Today a friend of mine told me that when he went in to a California Police Supply in San Diego (not sure which one) with his CA legal OLL AR the guy behind the desk told him that AWs with a magazine release that requires a tool to operate, ie the Bullet Button, are supposed to have the magazine in at all times unless the rifle is being reloaded or LEOs can seize the weapon/cite you/arrest you/perform miscellaneous voodoo/etc. I do not know in what jurisdiction he was referring to specifically or CA in aggregate, but is this true? I really don't feel like being rolled over this when I do everything else by the book. Thanks for your time.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Bullet-Button AR Magazine Question
Collapse
X
-
I support peace through superior firepower.
"Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.
Originally posted by rsrocket1Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot. -
That's what I told him, that there is no CA law stating as such, or further defining a tool as it pertains to AWCA, and that the only thing I could think of that might require you to keep a mag in would be local zoning legislation, which would be absolutely absurd.Guy Fieri wears GatorzComment
-
Common misunderstanding.
"Able to have a magazine attached" does not equal "Capable of accepting a detachable magazine"
But... this misunderstanding is so common that I do indeed transport my featured builds with a plain-jane 10 rounder locked in, bolt locked back, and dust cover open.
As soon as I arrive at my destination, the 10 rounder is dropped and I shoot with my 10/30s.- Rich

Originally posted by dantoddA just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,534
Posts: 25,148,726
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19665 users online. 119 members and 19546 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment