Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19c vs Glock 23

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    C_1
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 1504

    Since you already have a 45acp caliber handgun, I would suggest a 9mm. But the G19C may not be, for lack of a better word, practical for self defense. However, there's non-ported barrels you can buy to replace the G19C's compensated barrel.

    Or you can get the G23 and get a 9mm conversion barrel but it wont be super reliable. Fun at the range type stuff.

    Either way, can't go wrong..

    Comment

    • #32
      OutlawDon
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 3138

      I've got it!!!

      Since you're undecided, get the G23C.....now you can shoot it as it is ported in .40, or you can get a 9mm barrel conversion in ported OR non-ported version.

      Basically, with this choice, you have the the most options to go with since it's just a barrel swap and the slide is cut open already: ported or non-ported, in 9mm AND .40!

      Four ways to go!

      Comment

      • #33
        9mmdude
        Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 486

        You have a .45. Why buy a .40 when you can get the 9mm and save $$ on ammo costs. Much more practice with extra ammo to shoot.

        Don't let anyone tell you you can't use the 19c for self defense. The 19c vents the gas in a v shape pattern away from the shooter.

        Comment

        • #34
          1923mack
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 588

          Go with the Glock 23.

          Comment

          • #35
            kato4moto
            Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 332

            Originally posted by 9mmdude
            The 19c vents the gas in a v shape pattern away from the shooter.
            That doesn't help if you're using a retention position (close to your body). But the real criticism of ported handguns is that the muzzle flash around the front sight basically destroys your night vision for a few seconds--most home-defense shootings taking place at night--which is tactical suicide.

            Comment

            • #36
              SVRider
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2007
              • 1914

              I read opinions that a 9mm converted 40 is OK for range us, but not a good idea for a "depend on it in a life threatening situation". The breech face of the 40 is wider and the extractor and ejector are designed for the wider cartridge as well. A "depend on it" pistol needs to be 100% under any circumstances....

              That being said, get the G19. You've already got a 45 for HD....
              FOR SALE:

              Check back later

              Comment

              • #37
                JTROKS
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2007
                • 13093

                That's exactly what I got from a trade. I'm not sure about Storm Lake after market barrels, but the Lone Wolf has a tight chamber and should only be shot with factory ammo or reloads that has been QA'd with a match grade gauge. That said reloads that will work requires using Lee small base dies.


                Originally posted by Crazed_SS
                Get the Glock 23 and buy a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel and Glock 19 magazine to go along with it.. then you have a Glock 23 and in a few seconds, you can have basically a Glock 19.. best of both worlds

                The wise man said just find your place
                In the eye of the storm
                Seek the roses along the way
                Just beware of the thorns...
                K. Meine

                Comment

                • #38
                  Doheny
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 13820

                  Originally posted by kato4moto
                  That doesn't help if you're using a retention position (close to your body). But the real criticism of ported handguns is that the muzzle flash around the front sight basically destroys your night vision for a few seconds--most home-defense shootings taking place at night--which is tactical suicide.
                  FUD.
                  Sent from Free America

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Greg-Dawg
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 7793

                    FYI: 9mm are gone and there's plenty of .40S&W at WalMart.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      rino
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 625

                      I own glock models 19, 20, 21, 23, 24(my fav.), if i had to choose just -ONE- it would be the .40(23). yes, it has a little more snap or kick then the 9mm but it also has a little moe stopping power. with proper shooting skills the recoil is manged. if you want the c model then just order the 9mm conversion with the long ported berral. that will take care of the range plinking and the .40 for stopping power

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        GoingPro
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 1451

                        plus for a home defense situation i would use my saiga 12 haha
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Super Spy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 3461

                          Why not a Glock 30?

                          I just got a Glock 30 and love it, it shoots the same ammo as the gun you own, and has better stopping power than either the 9mm or 40. I'm not an expert, I did talk to a couple of cop buddies, they recomended the 45 for stopping power, and online research shows the 45 to be an excellent round for a one shot stop!

                          Good luck1
                          Originally posted by Daytripper63
                          "Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            SevenFifty
                            Member
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 185

                            Get em both!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1