Fellow FFL holders, I've been hearing that there is a new law that is set in Jan. 14' that states in order to purchase non roster handguns, LEO's need a letter from the department..... Is this true?!?!
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Off roster purchase
Collapse
X
-
Off roster purchase
Tags: None -
No new law but some ambiguity in the new DES/DROS manual:
Jim
sigpic -
In another thread, I asked the same thing. I called PORAC to see if they knew about it.
The new PORAC president called me back. He told me that their legal experts
say that the requirement to have a letter to purchase an off roster gun is the law!
I told him I thought they might be wrong. That the law had not changed but DOJ dealer regulations said it had.
His response to me was that I should research the laws and regulations and send the info to him so they could look at it.
After thinking about it for a while, I decided that if PORAC wants to dispute it with DOJ, they should do the research on the subject.
Based on what I can see the bill that would have made this the law did not get signed into law.Comment
-
take a look at the DOJ firearms site under "archive" the first topic deals with this and the AG has said effective immediately no letter is required to buy high cap mags or off roster guns by CA leos. http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/exemptpo.NRA Life MemberComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,535
Posts: 25,148,742
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19227 users online. 120 members and 19107 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment