Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 Mags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    AreWeFree
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 4558

    Originally posted by fritztkatt
    I personally use mec-gar 8rd. They haven't failed me at all. Oem for para-ord, and those were good so I got more. I have a ss chip mag which works flawlessly as well, but for the price, I like the mec-gar more. I've ran ball and jhp through them just fine.
    +1 for Mecgar. Damn they make great magazines, my 8rd 1911 mags have been flawless.

    I also have a few chip mccormick 8 rounders, mix of GI and power mags.. followers compressed/flattened after loading 8 rounds, one fails to lock slide.

    They still work and I'm still using them, but kinda bummed me out after countless positive recommendations.

    Comment

    • #47
      fritztkatt
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2015
      • 1061

      My chip shooting star works just fine, but it wasn't worth the price to me. Also no way to disassemble it for cleaning, looks welded. I usually use it for first round feeding on the range. No butt plate on it either.

      Comment

      • #48
        _TomT_
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2013
        • 3354

        Wilson ETM.

        Comment

        • #49
          Carcassonne
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2012
          • 4897

          Originally posted by jrpowell3
          The ones I have for my SA Milspec are worn out, which ones are the best replacement mags?

          From my observations, the Tripp and Metalform magazines are the best. I have not tried Mecgar mags yet, but if their 1911 mags are as good as their other mags, they should work great.


          .
          Last edited by Carcassonne; 08-04-2015, 9:50 AM.
          Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

          In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

          I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1