Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger LCP Recall

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    hoffmang
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2006
    • 18448

    Maybe they should have submitted them for the California Roster/drop test.

    It is an annoying side effect of all the new requirements added to the drop test. Without those, the LCP probably would have gone through drop testing and found this. In that particular case the California safe handgun roster lead to selling unsafe handguns...

    -Gene
    Gene Hoffman
    Chairman, California Gun Rights Foundation

    DONATE NOW
    to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
    Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
    I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


    "The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

    Comment

    • #17
      antarius
      Banned
      • Feb 2006
      • 239

      This is unfortunate, but Ruger did take the right steps in fixing their initial failure. They sent me a box, gave me a label and away it goes.

      That said; I will never buy another Ruger.

      This little LCP, while it looks great and the quality appears to be fantastic from the get-go... already rusted. Yes, I touched a HANDGUN and didn't wipe it down before putting it into a holster to carry as a backup. Two days later I pull it out and what do you know, rust on the barrel, breach and even some spotting on the slide itself.

      Completely unacceptable. I told Ruger and they said they would not replace them as it was my fault.

      I understand a rifle or a shotgun needing to be wiped down after a handling, but a handgun should -- by design -- be finsihed in a manner that prevents rust from touching. It is a handgun, afterall.

      Pathetic.

      Comment

      • #18
        SIGman Freud
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 877

        Originally posted by antarius
        This is unfortunate, but Ruger did take the right steps in fixing their initial failure. They sent me a box, gave me a label and away it goes.

        That said; I will never buy another Ruger.

        This little LCP, while it looks great and the quality appears to be fantastic from the get-go... already rusted. Yes, I touched a HANDGUN and didn't wipe it down before putting it into a holster to carry as a backup. Two days later I pull it out and what do you know, rust on the barrel, breach and even some spotting on the slide itself.

        Completely unacceptable. I told Ruger and they said they would not replace them as it was my fault.

        I understand a rifle or a shotgun needing to be wiped down after a handling, but a handgun should -- by design -- be finsihed in a manner that prevents rust from touching. It is a handgun, afterall.

        Pathetic.
        Antarius,

        I am sorry you had to experience all that. You just helped convince me to look into other options for subcompact ccw. Thank you, but again, I am sorry you lost out on the Ruger LCP.

        Comment

        • #19
          jolley
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 21

          I just sent my Ruger LCP back to get the recall problem fixed. I waited until they sent the prepaid box. Got the gun back in about 10 days. It feels like they put a stronger spring in it. Only other difference is when you put another clip in it, you have to push in the slide release button. Got a bb cap, and extra clip. They were out of the magazine extension, but said they will send it when it's available.

          Comment

          • #20
            818gtiguy
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 1061

            CLIP!?!?!

            Originally posted by jolley
            I just sent my Ruger LCP back to get the recall problem fixed. I waited until they sent the prepaid box. Got the gun back in about 10 days. It feels like they put a stronger spring in it. Only other difference is when you put another clip in it, you have to push in the slide release button. Got a bb cap, and extra clip. They were out of the magazine extension, but said they will send it when it's available.
            Put a clip in it??? Ohhh you are gonna get scolded for that....

            Comment

            • #21
              BunnySlayer
              Senior Member
              • May 2009
              • 992

              Originally posted by USMC_2651_E5
              Just got mine back today...It was gone for seven days. Would have been six if I didn't miss UPS. It came with the free mag, a free hat and an upgrade to the slide stop. I'm pleased not only with the LCP, but with the customer service.

              Morales, every gun has its purpose. It is tiny but it packs a punch for its size and is a great back-up pistol.
              First rule of a gunfight, have a gun...Jeff Cooper
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                bigcalidave
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Jan 2009
                • 4489

                I was just in a local shop where an Leo was picking up his new lcp. It was a great looking little gun ! I want one so bad ! Along with the little keltec too.
                ...

                Comment

                • #23
                  Ed_in_Sac
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 962

                  No just Ruger

                  Originally posted by goathead
                  there also having issues with there other poly autos i just got my p95 back after all most 3 months of being there. when i called they STATED there very backed up with a lot of broken guns
                  ALL the firearms mfrs are backed up because so many people are buying new guns. Sig, which is usually very good has been slow to even acknowledge repair requests my 1911 (I know...shoulda bought a Sprg).

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    bwhited
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 1947

                    Ruger has recalled many of its autos when they first come out.
                    The recalls are important but effect only a very small amount of people.
                    It is mostly an issue of Ruger wanting to make sure that they all work correctly.
                    I have owned more then one that were recalled and never had an issue with any.
                    The first one was the P85, I did send it in for the recall.
                    The last one was a mark III, I had the parts sent to me and they still have not been installed. No issues.
                    Rugers are an awesome firearm and a company that wants to take care of thier firearms.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      9mm+P
                      Junior Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 35

                      If your going to buy a .380 Auto, Ruger wouldnt be a great option to begin with. Sig, Walther and Beretta have a Greater and longer reputation for the .380

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        offshores
                        Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 115

                        Just curious on how you guys got this gun??? I'm assuming you all live in CA and I just looked at the list and the Ruger LCP is not on it. Are you guys LEO's?

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          thawein1856
                          Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 160

                          I'm not a LEO but was able to pick up up from a guy in hemet through a PPT. and Yes... it's a fun gun to have. =)
                          WEIN

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            capo689
                            Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 123

                            Originally posted by Ed_in_Sac
                            ALL the firearms mfrs are backed up because so many people are buying new guns. Sig, which is usually very good has been slow to even acknowledge repair requests my 1911 (I know...shoulda bought a Sprg).
                            I keep hearing this, and I hear it about ammo too. However, if you look at production levels from the publicly traded companies they are actually not producing that many more guns, I hear ammo is the same. Guys, this isn't a supply and demand problem, the demand may have risen but the supply chain hasn't adjusted. This makes no sense in a capitalist society, any other manufacturing business would have caught up long ago. Someone is limiting access.. the question is who and why. Wish the Main Stream Media gave a damn about news.
                            SAPERE AUDE

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              OutbreakPLZ
                              Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 332

                              is this even on the CA approved list?

                              i want one!
                              sigpic
                              @joshylife
                              lifting
                              film
                              indie tunes
                              WTB:S&W 500 4" or 2"

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                ke6guj
                                Moderator
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 23725

                                Originally posted by OutbreakPLZ
                                is this even on the CA approved list?

                                i want one!
                                Nope, not on the Roster, so those in CA that have them are either LE, or acquired in some other roster-exempt transfer.
                                Jack



                                Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                                No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1