Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo Sales / Transfer on 1/1/2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Milsurp1
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2016
    • 3091

    Nope, was literally kicked out because of the perceived fifty limit.

    Comment

    • acespawnshop
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jun 2012
      • 2852

      I don't know what you are referencing here.
      Interstate Transfers $100 (DROS included with the price)
      Email acesjewelryandloan@hotmail.com if you need us to do a transfer!
      Or call 626-968-5900

      Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!

      Comment

      • Milsurp1
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2016
        • 3091

        I was wondering how many FFL dealers believe that there is a fifty (50) round limit on PPT ammo transfers (transaction at the FFl).

        Comment

        • shootsocal_dave
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Sep 2016
          • 1447

          Originally posted by Milsurp1
          I was wondering how many FFL dealers believe that there is a fifty (50) round limit on PPT ammo transfers (transaction at the FFl).
          500 limit. You sell more than 500 in a month and you need a ammo vendor license.
          ShootSoCal Firearms & Training.
          Gun Store, Training, Cerakote & Gunsmith


          Our Fullerton store is Open!
          714.242.5400 - Info@ShootSoCal.com
          10-6 Monday- Saturday, No Appointment needed.
          1139 S Placentia Ave Fullerton CA 92831

          Glock Optic Cuts Glock, M&P, Shield, CZ and 1911 Starting $125

          FFL TRANSFER $50 / Ammo $25

          We are hiring GUNSMITH position


          Factory Trained and Certified CERAKOTE Applicator.


          View our Online Gun Store here!

          Comment

          • gaberaynes
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2013
            • 852

            Originally posted by shootsocal_dave
            500 limit. You sell more than 500 in a month and you need a ammo vendor license.
            So this is the part that is confusing me(actually the whole damn thing is) but I am curious how the whole person to person works. If uncle joe has a box of 50 .357 he wants to sell does he have to go through ffl or just sell them since under 500rds for the month? Sorry if I missed it in the thread but as I was going through I was getting more confused.
            sigpic


            Building a 1911 with a rock in a Cavehttp://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=957081

            Comment

            • kemasa
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2005
              • 10706

              Originally posted by gaberaynes
              So this is the part that is confusing me(actually the whole damn thing is) but I am curious how the whole person to person works. If uncle joe has a box of 50 .357 he wants to sell does he have to go through ffl or just sell them since under 500rds for the month? Sorry if I missed it in the thread but as I was going through I was getting more confused.
              Ammo has to go through a dealer.
              Kemasa.
              False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

              Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

              Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

              Comment

              • edgerly779
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2009
                • 19871

                ^^^ Good luck. I went to addax becaise their website says 5 bucks no tax. When I got there they said no bulletin or info from doj on how they are to handle it. So we exchanged money for ammo and left. Oaktree does not do it. Do you do it Kemasa?

                Comment

                • ugimports
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 6251

                  Originally posted by edgerly779
                  ^^^ Good luck. I went to addax becaise their website says 5 bucks no tax. When I got there they said no bulletin or info from doj on how they are to handle it. So we exchanged money for ammo and left. Oaktree does not do it. Do you do it Kemasa?
                  We do it. We watch as the seller hands ammo to buyer. We never touch it since we're not required to at this time. I asked DOJ if I ever needed to actually touch the ammo and they said no. We just had to witness the transaction (assuming no age related issues).
                  UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                  Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                  web​ / email / vendor forum

                  I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                  Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                  Comment

                  • edgerly779
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 19871

                    OK then I guess we followed the law. Transaction was in front of ffl employee and he did not aslk for the 5 bucks.

                    Comment

                    • kemasa
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 10706

                      Originally posted by edgerly779
                      ^^^ Good luck. I went to addax becaise their website says 5 bucks no tax. When I got there they said no bulletin or info from doj on how they are to handle it. So we exchanged money for ammo and left. Oaktree does not do it. Do you do it Kemasa?
                      No, the city says no, but I can't get a valid reason from them other than their saying that they don't "feel" it is acceptable.
                      Kemasa.
                      False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                      Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                      Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                      Comment

                      • gaberaynes
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2013
                        • 852

                        Originally posted by ugimports
                        We do it. We watch as the seller hands ammo to buyer. We never touch it since we're not required to at this time. I asked DOJ if I ever needed to actually touch the ammo and they said no. We just had to witness the transaction (assuming no age related issues).
                        sigpic


                        Building a 1911 with a rock in a Cavehttp://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=957081

                        Comment

                        • ugimports
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 6251

                          No paperwork or fee required yet. I don't even count. Yes some for trade or gift.

                          Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          UG Imports - Fremont, CA FFL - Transfers, New Gun Sales
                          Closure Schedule: http://ugimports.com/closed
                          web​ / email / vendor forum

                          I AM THE MAJORITY!!!

                          Amazon Links Posted May be Paid Links

                          Comment

                          • Santa Cruz Armory
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 4357

                            Has anyone seen in the verbiage of the law (I haven't looked yet) if all transactions have to be at the licensed location? Our gun club has a swap meet and I'd like to be able to witness and trade ammo there.
                            WWW.SANTACRUZARMORY.COM

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1