Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19c vs Glock 23

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    OutlawDon
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 3138

    I went through the exact same deal. I have a Kimber 1911 already.

    What did I end up choosing....I bought a G19 online today. Debated between the 19 and 19C...most people on forum said to just go with the regular 19. No need for the compensation....extra flash, powder residue in face/gun/sights, reduced velocity, etc.

    Comment

    • #17
      Crazed_SS
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • 4114

      Originally posted by GoingPro
      thats a good idea how much is the conversion?
      Barrel costs about 100 bucks..


      They are very reliable. I think I've shot about 400rds through mine with no problem. Very accurate too.

      I got a Glock 19 mag to go along with it because I heard it ensures more reliable feeding.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        fishmaniac
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 84

        I would wait for a Glock 19 regular instead of a 19C or 23.
        Got fish?

        Comment

        • #19
          Oldnoob
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 2829

          Get the G23, then convert it with conversion barrel. Conversion barrel will only run you about $100, and you already have the 9mm mags. Now you can shoot both 40 and 9mm.

          I use Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion in my G22 and can't be happier. I'm going to get one for my G23 as well.



          Last edited by Oldnoob; 02-19-2009, 9:42 PM.
          Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

          Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

          Comment

          • #20
            GoingPro
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 1451

            i think im going to go tomorrow and get the G23 and do the conversion.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              9mmdude
              Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 486

              I own both the 19c and 23. The Glock 19 is easy to shoot. The Glock 19c is very easy to shoot. With +P+ rounds the 19c will stay on target rapid fire. Until you shoot one of each you can't imagine how well the "c" model works.

              Don't let anyone talk you out of a "C" model. You can buy the regular 19 barrel for about 100 bucks and have the best of both worlds.

              Comment

              • #22
                Greg-Dawg
                Banned
                • Oct 2006
                • 7793

                Glock Fotay all the way.

                Comment

                • #23
                  kwest10
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 618

                  23 and convert. Or wait for a g19. I have the g23 and shooting +P or any load for that matter in 40 was a beast. I got used to it but still didn't like it and 40 is more expensive. I've actually used the 40 mag with 9mm. Wouldn't use it for SD or competition but will work for punching paper.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    GoingPro
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 1451

                    Originally posted by kwest10
                    I've actually used the 40 mag with 9mm. Wouldn't use it for SD or competition but will work for punching paper.
                    you lost me at that last sentence?
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      GoingPro
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 1451

                      Originally posted by 9mmdude
                      I own both the 19c and 23. The Glock 19 is easy to shoot. The Glock 19c is very easy to shoot. With +P+ rounds the 19c will stay on target rapid fire. Until you shoot one of each you can't imagine how well the "c" model works.

                      Don't let anyone talk you out of a "C" model. You can buy the regular 19 barrel for about 100 bucks and have the best of both worlds.
                      im having all these mixed emotions now.....the compensated sounds fun.....but how reliable is getting a glock 23 and converting the barrel to 9mm?
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        GoingPro
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 1451

                        can i get a glock 19 and put a 40 cal barrel in it ?
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          kwest10
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 618

                          you can't upgrade to a higher caliber from the 9mm.
                          I've used my 40 cal glock mags to shoot 9mm when I got my 9mm conversion barrel for my g23. It works but I did have a few fail to feed problems. So if you're competing or using the 9mm conversion barrel don't use to 40 cal mags loaded with 9mm since you want it to be as reliable as possible. But if you're just farting around at the range it's not going to "matter". But since your pops has 9mm mags, no worries.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Oldnoob
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 2829

                            Originally posted by GoingPro
                            can i get a glock 19 and put a 40 cal barrel in it ?
                            No, because the barrel hole on G19 is too small for 40 cal barrel. The conversion for 40 -> 9 work as thicker the outer ring of barrel to fit that hole. Hence, the regular G19 barrel will not work in G23 slide for the barrel will fit the hole loosely.
                            Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

                            Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              GoingPro
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 1451

                              ahhhhhhhh i see.......man this is aa tough decision to make.....either get a glock 23 and convert or find a g19....with the g23 ill have both calibers....
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Oldnoob
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 2008
                                • 2829

                                Originally posted by GoingPro
                                im having all these mixed emotions now.....the compensated sounds fun.....but how reliable is getting a glock 23 and converting the barrel to 9mm?
                                I suggested G23 and get conversion barrel solely for range purpose. If you want it use for competition and in 9mm, go with G19. Or you can get target 40s&w ammo. I actually shoot better in 40s&w than 9mm, but that's just me.
                                My G22 have over 2.5K rounds through it, no one single malfunction of any kind. But with LWD conversion barrel, just a bit over 2K round of 9mm, I have 2 FTE from the same box of Wolf military classic. Not too bad, and most likely ammo related, but it no longer a perfect scord for the record. I can live with 99.9% for range use though.
                                Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

                                Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1