Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo choice to help with limp wrist issue?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    grantar2
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 3581

    Originally posted by ConstitutionallyConscious
    I wouldn't worry about the recoil to much. In my own testing I find the 115gr jhp and 147gr +P HSTs were indistinguishable. I mixed them up randomly in a mag and could not tell the difference. 5 & 5. Neither could my wife. This was not in a large handgun either. I thought I could notice the diffance before mixing them big time. All in our heads imo. But on the other hand. Some guns are just very sensitive to lr. My g34 seems to LR no matter what what my wife does. And I can't even force a LR out of It. Her USPC 9 cannot be limp wristed by her or myself.
    You bring up a good point. The often over looked design difference between the Glock, and may other pistols patterned on the 1911 egronomics (these include Ruger SR9, S&W M&P platforms) is the grip angle to bore axis. For most people who don't learn to shoot on the 1911 platform, the Glock is a more naturally pointing weapon, but not for everyone. This may be a case of trying the same ammo in a couple of different brands of gun to see if that makes a difference.

    Comment

    • #17
      grantar2
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2014
      • 3581

      Originally posted by Curious1
      Thanks for all of the feedback. I'm now confident this will not be a problem. But won't know for sure until we get to the range next weekend and can test one-handed with the heavier +P round with the light attached. But from all that has been said above, I would be surprised if the issue recurs when using the defensive rounds.
      If you have the opportunity, you might see if there is a local IDPA match in your area. You don't have to worry about being competitive, the various scenario's will give you a great place and chance to practice, one handed shooting, off hand one handed shooting as well as moving and shooting.

      Lots of fun, and a great way to prepare yourself as a CCW, and learn what you don't do well so you can work on it.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1