Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Printing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • anthracite
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2020
    • 996

    Printing

    Hi guys,

    I was working today, and while waiting for my client to show up I was chit-chatting with a gentleman who was also waiting for someone.

    He was polite, but caught me off guard when he nonchalantly asked me what I was carrying. I carry every day I leave the house, and I always practice my draw with what I am wearing before I leave as well as check to ensure I am not printing. While the gears were spinning in my head, he said he did not mean to call me out per se as it was not blatant, but since he carries himself he paid extra attention to me because I was wearing a Sig Sauer shirt.

    So my question to you all who carry: Have you ever been told you were printing? On the flip side, have you ever told someone they were printing? Or maybe you noticed someone printing, but did not say anything, reasoning?

    For the record, I appreciated the gesture. I was not able to thank him before both of the people we were waiting for arrived.
    Have any Real Estate and/or Mortgage related questions? Over 15 years of Residential, Commercial, Investment, Management, & Land Experience. Primarily help Veterans. Shoot me a PM.
  • #2
    NateTheNewbie
    Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 223

    I wonder if he'd have noticed if you weren't wearing the sig sauer shirt and then gone for the extra attention?

    Most people are not focusing their eyes on men's waistlines. Anything other than a tight fitting t-shirt conceals pretty well for me. I've only made one guy before and he was wearing a police-related jacket so go figure.

    Comment

    • #3
      Dan_Eastvale
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Apr 2013
      • 10773

      I currently carry a Smith Snubby OWB with an oversized non tucked shirt.
      A moderate bulge.
      But I’m sure nobody pays attention to me that close
      Especially at my age

      Someone checking you out?
      Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 04-23-2023, 9:13 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        JohnnyMtn
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2012
        • 1476

        First, I do not carry. I wish I could but I live in LA county.

        Second, I see guys carrying/printing quite frequently. I would say that I notice someone printing once every week or two. Now, I live in SCV and there are a lot of LEOs that live here so maybe that is who I notice and LEOs don?t worry much whether they are printing or not. Just a theory. But unless you are carrying some ultra compact or some 2? snub nose I really don?t see how people carry without printing.

        Comment

        • #5
          Bullets&Whitewalls
          Senior Member
          • May 2012
          • 2380

          I have never had anything said to me. But since I’ve carried I have noticed it on a couple people. I didn’t say anything because I felt the only reason I could see it is because now that I’m more cautious about what people may see with me I look for it with other people. It’s doubtful that I would ever say anything to anyone that I suspected was carrying simply because I don’t want to be the one bringing attention to them or myself. Also there are a few medical devices that could cause printing too and it may cause an in wanted response by mentioning it.

          Comment

          • #6
            9Cal_OC
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2019
            • 6703

            I haven’t been told but I’ve carried here and there.

            I think he may have looked cause if your shirt. Usually when I noticed gun patches or logos, I tend to look if they are carrying or if they make an effort to conceal better.
            Freedom isn't free...

            sigpic

            iTrader

            Comment

            • #7
              Munny$hot
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 3665

              I've seen my share of gang bangers printing and always call it in. I have also seen plenty of off duty guys print, but notice a badge next to their rig. If you want to stay out of the lime light use all the pro 2A gear when at the range or taking a class. I know plenty of skinny guys carrying full size pistols in skinny jeans and a T shirt that you can't tell they're carrying unless you're carefully looking for the very small details. Placing your belt buckle at the 9/10:00 and along with a wing that pushes the mag inwards helps a lot when carrying AIWB
              Can DI AR's run dirty?

              Palmetto State Armory Suppliers revealed

              "If it ain't stock, it don't belong on your Glock"

              Comment

              • #8
                ACfixer
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2012
                • 6086

                One guy in Victorville asked me once, but it was a guy I knew... Honestly I just don't think most people pay that much attention.
                Buy made in USA whenever possible.

                Comment

                • #9
                  JDoe
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 2433

                  I?ve seen one of my cop friends reveal the grip of his gun when he leaned over to hand someone something across the table. I?ve noticed people printing through their t-shirts, etc.


                  #Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
                  #Let?s go Brandon!
                  #FJB
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    vinny_land
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 3374

                    Never been asked about it. My answer if ever that time comes through...
                    "It's a colostomy bag"
                    "1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Mute
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 8595

                      No. Even people who know I'm carrying can't tell.
                      NRA Benefactor Life Member
                      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


                      American Marksman Training Group
                      Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        GlockN'Roll
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2015
                        • 3781

                        I had this conversation again recently at the local range.

                        The employees said that, they see people print all of the time, and not just those wearing gun shirts.

                        Everyone I know who carries, says the same thing, "nobody notices as the average person isn't paying attention" and/or "I've never had anyone notice (call me out)".

                        I 've seen plenty of people print, and not just at the range.

                        I won't ever call someone out as what, if any, benefit is it to me?

                        We just returned from a trip to Texas, and we saw more than a few guys printing...
                        Real Californian...

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Lady Ruger
                          Member
                          • Jul 2021
                          • 370

                          Originally posted by JohnnyMtn
                          First, I do not carry. I wish I could but I live in LA county.
                          LA County issues CCW's.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            twinfin
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 1273

                            I think those steeped in gun culture notice gun culture stuff. People that know nothing of firearms are the least likely to think "gun." There may be regional effects as well. Here in my gun friendly state and rural locale, lots of people carry open or concealed so even if noticed, it would be rather unremarkable and of little interest. On the other hand, my wife and I make a game of trying to spot concealed carriers while out and about.

                            Though I make a reasonable effort at discretion, where I am, people just don't care since being armed in public is a fairly regular thing. In a decade of of concealed carry, I've never been asked about my weapon.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Ned Ryerson
                              Member
                              • Jan 2021
                              • 135

                              Why do people seem to worry so much about printing? As long as your gun is covered, it’s legally concealed. Who cares if your gun is printing?

                              Do these same people go up to women and tell them that their nipples are printing and they better be careful or they could be arrested for public indecency?
                              Bing!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1