Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Printing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Lady Ruger
    Member
    • Jul 2021
    • 370

    Originally posted by Mithrandir13
    I have had my Shield slide out onto the floor at Walmart and people assume it was a cell phone... people don't notice...
    WHAT?????????????????

    Comment

    • #32
      GetMeCoffee
      Member
      • Apr 2019
      • 435

      Originally posted by Mithrandir13
      I have had my Shield slide out onto the floor at Walmart and people assume it was a cell phone... people don't notice...
      Just because everyone else there tries on the bathing suits in the aisle, does not mean that you should!
      sigpic
      NRA Patriot Life Member, Benefactor
      CRPA: Life Member
      FPC: Member

      It's 2025. Mickey Mouse is in the public domain and Goofy has left the White House.

      Comment

      • #33
        Ishooter
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 911

        Try to wear a shirt that says "Gun Violence Prevention" from the anti-gun Brady organization and see if people still spot your ccw.

        Comment

        • #34
          xblax619
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2011
          • 871

          the only time someone called me put for printing was by a friend who was in LE. i was barely a month in to having my permit and was still in the try-this, try-that phase. he blatantly asked what my edc was, so i lifted my shirt to show my g26 aiwb. we were having our annual fantasy football draft and im certain no one else was even aware until he said anything even though i felt everyone could see my print as much as i could.
          sigpic
          Life member: NRA, CRPA, SAF

          Comment

          • #35
            youdontkillmoney
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2014
            • 51

            I spoke up when someone was "printing"

            Was at Venetian in Las Vegas (I believe hotels do not allow CCW but unless they find out they don't / can't say anything). Waiting at elevators to go up, saw a guy and his girl/wife. I caught a glimpse of his firearm under his jacket as he walked/ I mentioned to him he firearm was showing his firearm under his jacket as he moved and said the hotel could trespass him. He didn't seem appreciative and said something to the effect of "so what?!" His wife seemed concerned. Another reason to not print is someone mean spirited could see him on the casino floor and report him and cause him to have a horrible day with security and police all around him if they wanted, and kick him out of his room. I walked away from that thinking his level of immaturity and having a CCW (presumptively) don't go together. I was carrying too so I didn't care he had a firearm, at least I knew he had one and he didn't know I also had one since I never print.

            Comment

            • #36
              Irvine
              Senior Member
              • May 2014
              • 572

              I've never been told that I'm printing.
              I generally avoid apparel that has gun logos, but I will wear my USA flag caps, shirts, etc.

              My biggest problem is my grandkids hugging me... I have to keep my elbows down... my eldest grandson (14) now knows that I carry, he caught me once putting my holstered gun on...
              We also have a bunch of very close friends who also are huggers.... that was probably the one benefit of covid, they weren't hugging.

              Comment

              • #37
                morrcarr67
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2010
                • 15053

                40lbs ago I was carrying my P290rs in a Vedder LightTuck, witch is a tuckable holster. I would leave a little bit of my t-shirt out to cover the top of the clip, but not enough to cover all of it. I went to the OC Indoor Range to do a PPT. When I was at the counter and after I handed my CCW to the clerk for FSC exemption he asked if I was carrying. I said that I was and he said I thought I noticed a clip under your shirt. I'm not sure if he saw it before I handed him my CCW or if he looked afterwards. That's been the only time anyone has said anything to me.
                Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                Originally posted by Erion929

                Comment

                • #38
                  GlockN'Roll
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2015
                  • 3783

                  Posts in the thread confirm that while plenty of the people here are convinced that,

                  people don't notice or that they don't print are simply wrong.


                  Just because you haven't been outed for printing/carrying,

                  doesn't mean that you are the gray man you imagine you are...
                  Real Californian...

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    anonymous308
                    • Feb 2015
                    • 572

                    Originally posted by GlockN'Roll
                    Posts in the thread confirm that while plenty of the people here are convinced that,

                    people don't notice or that they don't print are simply wrong.


                    Just because you haven't been outed for printing/carrying,

                    doesn't mean that you are the gray man you imagine you are...
                    I would agree with this. Like a lot of things, the reality is probably somewhere in the middle. Those that think they have never been spotted probably have been at some point. On the other hand, those that think ?everyone knows? are probably not even noticed.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Mark49
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 1153

                      I think we the CCW crew may look harder for weapons because we are more curious.

                      I wear company shirts, Duluth trading long Tees. G-26 at 3:00 OWB.

                      I've been blessed by SBCSD CCW since 1983. With that said, I was working with our A/C contractor as he was climbing his ladder, I had no problem viewing his 4:00 concealed gun.

                      As others said, No weapons shirts for starters.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Brandqn
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2021
                        • 204

                        Originally posted by Mark49
                        I think we the CCW crew may look harder for weapons because we are more curious.

                        I wear company shirts, Duluth trading long Tees. G-26 at 3:00 OWB.

                        I've been blessed by SBCSD CCW since 1983. With that said, I was working with our A/C contractor as he was climbing his ladder, I had no problem viewing his 4:00 concealed gun.

                        As others said, No weapons shirts for starters.

                        Definitely, few people are looking and even fewer would assume the print is a gun. There isn?t much point in looking even for those of us who are aware since someone can present a lethal threat without a gun, and it?s more dangerous to assume they don?t have one anyway.

                        I was in a pawn shop with a family member and the owner had a full size 9mm 4:00 OWB, open carry (inside the store of course). Us three interacted face-to-face for about half an hour and they never noticed the gun until I mentioned it after we left.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Vinnie Boombatz
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2020
                          • 3036

                          My opinion is if you're wearing a shirt with a gun manufacturer's logo or some dumb gun-related slogan on it, then you're printing. This is why 99% of the time I won't wear a t-shirt that has a gun manufacturer's logo emblazoned on it.

                          If someone ever asks me if I'm carrying because I'm printing I'll just tell them it's my colostomy bag.

                          Switch that Sig Sour shift to a Biden/Harris shirt and nobody will give a fart if you're printing. Go one step further and drive up in a Prius and you're golden.
                          Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 04-30-2023, 5:54 AM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Vinnie Boombatz
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2020
                            • 3036

                            Originally posted by Brandqn
                            Anything under G19 size should be able to conceal without printing fairly easily. Play around with holster wings and wedges to get a good fit for your body. Posture also matters, if you hunch your back and stick your groin out nearly anything would print, not to mention making you look like a mark anyway lol
                            I cannot echo this enough! I'm on the taller side at 6'2" and weigh 200lbs, and hate to say that I don't have the best posture all he time, and absolutely notice that I print more if I don't exercise good posture. The benefit of getting my CCW is it's forcing me to have better posture!
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Sam .223
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 1576

                              I've had a friend tell me he could see my gun, but he also knew that i carried and was looking to see if I had it on me, but nobody out of the blue while out and about. I also never wear gun company clothing.
                              5.56: reach out and touch someone.
                              458 SOCOM: reach out and knock someone down.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                RANGER295
                                Administrator
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 4002

                                I have had someone comment once to me about carrying that noticed based on apparently printing. I posted it on here and got flamed for having a condescending attitude towards the guy. He kept talking about how he could not get a permit and was following me around the store trying to talk about guns. He seemed a bit slow.

                                I have noticed a few people printing but then again they were mostly people that either I know are likely to carry (off duty LEO's and such) or my attention was drawn to them by their attire... They were either wearing a firearms logo shirt or hat (like the OP) or they were dressed all tacticool. I have never noticed a "grey man" carrying but that is the point. I can look in the mirror and sometimes notice a bit of a bulge but it is indistinguishable from a phone under my shirt or something else on my belt. The only time it may print so much to catch the attention of an observant bystander is when I bend over to get something and the fabric stretches tight. Even at that, I am pretty careful about how I move. It just becomes a part of who you are at a point.

                                I have also been made by someone touching me physically. I have had a couple people make comments after giving me a hug. One time at an event at a church, my uncle noticed and accused me of not trusting God to protect us in church . He is a gun guy too so go figure.

                                Then today at church, the usher at the door gave me a pat on the shoulder and as his hand dropped off it hit the end of the but of my Sig P6 IWB at about 4:00 position. It hit hard because I felt it and I heard the sound of bone hitting so it must have been a knuckle or wrist bone or something like that. He did not say anything and I did not turn around or react.
                                "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                                ~Ben Franklin

                                159

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1