the GRP Recon. Mine has one of the best factory triggers of any 1911, and is accurate, reliable, and very well made.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                44fred
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2011
                                • 2399

                                Wait....
                                Springfield made a EMP in 45acp?
                                "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

                                "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

                                "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms"
                                -- Thomas Jefferson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1