Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

This or That - 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    San_Diego_Shooter
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 181

    I've got two Kimbers, a SIG 1911, and Rock Island. Love them all. But my first 1911 - an original Kimber Gold Match is what I still use to this day for IDPA and 3-gun. Great gun. No rust, but then I have humidity sensors and humidity control in my Fort Knox safe. Treat your guns well, they will protect your life.

    Comment

    • #47
      GlockN'Roll
      Veteran Member
      • May 2015
      • 3782

      On further reflection I must say that...

      Originally posted by Euphoria526

      This.

      /end thread
      Although I also initially would have gone with this, on further reflection I must say that.
      Real Californian...

      Comment

      • #48
        keenkeen
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2011
        • 6782

        Originally posted by safety-1st
        Thanks for the replies! So the kimbers are prone to rust? The TRP is a little pricey. I found them without the rail for 1450 cheapest. The TRP full rail I see them for around 1700. That is a bit out of my interest for a 1911. I like the mc operators price for 1099 very attractive with the ongoing Springfield promotions of two mags and bag for every purchase.

        Is the TRP really that much better than the mc operator and really worth the extra 400-600?

        Thanks
        Yes, it is.
        "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

        Comment

        • #49
          Robert1234
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 3080

          Originally posted by keenkeen
          Yes, it is.
          Not sure I agree. I have a Les Baer ($1,500.00 in 2007), Kimber Custom II ($600.00 in 2001), Springfield Loaded Target 9mm ($1,000.00 in 2014) and Caspian High Cap ($1,100.00 in parts I put together).

          I will say that the Les Baer is tighter, feels nicer, looks cooler, and has front strap checkering, but I can't say it shoots any better than the other three. Of course, the only thing I've had to do to the Les Baer is install a beavertail grip safety (it's the Hardball version, set up for DCM bullseye matches, original configuration required), while the other three have been meddled with extensively by me to get them to their current state of operational perfection, so maybe the extra money does buy you something.

          Let me change my opinion. Probably up to about $2,000.00, you get pretty good value for your money over a factory gun IF you're the type who wants a nice trigger, tight lockup at the bushing and lower lugs, nice sights and front strap checkering. Maybe a little higher than $2K if you need to pay someone to meddle with, er I mean finesse your guns into the condition you desire.

          Of course, I also get to say I have a Les Baer pistol, and hand out sage advice on the internet about the merits of expensive semi-custom guns vs. factory guns, so there's that.

          Comment

          • #50
            fullspeed1
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1908

            Buy it, You won't regret it.

            Comment

            • #51
              bombadillo
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2007
              • 14810

              I'd look at a used Dan Wesson PM7 personally. Better build than both guns shown, and has a lot of semi-custom features not found on either. They are a quality weapon.

              Comment

              • #52
                fullspeed1
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1908

                Been there, done that......I should of bought the MC Operator to begin with.




                Comment

                • #53
                  San_Diego_Shooter
                  Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 181

                  I agree that a Les Baer would be sweet to own. And I went with my buddy to So Cal Guns a couple of years ago when he finally bought his first gun....wait for it...a Les Baer 1911. But, living here in Texas and participating in 3 gun matches, a standard 1911 won't cut it. Look up STI. A standard STI starts at $2500. I'm looking at a $4000 2011 (1911 with double stack mag, pick 9 mm or 40 or 45 ACP).

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    fullspeed1
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 1908

                    Crisp trigger, smooth slide action, A FRICKING RAIL, tight fit and well balanced all under $1200.....

                    Last edited by fullspeed1; 10-15-2015, 8:28 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Rocketman9mm
                      Member
                      • Aug 2015
                      • 289

                      Originally posted by asphaltcowboychip
                      I don't know if you need a 1911 with a rail, but this is a great deal in the market place. Granted I don't know the seller.

                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&highlight=trp
                      I was gonna buy this from him but he pulled it from the market Now I'm eyeing the MC Operator myself.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Mayor McRifle
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2013
                        • 7771

                        That.
                        Anchors Aweigh

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          GlockN'Roll
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 3782

                          1911 gun porn...

                          I can't look away...
                          Real Californian...

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            fullspeed1
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 1908

                            Originally posted by GlockN'Roll
                            1911 gun porn...

                            I can't look away...
                            Is there any other way??

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Chapped Hide
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 3901

                              Springers!
                              Last edited by Chapped Hide; 01-10-2018, 7:42 PM.
                              **** your feelings!

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                fullspeed1
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 1908

                                The MC Operator is a looker.....

                                [/URL]



                                My 1911 style family.....Springfields are great firearms.
                                Last edited by fullspeed1; 10-15-2015, 9:26 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1