Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What Women Want

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    savannah
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 1142

    I shoot a lot too, bug. Went out yesterday and put 100 rounds through my 9mm then took my hubby's 22 and put 50 rounds through that then moved to the AR. I really need help. :-D




    I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown

    Comment

    • #32
      Bugguts
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 1286

      That's why I love my range bag. It limits me to 250rds that are in my cases and then 60rds in the XD mags and 48rds in the Sig mags. Once I run through that, then I am done. LOL

      Comment

      • #33
        savannah
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 1142

        What range bag are you using. I was looking at a Voodoo XL




        I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown

        Comment

        • #34
          Bugguts
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 1286

          It is the tangerine camo one from Gun Goddess. I'm not a fan of pink but this one just screamed my name.

          It holds everything I need. Ears, eyes, ammo, mags(18 mag slots), wipes, etc.







          My husband liked it so much that I had to order him one but he got it in digital camo.

          Comment

          • #35
            savannah
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 1142

            Love it! It is similar to the one I am looking at, but yours is brighter. I like!



            I like the drab or green.




            I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown

            Comment

            • #36
              BonnieB
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 1969

              See? this is why we have the Women's Forum !!

              I've been a little unhappy with my range bag, because it seems a little too small.

              When I looked a Bugs's orange camo range bag on Gun Goddess, I discovered that I was packing my Scorpion bag all wrong, (boxes of ammo and empty mags, hard pistol case instead of zipper rugs, you name it. It just never ocurred to me to load mags at home and carry them full to the range. Dumb like rocks.

              So, I'll try packing it differently and see how it goes. I think the colored ones are better, even though I'm a neutrals girl myself. The tactical boys might to too tempted by the digital camo...

              But I still got no White Knight to buy me ammo. Bummer.
              Last edited by BonnieB; 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM.
              WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY

              Comment

              • #37
                Bugguts
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2012
                • 1286

                I'll have to take pictures of my bag packed. I put my ammo boxes in each end pocket and the insert comes out with the mags in it. I usually put that on the bench while I am shooting and the bag down on the ground. with the pistol inserts in it.

                One of the reasons I got the tangerine one was so it was distinctive and I am the only one at the range with that one so if someone is seen with it, the guys know it is probably not theirs. LOL

                Comment

                • #38
                  movie zombie
                  Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 14644

                  i just wish we had an area where the info re all the "products" we women like could be cached for future reference..........
                  "The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
                  Originally posted by The Shootist
                  Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    masameet
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 4487

                    Originally posted by movie zombie
                    i just wish we had an area where the info re all the "products" we women like could be cached for future reference..........
                    Start a new thread, mz?
                    x

                    "Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
                    They've need to show that they can think at all;
                    Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
                    He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      movie zombie
                      Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 14644

                      Bug did it! if we get some momentum, perhaps we can get it as a "stickie" at the top of this forum!
                      "The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
                      Originally posted by The Shootist
                      Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        BonnieB
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 1969

                        Yaayyy! More shopping ! And Christmas is coming.

                        I wonder if the family would be upset if I bought ammo for Thanksgiving instead of a turkey?
                        WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          masameet
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 4487

                          x

                          "Let those find fault whose wit's so very small,
                          They've need to show that they can think at all;
                          Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;
                          He who would search for pearls, must dive below." -- John Dryden

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            BonnieB
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 1969

                            New item on our shopping list, ladies. Gun Totin Mama's sells concealed carry handbags, but they also sell just the shoulder straps, re-inforced with cable.



                            Cable can't be cut or torn, so I think you could add it to an existing handbag just for safety or if you have a way to use it for concealed carry.

                            This sounds like a great investment to me.
                            Last edited by BonnieB; 10-12-2012, 12:31 PM.
                            WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              onequickshift
                              Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 466

                              Originally posted by BonnieB
                              Bummer, no brother?

                              You guys are lucky to have such Handsome Hubbies, and I'm sure you give as good as you get.

                              Good maintenance counts, whether it's guns, cars or SO's.
                              He almost blew a head gasket when 7 BCM uppers showed up, and I was hording a few lowers I bought in bulk

                              Then I said sure sure go get your new 870 Extac, 2 new complete lowers, a M&P, then surprising him at the Sema Autoshow with a new Sportster, Special Mustang, and a custom Snap On tool box, a few of his industry artist friends did art on secretly on the side lol. Still waiting on custom helmet, tool saddle, a bomber jacket having made in TX.

                              Hes still kinda pissed got an IP5 for the little minion and I :P

                              It is hard to find such guys that are tuned in to the same things we like, but they are out there just wait till Riflegear has sale before Black Friday lol.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                BonnieB
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 1969

                                Here is a hilarious video by Bill Burr, on " I gotta get a gun !". Totally irreverent, totally hilarious riff on your first trip to the gun store. Posted on the Women's Forum for the Calguns women and men.



                                Here's a tip of the hat to member Hermosa Beach, who posted it originally, or at least where I saw it the first time.

                                Burr also does some funny routines, on the same You Tube page on women and life that you may get a kick out of.


                                (Warning: bad language, some profiling, pot shots at women etc.)
                                Last edited by BonnieB; 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM.
                                WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1