Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 Grips

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #91
    XDJYo
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2012
    • 7100

    Here's a link to a 1911 thread with TONS of VZ grip pix. Enjoy: https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=333626

    You will be lost for days.
    Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
    Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
    Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
    M&P 15 (Mine)

    Comment

    • #92
      Sheik_Yerbutay
      Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 229

      Originally posted by JS41989
      How do you guys feel about Alumagrips?
      My Guncrafter CCO came with alumagrips and for EDC I love them!
      If you're going to carry concealed they are very slim and light while providing a comfortable yet tactile grip.

      Not the greatest pics but you get the idea...



      On my Guncrafter American it came with Shredder grips from Larry Davidson. They are a lot more comfortable than they look but still provide positive grip with or without gloves in various climates. I also had Challis make a set out of Amboyna that I swap out when Im not at the range.



      Member of NRA, CGF, SAF and NAGR

      Comment

      • #93
        Garand1911
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2002
        • 1443

        Originally posted by JS41989
        How do you guys feel about Alumagrips?
        I have Hogue aluminum grips on my CZ75, I like them a lot.
        They have smooth and checkered, I prefer the feel and look of the checkered.
        But use grip screw O rings, or the screws will work lose.
        "I saved your life, AND brought you pizza" -- Me

        Comment

        • #94
          BakoJ
          top poster @ utahguns.net
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2012
          • 2314

          Originally posted by 15srt392


          I put vz grips on my 1911


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Wow that's a beauty!
          sigpic
          Join the discussion at www.utahguns.net

          Originally posted by HP911
          sweet jesus, the subject matter experts are 97!
          Isaiah 41:10
          So do not fear, for I am with you;
          do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
          I will strengthen you and help you;
          I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

          Comment

          • #95
            MosinVirus
            Happily Infected
            CGN Contributor
            • Sep 2013
            • 5282

            Don't know what the issue is with having medallions on your grips but I really like the Wilson Combat Starburst (aggressive ones). I think medallions help balance out the "detail".
            Hobbies: bla, bla, bla... Bought a Mosin Nagant... Guns, Guns, Guns...

            Comment

            • #96
              AFTII
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2014
              • 1617

              Originally posted by JS41989
              How do you guys feel about Alumagrips?
              My two go to grips are slim VZ Operator 2s or slim Alumagrips. Had I tried Alumigrips first, I probably wouldn't have bothered to try VZs. (I've tried other VZ grips, but the Operator 2s worked best for me.)

              The Operator 2s are aggressive. They won't slip in you hand, but if your hands get wet, cold or overly dry, they have sharp edges that can be uncomfortable.

              My Alumagrips have "normal" checkering. They are grippy, but not sharp. No matter what the condition of your hands, they are never uncomfortable. Last weekend I shot a class in the rain at Gunsite and never had any issues with gripping the gun or the gun slipping in my hands. So, IMO, they are a great combination of comfort and controllability.

              Edit: The laser etched grips look pretty cool too.

              Last edited by AFTII; 02-15-2017, 6:02 AM.

              Comment

              • #97
                Rhyyke
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 2128

                Vz's are the way to go if you're going G10. Here are a few of mine:

                Simonich Gunners on a Springfield Pro


                Tactical Diamonds on a Mil-Spec


                my favorite: Operator II's on my Guncrafter No Name

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1