Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just completed the initial testing for CBP, have a question about age limits.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Digital_Boy
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 910

    Just completed the initial testing for CBP, have a question about age limits.

    Originally posted by sierratangofoxtrotunion:

    Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
  • #2
    POLICESTATE
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2009
    • 18185

    What kind of physical fitness standards they got?
    -POLICESTATE,
    In the name of the State, and of the School, and of the Infallible Science


    sigpic


    Government Official Lies
    . F r e e d o m . D i e s .

    Comment

    • #3
      Corbin Dallas
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • May 2006
      • 6356



      First you need to schedule the interview and pass that. If you pass the interview, you'll send in your package and they will call you to schedule the PAT. Once you've passed the PAT they will start the BI and schedule a second PAT.

      And lastly, once you pass all the above, they will call you and let you know if you made it. Your background can continue while you are in NM.

      Good luck to you! I passed all but the PAT so far. (Asthma) So I'm now working on my aerobics in order to get past that point.

      There are a few others I know that are trying to get in and they are still in the loop. Once you pass your test, it's good for 3 years.
      NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO

      WTB the following - in San Diego
      --Steyr M357A1 357SIG
      --Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

      Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.

      Comment

      • #4
        Digital_Boy
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 910

        Originally posted by Corbin Dallas
        First you need to schedule the interview and pass that. If you pass the interview, you'll send in your package and they will call you to schedule the PAT. Once you've passed the PAT they will start the BI and schedule a second PAT.

        And lastly, once you pass all the above, they will call you and let you know if you made it. Your background can continue while you are in NM.

        Good luck to you! I passed all but the PAT so far. (Asthma) So I'm now working on my aerobics in order to get past that point.

        There are a few others I know that are trying to get in and they are still in the loop. Once you pass your test, it's good for 3 years.
        Noted. So once I get the first PAT (??) scheduled and passed, does that freeze the clock with regards to the applicant's age and eligibility under the federal retirement laws?

        I'm just concerned about going through all this interviewing and background checking, only to be told "sorry, but due to federal retirement laws, you're too old for this job" because the offer didn't get made before a certain day.
        Originally posted by sierratangofoxtrotunion:

        Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

        Comment

        • #5
          Cpl. Haas
          Senior Member
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2006
          • 2098

          Originally posted by Digital_Boy
          I just finished the logic based/artificial language and background experience tests held today at the Al-Bahr Shrine in Clairemont Mesa
          Not to go off-topic here, but what does the background experience test consist of? I'm taking the logical reasoning/ALT next Thursday...



          "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

          You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.

          Comment

          • #6
            Corbin Dallas
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • May 2006
            • 6356

            Originally posted by Digital_Boy
            Noted. So once I get the first PAT (??) scheduled and passed, does that freeze the clock with regards to the applicant's age and eligibility under the federal retirement laws?

            I'm just concerned about going through all this interviewing and background checking, only to be told "sorry, but due to federal retirement laws, you're too old for this job" because the offer didn't get made before a certain day.
            PAT = Physical Assessment Test

            From my understanding, passing the entrance exam freezes your age.

            You and I are in the same boat. I'm only a few months behind you in age.
            NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO

            WTB the following - in San Diego
            --Steyr M357A1 357SIG
            --Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

            Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.

            Comment

            • #7
              BigDogatPlay
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2007
              • 7362

              If you are turning 40 in 3 months, and don't have one of the exceptions that they list in the Q&A mentioned, you may be playing it kind of tight. If they don't make a job offer until after the background is completed you could easily be into next year. If passing the initial phase of testing freezes your age as is suggested above, then you'd be all right.

              Probably should get hold of a recruiter and run the scenario past them. If you are a really solid candidate they might try to hurry you through, but you need to get on it now.
              -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

              Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

              Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

              Comment

              • #8
                jkasandiego
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2007
                • 553

                I should have taken the test last week , i'm over the age limit but it was waived due to ex military and a disabled veteran, at the Shrine.
                Instead i accepted the Job offer from DoD.

                Hope you guys make it through the Academy.
                Seek Perfection of character, be faithful, endeavour, respect others and refrain from violent behaviour
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Digital_Boy
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 910

                  Originally posted by jkasandiego
                  I should have taken the test last week , i'm over the age limit but it was waived due to ex military and a disabled veteran, at the Shrine.
                  Instead i accepted the Job offer from DoD.

                  Hope you guys make it through the Academy.
                  Thanks. I hope I make it *to* the Academy as well.

                  Also, you can sign up and try again next time they open up applications.
                  Originally posted by sierratangofoxtrotunion:

                  Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    meangreen46
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 603

                    Originally posted by Cpl. Haas
                    Not to go off-topic here, but what does the background experience test consist of? I'm taking the logical reasoning/ALT next Thursday...
                    The background experience test is just a bunch of questions regarding your history, work, education, etc. It's a no brainer.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      meangreen46
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 603

                      Cal the Minneapolis Hiring Center and let them know your concerned about your age. You have to get a TO (Tentative Offer) letter before your birthday.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        meangreen46
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 603

                        Try this:Nhc-bpwr.Applicantinfo@dhs.govNhc-bpcr.Applicantinfo@dhs.govNhc-bper.Applicantinfo@dhs.gov



                        OR

                        BPA Entry Level DEU
                        Phone: (612)467-7027x1
                        Fax: (612)727-2222
                        Email: DEU.BPA.NHC@DHS.GOV

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          BoJackUSMC
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 7091

                          good luck on your CBP career. I am taking my written test exam this October. I been studying very hard for last three weeks. I feel very confident about this test because the study guide they sent me. I only missed 5 questions out of 60 I believe. I am going to keep on studying until the test date. They told me I will get additional 5 points for being a veteran so I am very happy about that. Every point counts. I just pray if I were to get hire by CBP, I hope they will let me finish my school until this December. I will earn my accounting degree and business degree this December.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            meangreen46
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 603

                            Originally posted by BoJackUSMC
                            good luck on your CBP career. I am taking my written test exam this October. I been studying very hard for last three weeks. I feel very confident about this test because the study guide they sent me. I only missed 5 questions out of 60 I believe. I am going to keep on studying until the test date. They told me I will get additional 5 points for being a veteran so I am very happy about that. Every point counts. I just pray if I were to get hire by CBP, I hope they will let me finish my school until this December. I will earn my accounting degree and business degree this December.
                            You won't have to worry about getting into an academy by December if your test is only in October. Even if they are doing expedited processing, it will take at least 5 months and that is if everything goes smoothly.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ArtSki
                              Junior Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 87

                              Originally posted by BoJackUSMC
                              good luck on your CBP career. I am taking my written test exam this October. I been studying very hard for last three weeks. I feel very confident about this test because the study guide they sent me. I only missed 5 questions out of 60 I believe. I am going to keep on studying until the test date. They told me I will get additional 5 points for being a veteran so I am very happy about that. Every point counts. I just pray if I were to get hire by CBP, I hope they will let me finish my school until this December. I will earn my accounting degree and business degree this December.
                              On average it takes well over 6 months to go through the process.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1