Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

S&W R8

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    fifteen
    Member
    • Jan 2016
    • 411

    i would also know what a good street price is for the R8 or TRR8 in CA.

    does the TRR8 command a higher price than the R8?

    Comment

    • #47
      scootle
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2010
      • 2702

      Originally posted by fifteen
      i would also know what a good street price is for the R8 or TRR8 in CA.

      does the TRR8 command a higher price than the R8?
      MSRP on the two is identical, I believe.

      Internet prices (shipping to CA) are in the $1085 range, last I checked (try large vendors like KYGunCo etc.). I paid $1090 shipped for mine, plus tax and DROS at the FFL later (added over $100 plus change due to sales tax alone).
      SCC CCW *326 Days, $1051.29*
      Application: 2/27/2023 ($72.33)
      Original Interview: 12/21@1030|Actual: 4/13@0900
      'Informal" email Background complete: 9/19
      Email to schedule Psych: 10/27@1539 ($150)
      Psych Test: 11/3@0800|Psych Interview: 11/9@0900 (Dr.McKenzie)
      LiveScan: 11/9 (UPS Store $93+$25)|Livescan cleared: CA/FBI 11/9, Firearms 11/20
      LiveScan Email: 11/17@0842
      Training Email: 11/29@1007|Instructor: 1/10/2024 SaberTactics ($399+40)|Docs: 1/12
      Approval: 1/17@1346 ($264+$7.96)|Pickup: 1/19@1030

      Comment

      • #48
        VintageDUG
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 834

        I picked up the TR8 at my LGS a couple of weeks ago. Nice gun, I like it a lot. Today I had him order me the R8 as well. I assume it will be just as nice.
        Originally posted by Munk
        This is akin to saying that the silver lining of being raped is, "hey, at least you're getting laid."

        Comment

        • #49
          scootle
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2010
          • 2702

          A pistol bayonet?!!! Well, why not?



          Attached Files
          SCC CCW *326 Days, $1051.29*
          Application: 2/27/2023 ($72.33)
          Original Interview: 12/21@1030|Actual: 4/13@0900
          'Informal" email Background complete: 9/19
          Email to schedule Psych: 10/27@1539 ($150)
          Psych Test: 11/3@0800|Psych Interview: 11/9@0900 (Dr.McKenzie)
          LiveScan: 11/9 (UPS Store $93+$25)|Livescan cleared: CA/FBI 11/9, Firearms 11/20
          LiveScan Email: 11/17@0842
          Training Email: 11/29@1007|Instructor: 1/10/2024 SaberTactics ($399+40)|Docs: 1/12
          Approval: 1/17@1346 ($264+$7.96)|Pickup: 1/19@1030

          Comment

          • #50
            goodoljake
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2014
            • 1587

            TRR8 for me.

            Comment

            • #51
              Barbarosa
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 2166

              Originally posted by stormvet
              Nice revolver, but if I could only have it or the 19. I'd take the 19.
              /\/\/\ This /\/\/\

              Comment

              • #52
                swipes22
                Member
                • Jun 2013
                • 228

                Does anyone have pics of other grips for this beast? I'd love to see it with a nice set of wood grips like the JM's pictured here. If I ever have to get behind a riot shield, I can always go back to the stock grips! ha

                Comment

                • #53
                  darksands
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2008
                  • 710

                  I looked up grips and there are a few nice looking N Frame round grips for it. I just put one in jail yesterday.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

                  "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942

                  "Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." ---Wyatt Earp

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Gregchico
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 2377

                    I picked one up a short while ago. So far, so good. The double action is butter smooth, but there is a small bit a creep in the single action. I don't think they are quite worth the price they go for though.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1