Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just completed the initial testing for CBP, have a question about age limits.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    BoJackUSMC
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2010
    • 7091

    sounds like how Okinawans treat US Marines in Okinawa. They hate us, but they need our money.

    Comment

    • #32
      Cpl. Haas
      Senior Member
      CGN Contributor
      • Dec 2006
      • 2098

      I got the results back from the exam I took on the 2nd... passed with a rating of 93. For those who have gone/are going through the process, how long should one expect to wait before hearing further?



      "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

      You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.

      Comment

      • #33
        Digital_Boy
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 910

        Update:
        Passed the test, taking the Artificial Language Test, with a score of 83. I was offered at GL-5 level, and received my tentative offer email Tuesday from OPM.

        Currently slogging through my OF-612 and OF-306 and all the other paperwork. Will be mailing them Monday. I want to take my time and double check EVERYTHING before I fire it off to Minneapolis Hiring Center.

        Only thing that bugs me: why do they call it the Minneapolis Hiring Center when it's in Fort Snelling?
        Originally posted by sierratangofoxtrotunion:

        Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

        Comment

        • #34
          Digital_Boy
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 910

          Originally posted by Axewound
          Good luck. I dropped 25 pounds in 13 weeks at Artesia. I was a fatty. Now I'm pudgy. Give it all you got. Yes you run in rain or snow. It's dry and there is a oil refinery next door. Yay the smell of oil while you run.
          You can drink your sorrows and pain away at the coyote pub or under a red roof.
          Stock up on Ibprofen. And hope that PT is the first thing of the day
          Question for you: how do they assign duty stations? Is it based on your stated preference in your application, or do they place you randomly or by some other decision making method?
          Originally posted by sierratangofoxtrotunion:

          Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

          Comment

          • #35
            Axewound
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 1260

            Both to be honest. My preference was CA and was offered Arizona or Texas. I chose AZ. I've had buddies offered CA and they took it. All luck of the draw and needs of the service. You can shoot me a PM if you guys have questions about stations when you get your offer
            Peace through superior firepower.

            liberals want my guns and conservatives want my porn, im not willing to part with either

            A man is a man his whole life, a woman is a woman until she becomes your wife.
            -Al Bundy

            Comment

            • #36
              Cpl. Haas
              Senior Member
              CGN Contributor
              • Dec 2006
              • 2098

              Congrats on getting your tentative offer so quickly! I take it you tested within their window for "early hiring consideration"?



              "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

              You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.

              Comment

              • #37
                Digital_Boy
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 910

                Originally posted by Cpl. Haas
                Congrats on getting your tentative offer so quickly! I take it you tested within their window for "early hiring consideration"?
                Thanks!

                Honestly, though, I don't know if I was placed in an early hire group, or what. Going by posts on the honorfirst.com board, my response time is about average for this batch of applications/tests. Perhaps it was due to my overall test score. I saw people who'd scored in the 90's on their test who got their notification of results and tentative offers within 2 weeks or so, where mine took 3 weeks.

                I took the opportunity to attend the Border Patrol open house today down at the Chula Vista station, and most of the agents I talked to indicated their total time from taking the written test to starting the academy was generally 3-5 months, with some needing 6-8 for medical or other reasons.

                I think the $600M Border Patrol bill is one of the big reasons they're moving so quickly right now. They've got an impetus to significantly increase manpower and other resources on the southern border.
                Originally posted by sierratangofoxtrotunion:

                Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Cpl. Haas
                  Senior Member
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 2098

                  Heh, yeah... $600mil for ~1,500 agents will certainly provide some hiring motivation.



                  "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

                  You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Big D
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 1070

                    axewound: The G-bar is closed now from what I hear

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Axewound
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 1260

                      The red roofs are better anyhow. I had never seen a blind bar tender until I went to the G-bar.
                      Peace through superior firepower.

                      liberals want my guns and conservatives want my porn, im not willing to part with either

                      A man is a man his whole life, a woman is a woman until she becomes your wife.
                      -Al Bundy

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Big D
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 1070

                        Hahaha I forgot about that!

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          meangreen46
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 603

                          Originally posted by Digital_Boy
                          Question for you: how do they assign duty stations? Is it based on your stated preference in your application, or do they place you randomly or by some other decision making method?
                          Like Axewound said...."The Needs of the Service". You're gonna get used to hearing that....alot. Typically, if you pick CA, you will get CA. You may not have a choice what station you get, but you will get CA. If they call you and offer AZ and you decline, they can't take you out of the process since you didn't pick AZ.
                          Last edited by meangreen46; 09-26-2010, 9:42 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            meangreen46
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 603

                            Originally posted by Axewound
                            The red roofs are better anyhow. I had never seen a blind bar tender until I went to the G-bar.
                            Ahhh....nothing like a random guy's finger in your pitcher of ice cold beer to see when to stop the flow.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Cpl. Haas
                              Senior Member
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 2098

                              I got my tentative offer email from OPM/MHC this morning... time to start filling out paperwork.



                              "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

                              You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                EM31
                                Junior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 67

                                I got my tentative offer email this morning, paper work time.
                                "Freedom isn't free"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1