Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Transfer of an incomplete firearm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Whiterabbit
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2010
    • 7599

    everything that goes through the FFL or everything?

    I order an AR-15 lower and 4 cans of alumahyde from Brownells. $50 for hte lower, $50 for the alumahyde. The lower goes through you.

    You are charging me tax on $50 or $100? The lower is worth more after I paint it (maybe this is a bad example, maybe better to say LPK), but I actually paid $50. But the reciept says $100. Even through I have to pay the FFL tax on what goes through the FFL.

    Your answers are straight forward, but they are tricky to apply to every case. Thus the constant switching from case to case. I don;t mean to be intentionally obtuse or challenging.

    Comment

    • #17
      kemasa
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2005
      • 10706

      Originally posted by Whiterabbit
      everything that goes through the FFL or everything?

      I order an AR-15 lower and 4 cans of alumahyde from Brownells. $50 for hte lower, $50 for the alumahyde. The lower goes through you.

      You are charging me tax on $50 or $100? The lower is worth more after I paint it (maybe this is a bad example, maybe better to say LPK), but I actually paid $50. But the reciept says $100. Even through I have to pay the FFL tax on what goes through the FFL.

      Your answers are straight forward, but they are tricky to apply to every case. Thus the constant switching from case to case. I don;t mean to be intentionally obtuse or challenging.
      Anything that goes through the FFL the FFL is responsible for the sales tax. Anything that goes straight to you, you are responsible for paying.

      You should place separate orders for what goes to you and what goes to a FFL. If there is just one invoice, then it can be an issue in proving that the items did not go through the FFL.

      I am not sure of why you say that the receipt says $100, but you only paid $50.

      If you are buying items and reselling, then you are a business and need to collect and pay the sales tax on what you sell.
      Kemasa.
      False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

      Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

      Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1