Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Idiot mark on 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    lehn20
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 2355

    as stated before, it is a TOOL. It shows you used it. Be proud

    Comment

    • #17
      MT1
      Banned
      • Jun 2007
      • 3657

      It's a badge of honor - I would be embarrassed to own any gun that doesn't have wear marks on it.

      Comment

      • #18
        Rudolf the Red
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 1038

        What mark?
        sigpic
        NRA Benefactor Life Member
        01 Dealer Redding, CA
        US Army MP Corps Veteran
        Former NRA Pistol Coach Level 3

        I am always looking for Beretta D models in 9mm or a Compact Type M.

        Comment

        • #19
          Steak
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 2

          Hmmm, any tips for the same idiot marks on a really nice stainless 1911?

          Comment

          • #20
            AC Gould
            Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 289

            Originally posted by 5150Marcelo
            so how does one avoid these marks?
            Don't take it out of the box.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              FCinCA
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2006
              • 1692

              As you can see from the posts, some consider it a beauty mark.

              Comment

              • #22
                Snapping Twig
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2007
                • 2108

                It's inevitable, run with it.
                Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

                Comment

                • #23
                  The SoCal Gunner
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2006
                  • 3319

                  They have the touchup bluing pens but I don't know how nice it would look since the scratch makes the surface unsmooth.

                  I install by sandwiching the slide stop with my index and thumb to prevent it from slipping. Then just wiggle and push against the plunger until the slide stop makes it way through the slot.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    dwh100
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 955

                    Originally posted by Steak
                    Hmmm, any tips for the same idiot marks on a really nice stainless 1911?

                    Try some coarse sand paper and you'll never see that mark again!
                    Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                    - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      vf111
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 2745

                      What would JMB think? Would he think it was the nature of the beast???

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        mark2203
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 1136

                        It's like earning stick marks on your football helmet. There's a bit of pride that goes along with it, unless it's on the back of your helmet.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          tpuig
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 2163

                          I bought one of these at the Cow Palace gun show, and it works great. They also make a flat black. Very handy, and I think better than a sharpie. You won't make the mark disappear, but it should help it blend in a bit.

                          Birchwood Casey Super Black Touch-Up Pen Gloss

                          NRA LIFE Member

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Iknownot
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 2174

                            Originally posted by Steak
                            Hmmm, any tips for the same idiot marks on a really nice stainless 1911?
                            Have a good gunsmith polish it out. (Hoag removed one from a stainless 1911 for us. You would never know there used to be a mark there now).

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Warhawk014
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 1498

                              Originally posted by nuke_em

                              battle scars are good
                              http://www.shop42a.com/

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                shirow
                                Member
                                • Aug 2008
                                • 332

                                Check this page out. There's even a video that shows you how to do it without scratching.

                                "Thugs do not belong in a civilized society."

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1