Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Off roster purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • drewXD/G23
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 113

    Off roster purchase

    Fellow FFL holders, I've been hearing that there is a new law that is set in Jan. 14' that states in order to purchase non roster handguns, LEO's need a letter from the department..... Is this true?!?!
  • #2
    halifax
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 4440

    No new law but some ambiguity in the new DES/DROS manual:

    Jim


    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      DEPUTYBILL
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 875

      In another thread, I asked the same thing. I called PORAC to see if they knew about it.
      The new PORAC president called me back. He told me that their legal experts
      say that the requirement to have a letter to purchase an off roster gun is the law!
      I told him I thought they might be wrong. That the law had not changed but DOJ dealer regulations said it had.
      His response to me was that I should research the laws and regulations and send the info to him so they could look at it.
      After thinking about it for a while, I decided that if PORAC wants to dispute it with DOJ, they should do the research on the subject.

      Based on what I can see the bill that would have made this the law did not get signed into law.

      Comment

      • #4
        Hard_2_Kill
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 71

        take a look at the DOJ firearms site under "archive" the first topic deals with this and the AG has said effective immediately no letter is required to buy high cap mags or off roster guns by CA leos. http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/exemptpo.
        NRA Life Member

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1