Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Got a Rhino

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    TigerShark
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 751

    Originally posted by Kappy
    Total out the door was $1,100. I figure DROS of $25, tax of $75 (at 7.5%). That would place the original cost at $1,000. Since their site places them at $1,180, I figure I'm already getting something of a discount.
    I bought that exact gun in Sept 2014, the 4" White Rhino.
    You either got a smokin' deal or I got ripped. I paid $1185 OTD (gun, DROS, tax, conversions, everything).

    Comment

    • #77
      keep_ur_powder_dry
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 594

      Originally posted by johnny_boy02
      Colt Fanboi's are more annoying than Glock worshipers.
      I'm a man not a "boi". I am fully vested in Colt's if you disagree or are "anoid" buy Colt and see the light

      I want to say one word to you Benjamin, and I hope you are listening Plastics...there is a great future in plastics.-Mr. McGuire

      gb
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #78
        bigdaddy99
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 18

        Interesting design.

        Is the muzzle flip less than other revolvers due to the barrel being on the bottom or is there some other reason ?

        Comment

        • #79
          Dieter
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 88

          Originally posted by BigPimping
          Those are so cool. Like something from Robocop.

          Comment

          • #80
            Kappy
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2007
            • 5349

            Originally posted by elemenope
            I was using wrong terminology. They convert it to single action only. Apparently that goes away this year.
            Yeah... I figured they'd find a way to screw us even further. Well... Illegitimi non carborundum.
            Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

            Comment

            • #81
              Kappy
              Calguns Addict
              • Jul 2007
              • 5349

              Originally posted by bigdaddy99
              Interesting design.

              Is the muzzle flip less than other revolvers due to the barrel being on the bottom or is there some other reason ?
              I think that's most of it. It might also have to do with there being a tang over the grip? I can tell you this gun weighs less than my commander 1911, so it certainly isn't due to weight.
              Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

              Comment

              • #82
                Kappy
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2007
                • 5349

                OK... range report with .357 magnum:

                I was on range duty today, so I didn't get to fire more than 10 rounds. I think it was actually 8. I had some problems with my rounds. Note that this is specifically because they are my loads. Factory has had zero issues. I'm seating many of my primers too deeply. Thus, not all rounds went off.

                The real question is as to how .357 magnum loads handled. I'm not going to lie... there was some movement, but it was pretty light.

                I have range duty again next weekend, but I'll try to get some video afterwards.
                Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

                Comment

                • #83
                  fmunk
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 3896

                  Originally posted by Kappy
                  The real question is as to how .357 magnum loads handled. I'm not going to lie... there was some movement, but it was pretty light.
                  I've had mine since '12. Best way I can describe it is it's like 9mm in a semi-auto. Shooting outdoors in the dark just after sunset is a hoot.


                  FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    Capt1776
                    Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 215

                    I think it's awesome! Congrats on the new piece.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Kappy
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 5349

                      Originally posted by fmunk
                      I've had mine since '12. Best way I can describe it is it's like 9mm in a semi-auto. Shooting outdoors in the dark just after sunset is a hoot.

                      Even in daylight, I saw huge flashes.
                      Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Kappy
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 5349

                        Originally posted by keep_ur_powder_dry
                        ...and you could have had a Colt.



                        If beauty is in the eye of the beholder...schedule a visit to the optometrist



                        gb

                        Yes... I could have been just like everyone else. Same range bag, same car, same everything. But why? If I want a Colt, I can borrow one any day of the week. Or Ruger. It took me 5 years just to get my hands on a Rhino.
                        Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          saki302
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 7191

                          I picked up a 4" last year at riflegear.

                          The trigger is surprisingly nice. I un-SA'ed it myself (their gunsmith was busy that day), and I greased and cleane dup the internals while I was in there.

                          The DA pull is smooth- it feels a little un-revolver-like for those used to conventional revolvers- hard to explain, you just have to try it.

                          The pull does not stack up, and I found it easy to shoot good groups in DA the first time I had it out.

                          Felt recoil is a little less than a normal revolver. Not as dramatic as a Mateba though- those have 2/3 the recoil compared to a normal revolver shot side by side with the same ammo. The Rhino has less muzzle flip, but feels snappier if that makes sense.

                          -Dave

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            B.W.
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 785

                            I want one now after reading through this thread...
                            NRA Life Member
                            AA - Ammoholics Anonymous Lifetime Member

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              fmunk
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 3896

                              Originally posted by saki302
                              I picked up a 4" last year at riflegear.

                              The trigger is surprisingly nice. I un-SA'ed it myself (their gunsmith was busy that day), and I greased and cleane dup the internals while I was in there.

                              The DA pull is smooth- it feels a little un-revolver-like for those used to conventional revolvers- hard to explain, you just have to try it.

                              The pull does not stack up, and I found it easy to shoot good groups in DA the first time I had it out.

                              Felt recoil is a little less than a normal revolver. Not as dramatic as a Mateba though- those have 2/3 the recoil compared to a normal revolver shot side by side with the same ammo. The Rhino has less muzzle flip, but feels snappier if that makes sense.

                              -Dave
                              I think the snappiness is due to the short hard grip, and the weight distribution (all forward).


                              FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                elemenope
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2012
                                • 635

                                Here's mine:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1