How many here remember those? My old LT carried one when I started in 1978. I would like to buy one by the way........
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Clamshell Holsters
Collapse
X
-
My dept would not allow the clam shell but they did allow the Hoyt break front holsters. Those things were smooth and fast....and expensive!!The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it
Originally posted by RazoEI don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.Comment
-
I had 3 different Hoyts for my 6" Colt Python. High rise, Border Patrol, and hi-swivel. They were out of WA, but no longer in business. I think LAPD was the biggest purchaser of the clam shells in the 60's-early70's. They were for revolvers of course. Probably the best place to find one would be e-bay.Comment
-
-
I still have my original Hoyt. Someday, when I retire and we move to a place where I don't have to worry about some jackhole coming into our home and stealing all of it I'm going to build a wall of history. It will have to be a wall big enough for both my and my wife's career achievements. I would really like for her to be able to display her Medal of Valor.The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it
Originally posted by RazoEI don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.Comment
-
LASD Retired
1978-2011
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified InstructorComment
-
I used to carry one for my Model 25-5 long Colt. Big six inch nickle N frame shooting 225 grain Silvertips.
man does that bring back memories...
Anybody remember the old Bianchi breakfront the Judge? Hd one of those too.696K
101st Airborne/Infantry
Class of '75

1980-2020(KUN-540)
SoCal
Not just a job, an adventure
Comment
-
I've still got a Bianchi Judge around here somewhere... was standard issue when I was hired in the Bay Area in 1986. Worked a darn sight better than the clamshell.I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,597
Posts: 25,149,616
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28741 users online. 124 members and 28617 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment