Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monadnock batons

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • B.D.Dubloon
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4873

    Monadnock batons

    So I'm going to get a collapsible baton for work (security guarding). You guys gave me good advice on the cuffs (Peerless 700's didn't fail the one time I used them so far) so I thought I'd come here for baton advice. Most of what I have read online leads me to believe that Monadnock is the top of the line, end all be all in batons.

    Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone wants to sell a used baton, let me know

    Thanks,
    BDD
  • #2
    SarcoBlaster
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 1775

    I wasn't a fan of the Monadnock autolock baton. The lock jammed up on more than one occasion after striking with it and it failed to lock out consistently after expanding it. Didn't like the way they rattled either.

    For a rock solid baton, check out the RCB by Peacekeeper Products: http://www.peacekeeperproducts.com/
    My buyer/seller feedback.

    Comment

    • #3
      Seesm
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2008
      • 7812

      These are legal for NON leo at home only right?

      Comment

      • #4
        B.D.Dubloon
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 4873

        Originally posted by Seesm
        These are legal for NON leo at home only right?
        Nope. At least security guards can get permits to use them at work, assuming they pass a rigorous and comprehensive training program. I think they are legal for anyone (excluding felons of course).

        Comment

        • #5
          B.D.Dubloon
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 4873

          Originally posted by SarcoBlaster
          For a rock solid baton, check out the RCB by Peacekeeper Products: http://www.peacekeeperproducts.com/
          Thanks, I checked it out and that seems to be pretty damn good. More weight in the striking end...genius!!!

          I assume that to collapse them you just bang them on the ground like other batons? Do you have to extend them quickly when deploying to make sure they lock open tightly and you don't have them collapsing on you during scuffles?

          Comment

          • #6
            iceman710
            Junior Member
            • Jan 2010
            • 78

            I do like how the monadnock baton is designed although I have had to replace one before from seizing up on me. Usually the batons that dont expand fully and lock in an open position are being opened incorrectly; straight down towards your boot to the seam of your leg rather than down and back, that rearward motion is where the baton malfunctions, but there are exceptions im sure sarcoblaster encountered as have I. What i dont like about them is the loose rattle. I would rather have a solid feeling baton and maybe a built in hindi cap.

            Comment

            • #7
              Seesm
              Calguns Addict
              • Nov 2008
              • 7812

              Weird my LEo buddy says civilians can not own these.... Hhhm

              Comment

              • #8
                iceman710
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 78

                Originally posted by Seesm
                Weird my LEo buddy says civilians can not own these.... Hhhm

                your friend is correct.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bobula
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2007
                  • 9386

                  batons, asps, billy clubs, and saps are all under 12020 pc. BD I have an extra 31" asp brand I'll sell you cheap with proof of permit. i've been wanting a monadnock colapsable side handle, but I've read bad things.
                  Originally posted by Kestryll
                  Yeah, don't tell that rat bastard Kestryll, he'll shut it down.

                  Fascist pig....

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CnCFunFactory
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 1084

                    That's funny the Army Navy surplus place sells them... I assume to anyone as there is no sign there or anything to that effect. Are they registered or regulated in some way?
                    NUNQUAM NON PARATUS

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Seesm
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7812

                      HHmmm I had heard at home for a NON felon is fine just do not get caught out of your home with it... Same as a dagger from what another LEO told me... yes no maybe?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SarcoBlaster
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2006
                        • 1775

                        Originally posted by B.D.Dubloon
                        I assume that to collapse them you just bang them on the ground like other batons? Do you have to extend them quickly when deploying to make sure they lock open tightly and you don't have them collapsing on you during scuffles?
                        I believe there's a video on the website that shows you how to collapse them. I was instructed to hold it at a 45 degree angle and tap the tip on the ground while rolling the baton in my hand to loosen the joints. Once the joints are loose, a sharp tap straight down should get it mostly closed.

                        You should be expanding it smartly downward next to your foot in order to ensure that it locks open properly.
                        Last edited by SarcoBlaster; 01-22-2010, 1:24 PM.
                        My buyer/seller feedback.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          B.D.Dubloon
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4873

                          Bobula, pm sent.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            B.D.Dubloon
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4873

                            Sarco, does it hit as hefty as the asps? I called Peacekeepers about a half hour ago and they said the 29" one weighed only 18.5 ounces. I think that is about 30% less than others. Have you noticed any issues as far as striking force goes?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CaliTheKid
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 546

                              Originally posted by B.D.Dubloon
                              Sarco, does it hit as hefty as the asps? I called Peacekeepers about a half hour ago and they said the 29" one weighed only 18.5 ounces. I think that is about 30% less than others. Have you noticed any issues as far as striking force goes?
                              There is no comparison. The Peacekeepers hit HARD-- much harder than an ASP. I have a 24" and have deployed it with acceptable results in training.
                              Last edited by CaliTheKid; 01-23-2010, 9:09 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1