Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Forum Speed...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    mcubed4130
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Mar 2007
    • 1239

    Originally posted by the86d
    Does the host being in Italy make it harder for subpenas to be executed?
    hahah... somehow Fremont, CA - is a long way from Italy... I am always amazed what GeoIP comes up with.

    -Michael
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

    Comment

    • #77
      Librarian
      Admin and Poltergeist
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 44691

      Originally posted by mcubed4130
      Nice to see our work is paying off.

      We are playing the "go through every single slow query with a debugger" and find how to make it go FASTER!!! :-)

      -Michael
      Would you look at thread merges? They seem to work, but just sit there without returning to me.
      ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

      Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

      Comment

      • #78
        Blake760
        Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 131

        Movin' now. Sweet
        sigpicΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

        Comment

        • #79
          LBDamned
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2011
          • 19040

          are we on the old version?

          sorry, I don't know tech talk - but I know the forum looks different (skins I think I've seen it referred as?)
          "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

          Comment

          • #80
            mcubed4130
            Vendor/Retailer
            • Mar 2007
            • 1239

            Originally posted by LBDamned
            are we on the old version?

            sorry, I don't know tech talk - but I know the forum looks different (skins I think I've seen it referred as?)
            We did not change the major version of the Forum.

            Skins are the same on my end... Course I'm old school and selected the "Calguns 1.0" in the very bottom left side of this screen.

            -Michael
            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

            Comment

            • #81
              Kestryll
              Head Janitor
              • Oct 2005
              • 21614

              Originally posted by LBDamned
              are we on the old version?

              sorry, I don't know tech talk - but I know the forum looks different (skins I think I've seen it referred as?)
              As part of the effort to optimize and streamline CGN to deal with the recent slow downs and crashes due to a huge spike in traffic and new members I have set the default style for the forum back to the more vanilla original (1.0) style.

              The 1.1 style is somewhat more server intensive do to many of the plug-ins and social media links/tie-ins. I am hoping that by minimizing these various plug-ins and links we can lessen the load on both the app server and the db server.

              If you really like the 1.1 skin it is still available by scrolling down to the lower left corner of the page and using the style selector.
              NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
              Calguns.net, LLC. - Owner.
              The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
              DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CRPA AND CRPAF NOW!
              Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net or CRPA.

              Comment

              • #82
                odysseus
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2005
                • 10407

                Always have been a 1.0 man here myself...
                "Just leave me alone, I know what to do." - Kimi Raikkonen

                The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
                - John Adams

                http://www.usdebtclock.org/

                Comment

                • #83
                  LBDamned
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 19040

                  thanks for the response Kes... site is moving nicely and I have no problem with 1.0

                  I'm a fan of grass roots and although I'm not apposed to progressive change (as in 1.1 +) I tend to favor less frills and more substance... I realize part of frills includes advertizing and growth - but I hope it continues on the path I've seen - nothing worse than a good thing getting too big and crumble

                  On the other hand, I also favor capitalism - so I wouldn't fault you if a conglomerate offered a fat check to buy the site (I'd be happy for you, but selfishly I hope it doesn't happen).
                  "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    LBDamned
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 19040

                    are the gremlins back?... Site is extremely slow tonight (and intermittently last 24-48 hours)...
                    "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Capybara
                      CGSSA Coordinator
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 15670

                      Very much appreciate everything you do Kes, the site is an amazing resource. But it has been very slow and double and triple posts seem to be back in style. Hopefully we can resolve this, makes the site pretty difficult to use.

                      Since the panic set in, I have been kicking a lot of firearms friends to get their rears onto Calguns and get educated and in the fight, but I hear the same comments from them, "wow, the site is really bogged down"
                      NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        mcubed4130
                        Vendor/Retailer
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 1239

                        About 4AM today - a new set of software updates were loaded; designed to smooth out the previous - fast - slow - fast - slow problems. Now it should be consistently fast or consistently slow :-)

                        -Michael
                        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          LBDamned
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 19040

                          Problems again?

                          Are we having problems again today?...

                          very slow loading... all other sites I'm on are blazing - so I know it's not my end.

                          I read in another thread that there were massive DoS attacks (didn't know if he was being facetious though).
                          "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            TRICKSTER
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 12438

                            Originally posted by LBDamned
                            Are we having problems again today?...

                            very slow loading... all other sites I'm on are blazing - so I know it's not my end.

                            I read in another thread that there were massive DoS attacks (didn't know if he was being facetious though).
                            Ditto.


                            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Slugz
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 521

                              Yeah this forum is having some issues.... ive spent the last 30 minutes trying to navigate 4 different pages within the site. getting to my inbox, back to my CP, to my post in the "for sale" section, and back again took nearly 30 mins. Incredibly slow load times had to happen the one time I have something for sale on here and 5 different people to respond to > : ( lol

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                ReferJohn
                                Junior Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 90

                                Originally posted by LBDamned

                                I read in another thread that there were massive DoS attacks (didn't know if he was being facetious though).
                                Not suprised Dos,DoJ ,Hls even that devil looking RANDOLPH OBAMA
                                sigpicGOD,GUNS,BAGGERS AND BEER

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1