Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M&P Shield Pre-order

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    ifilef
    Banned
    • Apr 2008
    • 5665

    Originally posted by LBDamned
    no and no.

    I wanted to switch the mag release but the cutout is different on the right, so it can't be inserted that way... the safety is just a no go all together.

    I suppose you could alter/modify/notch the mag release opening and try to make it work, but I wouldn't.

    Thank You.

    Comment

    • #32
      vintagedude88
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2034

      Originally posted by gr8dragon88
      I'm told Turner's wont' be getting these until June 2013...
      Originally posted by ElDub1950
      Beginning to seem like it will be 2014 before we can expect to find them on the shelf for the general public. It will take more than 6 months for LGSs to fill backorders

      I haven't checked ... are these readily available at most places to be SSEd? Or is there a long wait even for that?

      We might as well start a rumor that Glock will have their single stack 9mm model available in 2013. If we spread the rumor enough, maybe Glock will do it
      Gosh! Like we all haven't learned our lesson the last time from that KSG debacle.

      Comment

      • #33
        SemperFlexibus
        Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 126

        Keltec is having a major production problem. They are not shipping much firearms at all, let alone KSG which has issues.



        S&W is going to start manufacture CA version of the Shield this month and is a much larger company than Keltec.

        Good things come to those who wait...
        ""We the people" tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." - Ronald Reagan - Farewell address (1989)

        "I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)

        Comment

        • #34
          1st2fight
          Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 123

          i've been looking for a keltec sub2000 and it's almost impossible unless i'm going to pay double plus import fees...

          someone should make keltec an offer to buy them out...
          Last edited by 1st2fight; 12-03-2012, 1:27 PM. Reason: pst
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem." - Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985.

          Comment

          • #35
            vintagedude88
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 2034

            Originally posted by SemperFlexibus
            Keltec is having a major production problem. They are not shipping much firearms at all, let alone KSG which has issues.



            S&W is going to start manufacture CA version of the Shield this month and is a much larger company than Keltec.

            Good things come to those who wait...
            Hence no need to throw money out there for something that doesn't exist yet. I don't mind waiting because I don't care to be first one to have it.

            Like you said, S&W is a much larger company, so there should be no doubt that they'll eventually deliver. There will be plenty after the first deliveries and maybe even some sales to maintain interest throughout the end of next year.

            Comment

            • #36
              slowxturtle
              Member
              • Apr 2006
              • 251

              Are they still taking pre-orders for the Shield? I would be going to Pasadena.

              Comment

              • #37
                ifilef
                Banned
                • Apr 2008
                • 5665

                As a left-handed shooter, and already owner of a few 9mm, including one containing an ambidextrous mag release and thumb safety, which I enjoy, I can not find any justifiable reason for getting one of these, other than to serve as a 'luxury' or 'impulse buy' with an inordinate waiting period.

                Comment

                • #38
                  wilafur
                  Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 467

                  Originally posted by slowxturtle
                  Are they still taking pre-orders for the Shield? I would be going to Pasadena.
                  i asked today at the torrance store and, no, they are not taking anymore pre-orders.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    slowxturtle
                    Member
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 251

                    They were at the Pasadena store last week when I checked in person but I decided to pass because the delivery date was unknown.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      keith1911
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 1297

                      Well I just got an email from Turner's head buyer and the word is now we might see them by April. This is complete crap in my opinion and S&W should be ashamed of themselves and their poor customer service. They have introduced and delivered new M&P models since our order has been taken.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Guerrilla Warfare
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 505

                        Originally posted by keith1911
                        Well I just got an email from Turner's head buyer and the word is now we might see them by April. This is complete crap in my opinion and S&W should be ashamed of themselves and their poor customer service. They have introduced and delivered new M&P models since our order has been taken.
                        Thanks for the info! Meanwhile, I may just get the full sized M&P9
                        Proud grandson of a WWII Filipino Guerrilla Veteran
                        Constitutionally Conservative Independent Voter


                        Comment

                        • #42
                          joshs10extreme
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 40

                          you will have better luck finding the regular 9. THey supposedly have not even completed the build on the shield.
                          live free


                          Proud NRA Member

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            LBDamned
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 19040

                            Originally posted by joshs10extreme
                            you will have better luck finding the regular 9. THey supposedly have not even completed the build on the shield.
                            what do you mean? "regular 9" as in full size or compact? Or as in non-CA?

                            And when you say "they haven't completed the build on the shield", what exactly are you saying? The Shield has been out for a long time (many of us have one)... and there are photos of the CA version (so it has to have been "built").

                            I'm just not understanding your post.
                            "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1