Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M&P Shield Pre-order

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    viet4lifeOC
    Veteran Member
    • May 2010
    • 4888

    Anyone have news on the Turner's M&P Shield preorder?

    I fully paid for the Shield, but was really hoping to see it in October, but today's the last day.

    If it's not here, then can I get a full refund for a gun that's hasn't been delivered as advertise. I might just shell out to get the non-CA Shield if I can find one.

    thanks

    Comment

    • #17
      monk
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 4454

      Originally posted by viet4lifeOC
      Anyone have news on the Turner's M&P Shield preorder?

      I fully paid for the Shield, but was really hoping to see it in October, but today's the last day.

      If it's not here, then can I get a full refund for a gun that's hasn't been delivered as advertise. I might just shell out to get the non-CA Shield if I can find one.

      thanks
      IIRC their policy says that you can get a full refund since you haven't DROS'd anything. Once you DROS they require a restocking fee.


      NRA Member
      SAF Member


      A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.

      Comment

      • #18
        viet4lifeOC
        Veteran Member
        • May 2010
        • 4888

        Originally posted by monk
        IIRC their policy says that you can get a full refund since you haven't DROS'd anything. Once you DROS they require a restocking fee.
        Thank you.

        I would prefer to buy it at Turner's, but would like an honest time of arrival so I could make a decision.

        Comment

        • #19
          ifilef
          Banned
          • Apr 2008
          • 5665

          What does the 9mm come with? How many mags and what is capacity of each mag?
          Last edited by ifilef; 10-31-2012, 1:45 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            ElDub1950
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2012
            • 5688

            Originally posted by ifilef
            What does the 9mm come with? How many mags and what is capacity of each mag?
            7 & 8 rnd mags

            Comment

            • #21
              ifilef
              Banned
              • Apr 2008
              • 5665

              Originally posted by ElDub1950
              Thanks for answer and the link.

              Also wondering if the thumb safety can be moved to the right side, and whether the mag release can be moved over to right side, for left-handed shooters?
              Last edited by ifilef; 10-31-2012, 2:09 PM.

              Comment

              • #22
                viet4lifeOC
                Veteran Member
                • May 2010
                • 4888

                Just spoke to a manager at Turner's Fountain Valley.

                He said S&W will start producing the Shield in December and expect to receive the Shields in January 2013.

                Argh

                Comment

                • #23
                  ikeo
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 187

                  @keith and Arkin - my apologies, I was not talking about the shield... I had preordered another item and I'm in the same boat.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    LBDamned
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 19040

                    Originally posted by ifilef
                    Thanks for answer and the link.

                    Also wondering if the thumb safety can be moved to the right side, and whether the mag release can be moved over to right side, for left-handed shooters?
                    no and no.

                    I wanted to switch the mag release but the cutout is different on the right, so it can't be inserted that way... the safety is just a no go all together.

                    I suppose you could alter/modify/notch the mag release opening and try to make it work, but I wouldn't.
                    "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      keith1911
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 1297

                      ikeo No problem, I've been looking for one and calling some other shops but none can get any so If someone knew of a place I was going to check them out.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        saber
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 696

                        Does anyone know if the pre-order is still open?

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Ricky-Ray
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 3161

                          I was at the Pasadena store on Sunday and the sign was still up saying taking pre orders.
                          Ray

                          "If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            gr8dragon88
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2010
                            • 509

                            I'm told Turner's wont' be getting these until June 2013...
                            "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton, Letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton (1887)

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              perpetual otter
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jul 2007
                              • 5093

                              Originally posted by gr8dragon88
                              I'm told Turner's wont' be getting these until June 2013...
                              LoL WTF?

                              Might as well start looking for those SSEs!
                              I provide opinions...
                              At a rapid rate.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                ElDub1950
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 5688

                                Beginning to seem like it will be 2014 before we can expect to find them on the shelf for the general public. It will take more than 6 months for LGSs to fill backorders

                                I haven't checked ... are these readily available at most places to be SSEd? Or is there a long wait even for that?

                                We might as well start a rumor that Glock will have their single stack 9mm model available in 2013. If we spread the rumor enough, maybe Glock will do it
                                Last edited by ElDub1950; 12-02-2012, 10:42 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1