Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19 Modifications

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    FNH5-7
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2009
    • 9407

    I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board on this. I mis identified a part.
    Last edited by FNH5-7; 12-18-2015, 8:47 AM.
    Originally posted by FalconLair
    I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

    Comment

    • #17
      madoka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 2039

      Originally posted by Colt-45
      Please delete.
      Why would you delete this?

      There's a lot of useful info in this thread that others might benefit from.

      Comment

      • #18
        rkt88edmo
        Reptile&Samurai Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2002
        • 10062

        Originally posted by Munny$hot
        Don't replace springs with lighter ones unless its for "Range Use Only". The -connector basically spreads the weight through out the trigger pull, it does not lighten it. A NY trigger is heavier but is has no wall (staple gun effect) and breaks smoothly. To get a smother trigger do a .25 cent trigger job (YouTube) and use the stock connector. I don't recommend the lower weight connectors due to seeing problems develop with them not reseting after a trigger pull or firing a second shot when releasing the trigger.
        Have you seen those problems with glock connectors or third party?

        Usually I go to glocktalk when I need to do glock research.

        Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
        If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
        Use the goog to search calguns

        Comment

        • #19
          tbc
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2011
          • 5955

          Another thing you should check is the plunger safety spring is properly seated.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #20
            FNH5-7
            Calguns Addict
            • Sep 2009
            • 9407

            Originally posted by madoka
            Why would you delete this?

            There's a lot of useful info in this thread that others might benefit from.
            I wanted to delete because I misidentified a part making the thread pretty much pointless.

            I'll get back to you all later as I'm going to disassemble my G35 AGAIN to see exactly whats in it before I come to anymore conclusions.
            Originally posted by FalconLair
            I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

            Comment

            • #21
              Ride Madone
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2015
              • 32

              Glock 19 Perfect Trigger

              If you want the perfect trigger for your Glock 19, buy a Walther PPQ and pretend it is a Glock 19.

              Comment

              • #22
                madoka
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2012
                • 2039

                Originally posted by Colt-45
                I wanted to delete because I misidentified a part making the thread pretty much pointless.
                While it may become moot to you, several people went to some trouble to contribute useful info to this thread. Therefore, as a benefit to others who may have similar questions, IMHO it's better not to delete the entire thread.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Flash68
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 140

                  Originally posted by madoka
                  While it may become moot to you, several people went to some trouble to contribute useful info to this thread. Therefore, as a benefit to others who may have similar questions, IMHO it's better not to delete the entire thread.
                  Agreed. This was the first result in a Glock 19 sights search I just did and it has proven helpful to me.

                  Thanks

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Munny$hot
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 3665

                    Originally posted by rkt88edmo
                    Have you seen those problems with glock connectors or third party?

                    Usually I go to glocktalk when I need to do glock research.

                    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                    Ive seen them mainly with Ghost 3.5 and Lone Wolf 3.5 connectors. My kid use a Glock Minus with a NY 4.5 and has great results. Shes a 10 ring shooter at 10 yards easily.
                    Can DI AR's run dirty?

                    Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

                    "If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Lakings66
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • 61

                      On my gen3 and my gen4 19 I run a ghost 3.5 and polish the trigger bar myself it feels pretty smooth and crisp to me. I see why you like ur 35 trigger bc I have a gen4 34 as well and I left that trigger alone, it's pretty awesome how it came.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        rkt88edmo
                        Reptile&Samurai Moderator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10062

                        Originally posted by Munny$hot
                        Ive seen them mainly with Ghost 3.5 and Lone Wolf 3.5 connectors. My kid use a Glock Minus with a NY 4.5 and has great results. Shes a 10 ring shooter at 10 yards easily.
                        So it is not a minus connector issue, it is a third party aftermarket issue.

                        Because I haven't heard of this with OEM minus connectors.
                        If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
                        Use the goog to search calguns

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Munny$hot
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 3665

                          Originally posted by rkt88edmo
                          So it is not a minus connector issue, it is a third party aftermarket issue.

                          Because I haven't heard of this with OEM minus connectors.
                          IIRC The minus or dot connector origanlly came stock in the Glock 34 which by no means was intended to be a carry/duty rig, so you may want to research it yourself. For me the reliability of a combat pistol is more important than having something that may fail. A lot of shooters put more time/ money into gadgets to lighten their trigger to try and compensate for bad marksmanship. If this is going to be a range gun changing springs etc is fine, but if it will serve as a dual purpose rig id recommend reconsidering your choices. Under stress 85% of what you know goes out the window and i can guarantee you having a ultra lightweight can be hazardous. Some of the bigger SpecOps community names such as Larry Vickers prefer a stock glock for duty use. The only ones that recommends trigger enhancements is because they have their name attached to it and are making money selling them to you.
                          Last edited by Munny$hot; 01-05-2016, 11:07 PM.
                          Can DI AR's run dirty?

                          Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

                          "If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            rkt88edmo
                            Reptile&Samurai Moderator
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10062

                            I have researched it, which is why I think there is an important distinction that wasn't made in your initial statements about your observations about 3.5# connectors generally and not differentiating Glock minus connectors.

                            Originally posted by Munny$hot
                            IIRC The minus or dot connector origanlly came stock in the Glock 34 which by no means was intended to be a carry/duty rig, so you may want to research it yourself. For me the reliability of a combat pistol is more important than having something that may fail. A lot of shooters put more time/ money into gadgets to lighten their trigger to try and compensate for bad marksmanship. If this is going to be a range gun changing springs etc is fine, but if it will serve as a dual purpose rig id recommend reconsidering your choices. Under stress 85% of what you know goes out the window and i can guarantee you having a ultra lightweight can be hazardous. Some of the bigger SpecOps community names such as Larry Vickers prefer a stock glock for duty use. The only ones that recommends trigger enhancements is because they have their name attached to it and are making money selling them to you.
                            If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
                            Use the goog to search calguns

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1