Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Secondary Employment
Collapse
X
-
Better or worsesigpicComment
-
Another way to look at it is the officers who complain the most about being so busy, answering so many calls, or writing so many reports. Those guys are usually the ones who aren't doing a damn thing. At least in my experience.
As to the OP. I have been considering working a second job on a once a week basis. Tried at a couple of gun shops given my prior retail exp. No luck so far. My department doesn't allow us to work security or bounce or anything like that anymore so it's kind of limited."Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt
Originally posted by rmorris7556They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.Comment
-
Why would they not let you work on your own time?sigpicComment
-
-
Have you considered working part time at the doughnut shop? just kidding.I've been toying with the idea of a second source of income. Granted I'm paid very well by my department and there is certainly money to be made in OT, but I try to bust my *** off when I'm working and the idea of handing out tickets or driving/standing around aimlessly to earn a few extra bucks doesn't appeal to me too much.
Any LEO's here work a second job or own their own business? I'd be interested in hearing about your thoughts and experiences.Comment
-
Try to live within your means. You have to also realize that your primary job is law enforcement. Too many people I work with are always tired and are always worrying about their part time job. I usually try not to work with them as a safety reason. Also, if you work for a larger department and something happens, people see deep pockets to sue in civil court. Don't forget the conflict of interest.Comment
-
Then there are the guys that are 5 minutes closer to the call than you but always get there 5 minutes after you do.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groupsComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,741
Posts: 25,151,033
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 13808 users online. 133 members and 13675 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

lol
Comment