Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need advise about working for a CA Gun retailer.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Librarian
    Admin and Poltergeist
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 44690

    Tut! and tut! again.

    4 posts deleted. Impolite disagreement? Let Us Not Do That.
    ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

    Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

    Comment

    • #17
      taperxz
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2010
      • 19395

      Originally posted by Yodaman
      Oh man, what does that mean? Like you shoot dogs for fun? Or was that a double entendre?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #18
        taperxz
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2010
        • 19395

        Originally posted by Librarian
        Yeah, since the point of gun store is, y'know, to sell guns, as an owner that would make sense.

        I was addressing a possible solution to giving poor advice on the laws, especially using "I don't know, but I think Bob over here can answer that" kinds of responses. Until, of course, Newb knows as much as Bob.

        Comment

        • #19
          kennymallory1
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2017
          • 568

          Comment

          • #20
            taperxz
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2010
            • 19395

            Comment

            • #21
              Yodaman
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 2749



              Did not know that. Thanks for clarifying.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #22
                hermosabeach
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19832

                Many places pay $10-$13/ hour.

                The big perk of working part time is getting some great employees only pricing from the manufacturer.

                Working full time in ca at $12/ hour does not let you buy much of anything
                Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                Comment

                • #23
                  ugimports
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 6251

                  Originally posted by hermosabeach
                  Many places pay $10-$13/ hour.

                  The big perk of working part time is getting some great employees only pricing from the manufacturer.

                  Working full time in ca at $12/ hour does not let you buy much of anything
                  Discounts will depend on where you work. For example, I knew one guy that worked at a shop (maybe full time?) that actually came to us to do transfers.. yes transfers..., because the shop he was at charged him full price (no employee discount) even if he did all the work himself. Not on the DROS fee, I mean they made him pay the full $100/$150 transfer fee to the store to process a transfer to himself. So he never dd it there..

                  I assume they didn't give full discounts on guns either if they are sucking out full transfer margins from their own employees, but I never asked..
                  UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                  Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                  web​ / email / vendor forum

                  I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                  Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Burbur
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 1258

                    Mental preparedness, on many levels:

                    Retail clerk pay starts at minimum wage and doesn't go up much. You will spend everything you make (and them some) in your side hustle. Better get a day job that pays well, as constantly being surrounded by guns, and "once in a lifetime opportunities" will drain you.

                    Don't make stuff up. It is OK to not have an answer for everything. If the question warrants an answer, get help, or just shut it down with "I don't know about that one, how about we talk about that widget you came here to buy." Remember, it is a store, not a free legal clinic.

                    You will get sick. Being face to face with people exposes you to every flu and cold of the season. Take care of yourself.

                    Robbery is real and mental preparation is mandatory. It might not be 7-11 in Compton real, but guns and cash deposits are big targets.

                    Culture. One has to ask pursue a job at a place he fits in. Do you have a store that you go to weekly, or more often? Do you hang out for hours? Do you get along with the owner/employees/other customers?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Eddy's Shooting Sports
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 1329

                      I may have missed it in the thread, but otherwise, showing up with your COE in hand makes a very good impression and shows that you are committed to working in this industry.
                      Greg David
                      Eddy's Shooting Sports
                      (650)969-GUNS

                      400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
                      Mountain View, CA 94043

                      www.eddysguns.com

                      Tue-Fri 12-7, Sat 11-5

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1