Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19 Modifications

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FNH5-7
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2009
    • 9407

    Glock 19 Modifications

    I have a Glock 35 Gen4 that I really like.

    I just purchase a G19 Gen3. I replaced the serrated trigger with a smooth one. I also switched the factory connector with a Glock OEM minus disconnector. I've inspected everything and made sure everything is properly installed but the trigger feels kinda weird, it feels spongy and heavy. Keep in mind the only things I replaced was the trigger to the smooth faced trigger and replaced the factory disconnector to the Glock OEM minus disconnector.

    Will this go away once I shoot it or am I missing anymore parts to make the trigger feel like my G35 trigger? insight appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by FNH5-7; 12-18-2015, 8:46 AM.
    Originally posted by FalconLair
    I weep for my country and what it is becoming.
  • #2
    DysfunctionalVet
    Banned
    • Sep 2014
    • 694

    Originally posted by Colt-45
    I have a Glock 35 Gen4 that I really like.

    I just purchase a G19 Gen3. I replaced the serrated trigger with a smooth one. I also switched the factory connector with a Glock OEM minus disconnector. I've inspected everything and made sure everything is properly installed but the trigger feels kinda weird, it feels spongy and heavy. Keep in mind the only things I replaced was the trigger to the smooth faced trigger and replaced the factory disconnector to the Glock OEM minus disconnector.

    Will this go away once I shoot it or am I missing anymore parts to make the trigger feel like my G35 trigger? insight appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Try replacing the springs too.

    Comment

    • #3
      davidb
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 1769

      Is your g35's trigger stock?

      Comment

      • #4
        Sam
        Calguns Addict
        CGN Contributor
        • Jul 2008
        • 5205

        Originally posted by HopetonBrown
        You've replaced the only two parts that differ from your G35 with regards to the trigger.

        The best upgrade anyone can do for a stock Glock is replace the sights. Many find that a sight with a narrower front post covers up less of the target at distance, especially when time is important. And a high visibility fiber optic insert in the front sight is easier for the eyes to pick up in less time.

        A narrower rear notch minimizes the amount of possible misalignment at speed. A benefit of a metal rear sight over plastic is that they are more robust, making 1 handed manipulations more assured, and less chance of breakage if dropped or knocked against something. Another benefit to the rear sights I'm recommending is that they have a vertical forward face, which means more surface area to catch on your belt/kit to further aid 1 handed manipulations vs something like a Novak sight where the forward face is slanted.

        Lastly, these rear sights have no dots or buckets on them, cleaning up your sight picture which translates to quicker shot times.

        Dawson Charger

        Taran Tactical Innovations

        Way Of The Gun

        I recently switched three of my G19s from Trijicon HD sights to Dawson Precision and they are much easier to use in almost all lighting conditions except for very dim light and darkness.

        With regards to the trigger issues, is the trigger spring installed correctly? I've noticed that my trigger springs have a tendency to hook around the side of the trigger bar if the trigger bar is not massaged into place on reassembly.

        Comment

        • #5
          rkt88edmo
          Reptile&Samurai Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2002
          • 10062

          Every glock is different. The only consistency is in their function.

          Keep swapping parts until you get a trigger pull you like, otherwise just shoot it as is.
          If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
          Use the goog to search calguns

          Comment

          • #6
            Sam
            Calguns Addict
            CGN Contributor
            • Jul 2008
            • 5205

            Originally posted by HopetonBrown
            Yeah, the fat HD front is too big for my taste, and the rear notch is rather wide as well.

            With regards to shooting in dim light and darkness, target ID is paramount. My local club has night time matches and I use an X300 Ultra to see my targets.
            Decided that with a white light, tritium is probably unnecessary/not visible anyway.

            Comment

            • #7
              thegamettt
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 2630

              doesnt the 35 already have a lighter pull trigger? maybe what you are feeling is the difference in the two?
              Have a good day!

              Comment

              • #8
                FNH5-7
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2009
                • 9407

                Gonna put the original parts back, see if the problem persists. Also going to put on the minus connector using the original trigger. These are the Glock part numbers for the two parts I swapped:

                SP00721 Glock O.E.M 3.5lb(4.5lb) Connector
                SP00357 Trigger w/trigger bar

                Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                The best upgrade anyone can do for a stock Glock is replace the sights. Many find that a sight with a narrower front post covers up less of the target at distance, especially when time is important. And a high visibility fiber optic insert in the front sight is easier for the eyes to pick up in less time.
                Thanks for the info. Sights were on the way, my Glock parts arrived sooner so I was working on that first.
                Last edited by FNH5-7; 12-18-2015, 8:47 AM.
                Originally posted by FalconLair
                I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Legasat
                  Intergalactic Member
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 4151

                  Originally posted by Colt-45
                  but the trigger feels kinda weird, it feels spongy and heavy.
                  So, a normal G19 trigger. At least it's normal with mine.
                  ..

                  .........STGC(SW)


                  SAF Life Member

                  sigpic
                  NRA Benefactor

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    FNH5-7
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 9407

                    Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                    What'd you get?
                    My other G19 had the Vickers sights. Very simple selection, there was simply an option for .45/10mm Glocks and another option for 9mm/40sw.

                    The sights I got this time are 10-8 Sights.

                    -U notch rear, .140" notch width.
                    -Fiber optic front, .215" tall and .125" width.
                    Originally posted by FalconLair
                    I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      LILO
                      Member
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 161

                      Have someone put an anchor on it, now it's worth double.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        FNH5-7
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 9407

                        Thanks. Now if only I can get this Glock functioning properly. Not really into aftermarker triggers, parts or anything like that, just simply want my G19 trigger to feel like my OEM G35 and I'll be set.
                        Originally posted by FalconLair
                        I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Dimitri A.
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 931

                          Originally posted by Colt-45
                          I have a Glock 35 Gen4 that I really like.

                          I just purchase a G19 Gen3. I replaced the serrated trigger with a smooth one. I also switched the factory connector with a Glock OEM minus connector. I've inspected everything and made sure everything is properly installed but the trigger feels kinda weird, it feels spongy and heavy. Keep in mind the only things I replaced was the trigger to the smooth faced trigger and replaced the factory connector to the Glock OEM minus connector.

                          Will this go away once I shoot it or am I missing anymore parts to make the trigger feel like my G35 trigger? insight appreciated.

                          Thanks.
                          Did you put in a gen3 trigger, or gen4? Gen 4's are known to sometimes have stiff or spongy triggers because of the bump on the firing pin plunger cam. If memory serves, the geometry of the gen4 trigger bar is slightly different as well. Also, did you reinstall the trigger return spring correctly, or did you perhaps install it upside down by mistake?

                          Look at the spring in the upper image. Are the open ends of the hooks oriented in the correct direction. I've read that putting the spring in upside down can cause issues.

                          Last edited by Dimitri A.; 12-15-2015, 9:21 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            tbc
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 5955

                            Polish the safety plunger if you haven't done it already.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Munny$hot
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 3665

                              Don't replace springs with lighter ones unless its for "Range Use Only". The -connector basically spreads the weight through out the trigger pull, it does not lighten it. A NY trigger is heavier but is has no wall (staple gun effect) and breaks smoothly. To get a smother trigger do a .25 cent trigger job (YouTube) and use the stock connector. I don't recommend the lower weight connectors due to seeing problems develop with them not reseting after a trigger pull or firing a second shot when releasing the trigger.
                              Can DI AR's run dirty?

                              Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

                              "If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1