Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FBI selects Glock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    chrometip78
    Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 301

    An agency comprised of primarily accountants selected Glock again, imagine that....

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #62
      ianS
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2004
      • 1108

      For me, I wish my wife confiscated one of my 9mm Glocks instead of my Ruger GP100

      Comment

      • #63
        Oceanbob
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jun 2010
        • 12720

        Originally posted by hermosabeach
        If Colt stayed current, maybe they would not be in the north east and in bankruptcy.


        Sig makes striker guns
        Smith and Wesson... Ruger.... They all adopted the modern striker / polymer platform.....




        So no shocker that the Glock was selected again....


        Yep ^^^

        However, the Gubmint is usually 5 years behind the Learning Curve. Those FBI
        Guys probably never heard of the PPQ or VP9, or Ruger LC9S Pro. All have
        Superior egos and triggers over Glock.

        Be well
        Bob
        May the Bridges I burn light the way.

        Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

        Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

        Comment

        • #64
          Dvrjon
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2012
          • 11370

          Originally posted by Litespeeds
          Does it really matter what the FBI chooses for their handguns? I could care less that they chose Glocks in 9mm. That just means that Glock gave them the lowest bid and won the contract.
          The following factors shall be used to evaluate offers:
          -Technical
          -Past Performance
          -Price
          Technical is more important than past performance; past performance is more important than price; when combined, technical and past performance are significantly more important than price.
          Originally posted by Litespeeds
          It has nothing to do with how accurate their agents can shoot.
          Most handguns sold will outperform their handler's capability. No one is going to write a spec that requires the product to improve the user's ability. And if they did, no vendor would submit a proposal.

          Of course, the GLOCK can also be converted, if needed:

          Last edited by Dvrjon; 06-18-2017, 9:41 AM.

          Comment

          • #65
            section31
            Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 456



            Looks like the Army can buy them from the same contract

            Comment

            • #66
              ianS
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2004
              • 1108

              Originally posted by Oceanbob
              Yep ^^^

              However, the Gubmint is usually 5 years behind the Learning Curve. Those FBI
              Guys probably never heard of the PPQ or VP9, or Ruger LC9S Pro. All have
              Superior egos and triggers over Glock.

              Be well
              Bob
              It's one thing to make a choice for yourself but a whole nuther ball game when choosing a pistol for a large organization. A lot of other thing to consider besides any specific thing or things. And there have always been viable alternatives to Glocks for as long as large organizations have been adopting Glocks.

              Comment

              • #67
                asphaltcowboychip
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 1035

                Originally posted by scobun
                No finger grooves and ambi controls....interesting. Gen5, perhaps?
                Interesting...By making these changes and gaining the FBI's business they in turn will have MANY smaller departments also going to that same gun.
                What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us
                What we have done for the others and the world remains
                And is Immortal.

                Do not go gentle into that good night.*
                Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

                Comment

                • #68
                  TMB 1
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 7153

                  Originally posted by static2126
                  I am curious if you ccw (here or out of state) or actually do action shooting.

                  I wanted to replace all my G19s with tuned P01s. Carrying out of state and action shooting times curred that
                  I have and done all kinds of shooting.

                  I don't have one but I'd take a P01 over a Glock too.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    GlockN'Roll
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2015
                    • 3783

                    Originally posted by stormvet

                    Oceanbob we have that in common, my daughter confiscated my gen 4 19.

                    Had to buy another, but it worked out well. Found a new gen 4 in OD green to take its place.

                    How many Glocks are you up to now?

                    I'm at 14, but when ever I think I have a lot of Glocks I think about you and know I have work to do.
                    My daughter has two of my Glocks currently.

                    I told she can keep either one or both, or if she prefers, anything off the rental rack at her range she likes better.

                    I doubt her decision will be based on what the FBI does...

                    And please don't ask how many Glocks I have...
                    Real Californian...

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      ChuckDizzle
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 4398

                      I guess it's a feather in the cap for Glock owners.

                      I do have to admit that the popularity of the Smith and Wesson Model 19 with past law enforcement does have some allure for collectors, so I guess there is that.

                      Still don't think something as personal as a defensive pistol should ever be chosen based on LEO or military use.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Germ1
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2014
                        • 1165

                        One of you guys with the daughters into Glocks should let me date them. I'll show you my Glock if you show me yours.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          CWDraco
                          Banned
                          • May 2007
                          • 3359

                          so a Gen5 is coming out... ok I can see that not effecting my life at all.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Saym14
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 7892

                            Wasn't the FBI the one that developed the 40 caliber because they could not handle the 10 mm loads

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              glockman19
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 10486

                              Glockman19 Approves of this change... They most likely are moving away from the .40 toward the 9mm because of 1) cost and 2) it's a NATO round and there will always be ammo to feed them.

                              I prefer NATO caliber firearms 9mm, 5.56, .45ACP, 7.62.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                static2126
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 5619

                                Originally posted by Blade Gunner
                                The short barrel of the pistol makes all the sense in the world if you could still use the Sig Brace to shoulder it, but ATF says that's a no no. (most likely going to sell my AR pistol....at best it's an expense range toy) So you end up holding it up trying to line up a red dot or irons. As a full auto it's a great spray and pray gun, but in semi auto it loses out. I'll stick with the carbine and enjoy aiming rather than pointing.
                                Originally posted by TMB 1
                                I have and done all kinds of shooting.

                                I don't have one but I'd take a P01 over a Glock too.
                                Great choice too. That isnth
                                Originally posted by TMB 1
                                I have and done all kinds of shooting.

                                I don't have one but I'd take a P01 over a Glock too.
                                Great choice too. I just like consistent trigger pull and lightness of the G19

                                Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1