Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How to approach LEO when needing a ticket signed off

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    winnre
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2010
    • 9214

    Originally posted by alex00
    Giving a fireman a ticket? Who writes firemen? I've also never seen a citation that was agency specific for the signoff.
    Who gets more slack, fire or military?
    "If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson

    Comment

    • #32
      Samuelx
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 1558

      Professional courtesy is an Individual officer thing.

      That being said, I've met way too many gang banging or otherwise shady military members - I've yet to meet a gang banging fireman...


      ETA: I don't mean to knock military members - some of my best partners and friends on the department are also former military members...
      Last edited by Samuelx; 05-26-2010, 6:44 AM.

      Comment

      • #33
        alex00
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 839

        Originally posted by Lone_Gunman
        You need to put on a dark hoodie and sunglasses. Approach an officer on the street with your hands in your pockets, walking fast while saying "Yo, yo, yo, I gots to axe you sompin' yo. They will help you out I'm sure.
        You joke, but...

        Originally posted by winnre
        Who gets more slack, fire or military?
        I won't write either one, unless they absolutely demand it.

        Comment

        • #34
          IrishJoe3
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 3804

          Originally posted by winnre
          Who gets more slack, fire or military?
          Neither. Professionalism on the part of the violator gets slack. If anyone starts coping an additude that they are exempt from the law because of what they did/do/who they are, sign here. That applies to firemen, cops, military and Joe professional. I'm a Staff SGT in the US Army and I am down right embarrased the way some Soldiers/Sailors/Marines/Airmen and Coasties act when they are pulled over. (For example, do not hang your military ID out the window when getting pulled over...it makes the SSG in me come out and I've called more than a few service member's platoon SGTs to make sure the trooper gets squared away back on post). And for you other officer, on the Military side of the house, we have a big problem in the military of young service members back from overseas feeling bullet proof and kiling themselves in vehicle accidents. I appreciate the gesture but you are not doing a young hot headed Soldier any favors but giving him/her a verbal warning.

          For signing off tickets, I have no problem signing a ticket off. As its been said trying to talk to an officer on a stop is a really bad idea, but if I'm writting a report, getting a cup of coffee, etc I have no problem. I know if you take it into an office they usually do have a stamp they stamp on the citation but I've never heard the courts requiring the stamp.
          Urban legends are a poor basis for making public policy.

          Comment

          • #35
            GoatLovin
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 745

            Originally posted by winnre
            Who gets more slack, fire or military?
            And what if you're both?

            Comment

            • #36
              winnre
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2010
              • 9214

              Originally posted by GoatLovin
              And what if you're both?
              I am.
              "If Jesus had a gun he would be alive today"-Homer Simpson

              Comment

              • #37
                GoatLovin
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2008
                • 745

                So am I.

                Comment

                • #38
                  GP3
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 1392

                  Originally posted by mej16489
                  Goto the reception desk of your local station and ask nicely if someone is available for a signoff.
                  This^

                  The front desk officer didn't even look at my front license plate

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Lyte-
                    CGSSA Associate
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 2063

                    Okay you guys gave me a couple options. I don't drive my truck around alot, so my best bet would be to try to get off early and go down to the station and see if they can sign off the ticket for me.

                    But if there will be any LEO's at the BP this weekend expect me to hit you up

                    I'll exchange signature for a ride on one of the quads I am bringing to the party
                    Originally posted by Kestryll
                    I know you and frankly since we're being honest you disgust me.
                    In all honesty I waffle between finding you disgusting and pitying you that your life is so void of anything substantial that you measure yourself by 'conquests' and who you know that can get you in where.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      SVT-40
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 12907

                      Originally posted by Lyte-
                      Its nearly impossible for me to "fix" the violation as that would involve me pretty much improving/ changing Fords design and relocating items on the back of my truck. (I was ticketed for an OEM/ Factory feature)
                      Okay, now I'm curious. What were you specifically cited for? List the section on your cite if you can.
                      Poke'm with a stick!


                      Originally posted by fiddletown
                      What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        retired
                        Administrator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 9411

                        Originally posted by cmcconn
                        I just go hang out at the local donut shop

                        (That was a joke, please don't ban me for bashing)
                        You're good.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          CSACANNONEER
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 44094

                          Originally posted by Lyte-
                          Okay you guys gave me a couple options. I don't drive my truck around alot, so my best bet would be to try to get off early and go down to the station and see if they can sign off the ticket for me.

                          But if there will be any LEO's at the BP this weekend expect me to hit you up

                          I'll exchange signature for a ride on one of the quads I am bringing to the party
                          I just asked for help in the BP thread. I know that topgun7 keeps wanting to make it out but, he always seems to be busy. I wonder how we could bribe entice him to show up?
                          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                          Utah CCW Instructor


                          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                          sigpic
                          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                          KM6WLV

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            FLIGHT762
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 3072

                            Originally posted by Doheny
                            A friend at work got a fix-it ticket for tinted windows from the CHP. The CHPie marked it "CHP Only" in regards to who could sign it off. The officer knew my friend had a number of friends who were city cops (my friend is a fireman) and he didn't want one of the city coppers doing him a favor and signing him off when he hadn't complied.

                            Anyone ever heard of a similar situation?
                            I cited for tinted windows and used a tint meter to get the visible light transmittance reading. I would get an occasional person tell me to my face to go ahead and write the ticket, he would get a Police buddy from another jurisdiction to falsely sign it off. I've had it happen a number of times. I would cite the 26708 (A) (2) section then write "Advised 24004 V.C. and 40616 V.C." on the face of the citation below the 28708(A) (2) line. I would then write on the back of the violator's copy on one of the lines used to sign off the citation "Per sec. 40616 V.C. to be signed off only by Officer ****** at ****** P.D."

                            If they didn't comply , the next time I wrote them for not complying on removing the tint, I'd cite for 24004 and/or 40616 V.C., which is a Misdemeanor and would be heard in criminal court, not Traffic Court.

                            Of all of the equipment violations I wrote, I had the most non compliance was with tinted windows.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              TaxAnnihilator
                              Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 408

                              CHP does it for free. I go to the office off 17th St and the 55. No wait, easy.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                ke6guj
                                Moderator
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 23725

                                Originally posted by FLIGHT762
                                I cited for tinted windows and used a tint meter to get the visible light transmittance reading. I would get an occasional person tell me to my face to go ahead and write the ticket, he would get a Police buddy from another jurisdiction to falsely sign it off. I've had it happen a number of times. I would cite the 26708 (A) (2) section then write "Advised 24004 V.C. and 40616 V.C." on the face of the citation below the 28708(A) (2) line. I would then write on the back of the violator's copy on one of the lines used to sign off the citation "Per sec. 40616 V.C. to be signed off only by Officer ****** at ****** P.D."

                                If they didn't comply , the next time I wrote them for not complying on removing the tint, I'd cite for 24004 and/or 40616 V.C., which is a Misdemeanor and would be heard in criminal court, not Traffic Court.

                                Of all of the equipment violations I wrote, I had the most non compliance was with tinted windows.
                                where does 40616 allow for you to designate that only a specific person can sign off on it?
                                Jack



                                Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                                No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1