Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for a local FFL? Click here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • B.D.Dubloon
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4873

    Im looking for a Salinas area ffl to receive a rifle if like to but online. Figured I'd check on here if any calgun ffl is interested. Ill need a few boxes of 6.5 at the same time. Thanks

    Comment

    • GoldenStateArms
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2018
      • 9

      Golden State Arms
      788 E Alosta Ave
      Azusa, CA 90036

      info@goldenstatearms.com

      Comment

      • butlers
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 754

        Originally posted by chrish4ku
        I used UG Imports for some interstate intrafamilia transfers - I live in San Leandro. Guys made it smooth and easy. Soon to have my gifts in hand.
        Cannot give them enough praise. I've done quite a number of PPTs over the past few years, and the one at UG Imports was the easiest/quickest (all of 15 minutes).

        They're not a traditional store-front (business is done by appointment only -- email, don't call), but they're a class-act through and through.

        FYI, they charge $50 FFL transfers, and $0 for ammo transfers.
        "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." William Francis Butler (not Thucydides)

        Comment

        • Toyota85
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2011
          • 28

          Looking for an FFL in the Kern county area. I am looking to order a single action revolver online. Thanks for any help
          Last edited by Toyota85; 10-11-2018, 8:26 PM.

          Comment

          • kemasa
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jun 2005
            • 10706

            Originally posted by Toyota85
            Looking for an FFL in the Kern county area. I am looking to order a single action revolver online. Thanks for any help
            You might check to see if Ten Percent Firearms is close enough to you.
            Kemasa.
            False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

            Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

            Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

            Comment

            • CharlesV
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 733

              Are all transfer fees created equal? If I buy from Budsgunshop out of state and they ship to a local FFL, is that the same as any other transfer, like family?
              Slim River Carry Slings for Henry AR-7

              Comment

              • kemasa
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jun 2005
                • 10706

                Originally posted by CharlesV
                Are all transfer fees created equal? If I buy from Budsgunshop out of state and they ship to a local FFL, is that the same as any other transfer, like family?
                The only FFL fee which is limited, by law, is the CA PPT where both parties go to the same FFL to do the transfer. A CA to CA intrafamilial transfer by means of the form is $19, but no FFL is required.

                All other FFL transfer fees depends on what the FFL chooses to charge, which can vary from very low to very high. I think the highest I have heard of is $200 from a FFL who really didn't want to do transfers, but wasn't honest enough to just say it and refuse, and the lowest is free from those who don't value their time as they really are not in business.
                Kemasa.
                False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                Comment

                • CharlesV
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 733

                  Originally posted by kemasa
                  The only FFL fee which is limited, by law, is the CA PPT where both parties go to the same FFL to do the transfer. A CA to CA intrafamilial transfer by means of the form is $19, but no FFL is required.

                  All other FFL transfer fees depends on what the FFL chooses to charge, which can vary from very low to very high. I think the highest I have heard of is $200 from a FFL who really didn't want to do transfers, but wasn't honest enough to just say it and refuse, and the lowest is free from those who don't value their time as they really are not in business.
                  Ok thank you. What I was getting at is, does the average FFL have a schedule of charges for different kinds of transfers? Is a local PPT transfer treated the same as a gun shipped from an auction house in NY as to charges? Does a gun being transferred from a FFL in Florida generate the same charge as an FFL in CA? When I see that a CA FFL says he charges "$40 for a transfer," is it meant that the $40 applies to any kind of transfer for which he would be charging the first dollar?

                  By the way, on your FFL List, you have the old owners at 2AZone. Hasnt there been a change of ownership there?
                  Slim River Carry Slings for Henry AR-7

                  Comment

                  • kemasa
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 10706

                    Originally posted by CharlesV
                    Ok thank you. What I was getting at is, does the average FFL have a schedule of charges for different kinds of transfers? Is a local PPT transfer treated the same as a gun shipped from an auction house in NY as to charges? Does a gun being transferred from a FFL in Florida generate the same charge as an FFL in CA? When I see that a CA FFL says he charges "$40 for a transfer," is it meant that the $40 applies to any kind of transfer for which he would be charging the first dollar?



                    By the way, on your FFL List, you have the old owners at 2AZone. Hasnt there been a change of ownership there?
                    For the most part there are two types of transfers, CA PPTs and everything else. For shipped firearms, it doesn't matter where it came from. A CA PPT is limited by law.

                    I have not been informed of any updates with 2AZone, I will have to check. People ask to be added, but rarely inform of other changes.
                    Kemasa.
                    False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                    Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                    Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                    Comment

                    • Agent Akin
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 564

                      Jamie and Sandra sold the 2A Zone and moved out of state some time back. The new owner started doing business last year (2018).
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                      "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

                      "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

                      Comment

                      • CharlesV
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 733

                        Ok, Kemasa, thank you, thats more clear and what I was looking for.

                        On 2AZone, maybe you can contact them here on Calguns and get the updated info.
                        Slim River Carry Slings for Henry AR-7

                        Comment

                        • SDM44
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 3903

                          Looking for a FFL in the Riverside area that's close to the 60 freeway, to do a PPT at.

                          Trying to meet somebody halfway from Indio and didn't want to get too far away from the freeway since it's already going to be a 1.5 hour drive for me each way (twice).

                          Any suggestions on a good one? The one I looked up seemed to have bad PPT reviews, but they were over 3 years old (nothing newer).

                          Comment

                          • CharlesV
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 733

                            Originally posted by SDM44
                            Looking for a FFL in the Riverside area that's close to the 60 freeway, to do a PPT at.

                            Trying to meet somebody halfway from Indio and didn't want to get too far away from the freeway since it's already going to be a 1.5 hour drive for me each way (twice).

                            Any suggestions on a good one? The one I looked up seemed to have bad PPT reviews, but they were over 3 years old (nothing newer).
                            Yes. You will have to maps-google to see if the location fits but Clyde is a A+ guy and has treated me well. You could email him your specific needs.

                            LIONHEART ENTERPRISES
                            6889 Karen Lane
                            Riverside, CA 92509
                            Phone: (951) 681-7560
                            email: lionheartent@aol.com Attn: Clyde
                            Slim River Carry Slings for Henry AR-7

                            Comment

                            • APAcademy
                              Junior Member
                              • Feb 2019
                              • 10

                              No recent posts in here about FFL's?? Guess I will be the first in a long time. I have noticed that many FFL's have either gone out of business or just disappeared any reason why?
                              sigpic

                              www.savelives101.com
                              (951) 435-1871
                              firearms@apaready.com

                              Comment

                              • ugimports
                                Vendor/Retailer
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 6251

                                Originally posted by APAcademy
                                No recent posts in here about FFL's?? Guess I will be the first in a long time. I have noticed that many FFL's have either gone out of business or just disappeared any reason why?
                                Probably the same reason any other business does.
                                Income < Expenses
                                UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                                Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                                web​ / email / vendor forum

                                I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                                Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1