welcome to CG!!!
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
A bit late.
Collapse
X
-
-
Welcome!Stupid people; They're breeding.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Si vis pacem, para bellum
╠╦═╬ Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.Comment
-
WelcomeComment
-
Welcome to Calguns!
A lot of people will tell you to get a Ruger 10/22 and they are great guns. But also consider the Marlin Model 60.Originally posted by shollingSomeone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.Comment
-
Welcome and my choice these days for a 1st gun would be a bolt action.22
I would say that because at the ripe old age of 18 you are probably like most 18 year olds short of money.
.22 is still the cheapest ammo around, with a bolt action you will fire less ammo costing you less money and honing your shooting skills.
I would start off with iron sights and when you have had time to figure that out and have saved enough money then you should scope it and master that phase before moving on.
Be careful it is an addictive life style.Comment
-
Welcome Aboard!

....I will support and defend The Constitution of The United States of America...
Comment
-
Welcome Fox I hope you enjoy your new hobbie.
I would recommend a good quality bolt action .22 to start off with.
Learn the basics and shoot it relativly inexpensivly
Start off with Iron sights then progress to a quality optics and learn as you shoot.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,905
Posts: 25,152,975
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,753
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 32693 users online. 38 members and 32655 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment